Prospect Info: 2019 - 2020 Top 20 Blues Prospect List - #11

Who is the #10 Prospect in the Blues Prospect Pool?

• Filip Helt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dakota Joshua

• Tanner Kaspick

• Nikolaj Krag

• Hugh McGing

• Jeremy Michel

• Evan Polei

• Vadim Zherenko

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Top 20 Blues Prospect List:
1) Jordan Kyrou - 91.9%
2) Dominik Bokk - 84.2%
3) Klim Kostin - 43.4%
4) Ville Husso - 41.3%
5) Mitch Reinke - 36.5%
6) Niko Mikkola - 46.1%*
7) Scott Perunovich - 42.1%*
8) Nikita Alexandrov - 48.7%
9) Alexei Toropchenko - 45%
10) Evan Fitzpatrick - 21.6%

Fitzpatrick rounds off the top-10, meaning the Blues have almost as many goalies as defensemen in the top-10, and some would argue Ellis belongs in this group as well. But Fitzy edges out Ellis by just one vote. Now, onto #11.

To start the bottom half of the top 20, I'm torn between Foley, Ellis, and McGing here. I think each has outside potential to become NHLers because each provides definite NHL level strengths. But The amount of question marks for each is very concerning. In the end, I'm going with Foley. He could have been a top-5 prospect in this pool had he not suffered the injury he did. I hope he can get his life back on track and really contribute at the NHL level. He reminds me so much of Backes in how he plays. He might have the unlikeliest chance of actually reaching the NHL if his condition doesn't improve, but it's somewhat gratifying that it's an injury that's the only reason he won't become a professional. At this stage in the list, I'll go with his upside.

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
The problem with evaluating Foley, there's been almost no news on him - good or bad, since his concussion. At least, not that I have heard. Is he ready to play at the start of the upcoming season or has that been determined yet?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
The problem with evaluating Foley, there's been almost no news on him - good or bad, since his concussion. At least, not that I have heard. Is he ready to play at the start of the upcoming season or has that been determined yet?
I went Foley here, basically because it was time. If he is fully healthy he's probably one of our Top 5 prospects not in the NHL. If he can't get past the concussion issues and play the game the way he played it before, he may end up being a complete bust.

Reactions: Hrkac Circus

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I’m basing my vote on typical recovery. Even if he’s not 100% at training camp, there is nothing that would indicate he can’t resume his career at some point, without losing any physical tools. Think Perron.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I’m basing my vote on typical recovery. Even if he’s not 100% at training camp, there is nothing that would indicate he can’t resume his career at some point, without losing any physical tools. Think Perron.
I wish I shared your optimism. I see Perron as pretty close to best-case scenario. Worst case is that he never laces them up again. Where he falls on that spectrum remains to be seen, and I suspect that the lack of information to date makes it less likely we have an answer before training camp.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Sticking with Ellis but I have Foley next and would’ve had him a number of spots higher if not for the injury. If/when Foley returns from the concussion and if he can show good progression from college to the AHL then I would expect him to go up the rankings quite a bit.

Reactions: Hrkac Circus

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Voted for Washkurak again, but still have hope Walman can turn it around.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Ellis, Tucker and Laferriere are the next 3 for me in terms of most likely to make legit impacts for us in either a top 9, top 4 or starting G role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad