Prospect Info: 2019-2020 Texas Stars Thread

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Johns didn't have as strong a game ( +2 but no points ) in a 5:2 Texas win.

Texas is now in a playoff spot and over .500 for the first time this season. Considering how they started the season thats kind of amazing.

Reactions: Bfantz

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Johns didn't have as strong a game ( +2 but no points ) in a 5:2 Texas win.

Texas is now in a playoff spot and over .500 for the first time this season. Considering how they started the season thats kind of amazing.

What wasn't strong about it, out of curiosity?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
What wasn't strong about it, out of curiosity?

I don't know he didn't win the game by himself ? 100 Degree hockey said he looked more mortal this game or something like that. In the game against the Marlies he was like an immortal beeing dropped into a cagematch with mere mortals.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I don't know he didn't win the game by himself ? 100 Degree hockey said he looked more mortal this game or something like that. In the game against the Marlies he was like an immortal beeing dropped into a cagematch with mere mortals.

I’m sure adrenaline helped a lot - he certainly lived up to the moment. The good thing is all we need is a steady guy on the back-end who can add a physical presence and not make too many mistakes, which it sounds like he’s shown so far.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Texas won again. Neil Graham seems to be a great hire. Texas has been absolutely on fire since he took over. I would not be suprised if a couple of years down the line he'll be a hot coaching prospect for NHL jobs.

Also there's no way Caamano isn't an NHL regular next year. Everytime he's in for Texas he's among the teams best players.

Last edited:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I remember them saying that while the main reason for trading Nyberg was the logjam on D, but I know they said adding Palve was because of the lack of center depth.

I hadn't noticed this until now, but since when did L'Esperance start playing wing in the AHL? I know that's what he mostly played in the NHL, but last year in the AHL he was mostly playing center. I haven't kept up much with Texas this year.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Looking at 100 Degree Hockey's game recaps on his site, looks like this is L’Esperance's first game at wing. Before Melnick was splitting time at center and wing it seems.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Texas Stars have fallen out of the playoffs, but they have games in hand on 2 of the teams in front of them.

Texas very much needs to get in the playoffs this year. Playoff experience in the AHL was so huge for so many current Dallas Stars. I really want to see guys like Robertson, Gardner, Kiviranta, and Caamano to get that experience, and you have what would be a huge bonus is potential experience for Dellandrea and Harley.

I wonder if Nill can do something to bolster the current team to get them to that point? I know that move for Palve was an attempt to help with the depth at center. We know White will make some noise with NCAA free agents in a month or so.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yeah thats not very good without Robertson , Caamano and Kiviranta . L'Esperance and Gardner are decent . After that it gets iffy.

Last edited:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Dallas often brings over the European guys they're going to sign after their 3rd season post draft so these are the 2 who could join Texas this season potentially:

Jakob Stenqvist (RD): Swedish D playing for Assat in Finland. Top 6 teams make the playoffs. 7th to 10th play for the final 2 spots, and Assat looks like they'll be in that 7-10 mix. They're 10th with a 9 point lead on 11th. All games are worth 3 points in Liiga (3 points for a regulation win).

Fredrik Karlstrom (F): Swedish F playing for Vaxjo. They're 2 points back of 10th place. Just like Liiga, Top 6 make the playoffs, and teams 7-10 play for the final 2 spots. They're 13 points up on 13 meaning it's highly unlikely they'll play in the relegation tournament.

2 years post draft, Dallas' norm is to bring Europeans over to mostly observe the Texas Stars and practice with them. That's something you can probably expect with Albin Eriksson and Oskar Back.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
So I looked at the draft year wrong on those 2. This is Dallas' last chance to sign Karlstrom and Stenqvist.

I also totally overlooked the 2017 draft somehow. Jacob Peterson is the guy who is 3 years out, but he is playing for Frolunda, one of the top teams in the SHL. He'll likely go deep in the playoffs. Frolunda usually does.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'm a fan of this higher angle camera.

Also I really like the black on their jerseys.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Damn .... now Louis is hurt. He's been a big part of the Texas turnaround ....

Gleason is play forward.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
2 of the best forwards called up and 3 injured. Eek . Djuse was also pretty close to the scoring lead. Thats alot of scoring thats missing for Texas.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Great news for Texas. Louis has been such a good add by Scott White.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Texas is 6 points out of a playoff spot, and they just lost one of their leading scorers in Djuse. Led the team in assists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad