Prospect Info: 2019-2020 Texas Stars Thread

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Colton Point is not the guy you want in net to turn things around.

Shame really, things were looking so good for him at Colgate but he is not going to be an NHL goalie.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Colton Point is not the guy you want in net to turn things around.

Shame really, things were looking so good for him at Colgate but he is not going to be an NHL goalie.

At this point it seems like they're just throwing shit at the wall to see if something works and sticks. Goaltending hasn't really been the issue . It was mostly defensive brainfarts and an inability to convert the scoring chances. Aparently they had more chances than San Antonio but its 2:0 Rampage .

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I haven't watched much of Texas this year, but from my limited viewings they give up 30 odd man rushes against per game it seems like.

In one of the recent highlight packages I saw, it was like three or four 3 on 1s against.. that is just unacceptable.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
This is terrible how many losses in a row until they can Laxdal? Can’t be good for the prospects to be getting worked every night. Just goes to show that besides Robertson, and even he’s a huge question mark at this point, there isn’t much on that team to be excited about. Bunch of guys that maybe pan out as fourth liners or bottom pairing.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This is terrible how many losses in a row until they can Laxdal? Can’t be good for the prospects to be getting worked every night. Just goes to show that besides Robertson, and even he’s a huge question mark at this point, there isn’t much on that team to be excited about. Bunch of guys that maybe pan out as fourth liners or bottom pairing.

They just don't have difference makers down in Cedar park right now. Roope and Denis could just skate through everybody down there and generate scoring chances at will the last few seasons . Nobody close to that on the team anymore. JRob isn't a player like that.

Well at least the results don't really matter in the AHL . So i'm not too down on guys because of the team struggling this year. Its an inexperienced bunch and it shows , shows badly.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
They just don't have difference makers down in Cedar park right now. Roope and Denis could just skate through everybody down there and generate scoring chances at will the last few seasons . Nobody close to that on the team anymore. JRob isn't a player like that.

Well at least the results don't really matter in the AHL . So i'm not too down on guys because of the team struggling this year. Its an inexperienced bunch and it shows , shows badly.

Makes me wonder if next year will be just as bad because Dellandra and Damiani are good, but don’t have the speed of Hintz/Gurianov. I’m just not seeing a lot of hope in this group current or future.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016

Ive watched some since I have Robertson on my dynasty team... the dude literally has nothing to work with... nobody can get him the puck in give and gos

He’s not fast enough to create on his own... but he’s very smart... he passes the puck and moves into position but he never gets the puck back

club desperately needs a good solid playmaking AHL vet down the middle

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Ive watched some since I have Robertson on my dynasty team... the dude literally has nothing to work with... nobody can get him the puck in give and gos

He’s not fast enough to create on his own... but he’s very smart... he passes the puck and moves into position but he never gets the puck back

club desperately needs a good solid playmaking AHL vet down the middle

Dowling would be a great fit for Robertson as he has been with many of our young players. I figured next year we’d go Damiani, L’Esperance, Kero down the middle with one of Dellandra/Gardner making the team and the other one taking the top spot. After this season we may want to bring in a vet and move one of Damiani/L’Esperance to right wing.

Reactions: Azzuri

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Texas Stars snapped the losing streak . Won in a shootout tonight 7:6

Caamano 2 goals 1 assists , Robertson 1 goal 1 assist. L'Esperance also 1 goal 1 assist . Also Mersch was aparently good but he ain't a player for Dallas.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
On a lighter Note Texas Stars currently leading 7:3 in a game. Caamano has been really good again aparently.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seems like both Gardner and Caamano are by far Texas two best players . No wonder the team sucked so much when both got called up by the Stars.

Also no wonder they both did not look out of place at the NHL level.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I follow the Texas Stars on instagram and its always a fun ride seeing what the intermission scores will be.
Its always something like:
  1. 0-1
  2. 1-5
  3. 4-8 L

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Last two TX games have been a lot of fun, love seeing them find some scoring. We were giving Tim Army hell last night in section 118.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Seems like both Gardner and Caamano are by far Texas two best players . No wonder the team sucked so much when both got called up by the Stars.

Also no wonder they both did not look out of place at the NHL level.

Yeah I think both are going to end up being solid bottom six players for us. If we can move out someone like Coglino for a late pick it would give us some more cash to shore up our defence and give one of these guys a spot.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Robertson scored tonight and now they Texas Stars have won 8 of their last 9. 6 points on Robertson's current 5 game point streak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad