Speculation: 2019-2020 Sharks Roster Discussion Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Lets say the mother has a particularly long labor and gets an infection. They likely would need to stay more than 2 days. Would she be responsible for costs after day 2?

No. The limit is there only for healthy moms who are medically cleared for discharge.
And if baby is in the NICU and has to stay longer.

I know it's a subtle time piece and all but…

lTuc8BD.jpg

I'd figure he'd be more of an apple watch guy.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
No. The limit is there only for healthy moms who are medically cleared for discharge.
And if baby is in the NICU and has to stay longer.

I'd figure he'd be more of an apple watch guy.

Ah, I see. So really it does come down to medical necessity, with what you might call an "automatic minimum" for certain circumstances.

Got Mullet

Aug 14, 2008
Lincoln, CA
Josh Ho-Sang requested a trade out of New York. At this point, I’d offer Antti Suomela in exchange for him as a favor to both players. I’d also offer Tim Heed to Dallas in exchange for Julius Honka.

Wasn’t Boughner his coach in jr’s. The likelihood of the Sharks making a move for him would probably be dependent on Boughner’s input.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I've been seeing a lot of those Richard Mille watches lately. A fb friend was at the store the other just trying on fashion he'll never be able to buy. And now EK65 and now random other places.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Ever since Odell Beckham Jr wore one during an NFL game, it seems like there’s more focus on them now.

Since they’re supposed to be the G-Shock of the high end watch world, I expect to soon see an NHL player wearing one during a game

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Ever since Odell Beckham Jr wore one during an NFL game, it seems like there’s more focus on them now.

Since they’re supposed to be the G-Shock of the high end watch world, I expect to soon see an NHL player wearing one during a game
Aren't they like 100k+

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Next year is still going to be hard cap wise. Melker, Radil, Dell, Thornton, Dillon and Martin coming off the books frees up 11.5M. Coupled with the cap going up, say, 4M, that's 15.5M. Lets say we re-sign Lebanc for 4.5 and Simek for 1, that leaves 10M

(these lines are not meant to be real lines, but just depth charts)

Kane - Hertl - Meier
Bergmann - Couture - XXX
Sorensen - XXX - Labanc
Yurtaykin - Goodrow - True

Vlasic - Burns
Simek - EK65
Ferraro - XXX (700k)

Jones
XXX (1M)

If we have a competent 3rd line center in the pipeline somewhere, that would be ideal --- we really need Chmelevski or Chekhovich to pan out. There are quite a few okay UFAs options 2nd line RW, e.g., Toffoli, Dadonov, Granlund, Galchenyuk, or (not really) Hoffman. We could probably get one for 7M or less.

Tight, but not terrible.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Next year is still going to be hard cap wise. Melker, Radil, Dell, Thornton, Dillon and Martin coming off the books frees up 11.5M. Coupled with the cap going up, say, 4M, that's 15.5M. Lets say we re-sign Lebanc for 4.5 and Simek for 1, that leaves 10M

Kane - Hertl - Meier
Bergmann - Couture - XXX
Sorensen - XXX - Labanc

Vlasic - Burns
Simek - EK65
Ferraro - XXX (700k)

Jones
XXX (1M)

If we have a competent 3rd line center in the pipeline somewhere, that would be ideal --- we really need Chmelevski or Chekhovich to pan out. There are quite a few okay UFAs options 2nd line RW, e.g., Toffoli, Dadonov, Granlund, Galchenyuk, or (not really) Hoffman. We could probably get one for 7M or less.

Tight, but not terrible.

Dadanov would be ideal. He’ll probably get 7.5-8 on the open market though

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
For me, I'm pretty positive about our rookies sticking with the roster. Ferraro could be a strong complement to a veteran. And Yurt and Bergmann can be the complementary 3rd guys in the top 9 easily. This still leaves a top 6 player as the hole for me whether it's on wing or at center.

Let's say:
Kane-Hertl-Bergmann
Meier-Couture-Yurtaikin
Sorenson-Thornton-Labanc

Out of the top 9, it's either Sorenson or Thornton that sticks out as guys who are on the bubble. Sorenson was solid last year but he's closer to a bottom 6 player than a middle 6 player. I'm okay with him on the 3rd line with the right linemates. Thornton's aging curve may have him in the same spot as Sorenson where he's dependent on the right linemates to be on that 3rd line.

Reactions: themelkman

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
For me, I'm pretty positive about our rookies sticking with the roster. Ferraro could be a strong complement to a veteran. And Yurt and Bergmann can be the complementary 3rd guys in the top 9 easily. This still leaves a top 6 player as the hole for me whether it's on wing or at center.

Let's say:
Kane-Hertl-Bergmann
Meier-Couture-Yurtaikin
Sorenson-Thornton-Labanc

Out of the top 9, it's either Sorenson or Thornton that sticks out as guys who are on the bubble. Sorenson was solid last year but he's closer to a bottom 6 player than a middle 6 player. I'm okay with him on the 3rd line with the right linemates. Thornton's aging curve may have him in the same spot as Sorenson where he's dependent on the right linemates to be on that 3rd line.

If DW can acquire a top 6 right wing it pushes everything down, making the forward core much more palatable. Someone like Kreider would be ideal, especially if we can get salary retained for a slight overpayment.

Kane-Hertl-Top 6
Meier-Couture-Yurtaikin
Bergmann-Thornton-Labanc
Sorenson-Goodrow-Karlsson

Then the deadline then becomes about adding depth at either 3c or d and that depends on how the prospects develop over the course of the season and how well Simek plays coming off injury.

Say Ferraro sticks and Simek comes back and plays great. We could trade Dillon and end up with something like:

Kane-Hertl-Kreider(or another top 6)
Meier-Couture-Yurtaikin
Bergmann-addition/prospect-Labanc
Sorenson-Thornton-Karlsson
Radil-Goodrow-Brodzinski

Vlasic-Burns
Simek-Karlsson
Ferraro-Heed
Prout

Ideally you look for a cheap defensive/faceoff expert 3c vet. That would take a lot of pressure off Jumbo and should help our team d.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I’m not worried about the bottom 6 at all. We just lack a high quality first line RW going forward
Even a 2nd line RW would work. I think getting a top-6 F helps the bottom-6 automatically because I think Yurtaykin and Bergmann both in the bottom-6 make it a lot better. I have been underwhelmed by Radil in the pre-season and 2 regular season games so far. I don't want to reiterate my views on Gambrell.

Meier-Couture-Labanc
Kane-Hertl-?
Sorensen-Jumbo-Yurtaykin
Bergmann-Goodrow-Kalrsson

Probably unpopular opinion but I think Sorensen has good value right now and I would like to move him + picks/prospect for that top-6 W. I think Bergmann, Yurtaykin, Brodzinski should be enough to fill that void. I am still really surprised at the apprehension of giving Chekhovich a shot in that top-6.

The other big question mark to me is the effectiveness of a 40 year old Jumbo come playoff time.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
The D pairs seem all f***ed up, part of that is injuries, but part of it is trying to force Vlasic-Burns when we don't have the depth to stack a pair like that

When healthy I hope they try:

51/38-88
38/4/51-65
-4/38/72/5

It's early but Ferraro looks steady, maybe he can be Karlsson's partner long term or we could swap him with Simek

I don't care who wins the job as the #6, but they should probably play sheltered minutes with Vlasic to mitigate their weaknesses

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
The D pairs seem all ****ed up, part of that is injuries, but part of it is trying to force Vlasic-Burns when we don't have the depth to stack a pair like that

51/38-88
38/4/51-65
-4/38/72/5

It's early but Ferraro looks steady, maybe he can be Karlsson's partner long term or we could swap him with Simek

I don't care who wins the job as the #6, but they should probably play sheltered minutes with Vlasic to mitigate their weaknesses

Yup. I don't see any reason not to have one of Burns, Karlsson or Vlasic on the ice at all times unless one of them is in the box.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
The D pairs seem all ****ed up, part of that is injuries, but part of it is trying to force Vlasic-Burns when we don't have the depth to stack a pair like that

51/38-88
38/4/51-65
-4/38/72/5

I did like Vlasic-Heed last year. I am weary of putting Ferraro with another offensive D man, but it's worth a shot putting him with Burns.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Kane - Hertl - Meier
Bergmann - Couture - XXX
Sorensen - XXX - Labanc

Vlasic - Burns
Simek - EK65
Ferraro - XXX (700k)

Jones
XXX (1M)

Tight, but not terrible.

Until we see what we have in Labanc, Yurtaykin, Bergmann, Gambrell, Ferraro, and what our kids are looking like especially with Chekhovich and Chmelevski, it's hard to get a real read on what we need. I'm moving on from Labanc if by the off-season, he hasn't solidified a spot with Hertl or Couture. If he's still predominantly only effective with Thornton, I'm not paying him 4.5 mil for that. I'm trading him for the best futures package is available or for a competent depth RHD and futures or as part of a package to bring in a premium winger. If we're confident that Bergmann and Yurtaykin are competent middle six wingers then we can work around that. I don't think I'd want Chmelevski to center one of them and Sorensen as our 3rd line and I only really have faith in Hertl to potentially carry someone like Bergmann or Yurtaykin or Chekhovich with Kane. Couture needs Meier and likely needs a premium winger to solidify their top line status and be able to consistently match up well with the top lines of other playoff teams. None of the kids look like they will be ready for that sort of role this year or next year. However, Kane-Couture-Meier could if we had faith in Hertl's ability to be in a secondary role with those sorts of wingers but they'd need to show that they warrant that sort of confidence in them this year...at least one of them.

Reactions: fasterthanlight

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Until we see what we have in Labanc, Yurtaykin, Bergmann, Gambrell, Ferraro, and what our kids are looking like especially with Chekhovich and Chmelevski, it's hard to get a real read on what we need. I'm moving on from Labanc if by the off-season, he hasn't solidified a spot with Hertl or Couture. If he's still predominantly only effective with Thornton, I'm not paying him 4.5 mil for that. I'm trading him for the best futures package is available or for a competent depth RHD and futures or as part of a package to bring in a premium winger. If we're confident that Bergmann and Yurtaykin are competent middle six wingers then we can work around that. I don't think I'd want Chmelevski to center one of them and Sorensen as our 3rd line and I only really have faith in Hertl to potentially carry someone like Bergmann or Yurtaykin or Chekhovich with Kane. Couture needs Meier and likely needs a premium winger to solidify their top line status and be able to consistently match up well with the top lines of other playoff teams. None of the kids look like they will be ready for that sort of role this year or next year. However, Kane-Couture-Meier could if we had faith in Hertl's ability to be in a secondary role with those sorts of wingers but they'd need to show that they warrant that sort of confidence in them this year...at least one of them.
Labanc looks better this season but I already prefer Bergmann and Yourtalkin at 5 on 5.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Labanc looks better this season but I already prefer Bergmann and Yourtalkin at 5 on 5.

Right now, as limited as it may be, Labanc doesn't look good enough to justify that sort of contract but there's a long way to go. I don't know about Bergmann or Yurtaykin either.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
Through 3 games, I really like Yurtaykin, Bergman.

Just need to stop the stupid defensive turnovers. Vlasic needs to be nudged into realising the season has started. PP needs some work.

We'll be fine - we need Kane back. Shows how limited our depth is.

Reactions: themelkman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad