Prospect Info: 2019-2020 Senators Prospects Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I didn’t know negotiating tactics expired. Do you think a GM would say that internal comps have zero relevance?
0402c83d621b4a08acece9c8f1892f58.ashx

This 2 year old. Not that 2 year old.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You are the only one I know using it

Do you know any GM’s that don’t use it ? Simmer references it often in the AM, Dubas had Marner etc. Even if you don’t believe it you seem to think White’s play was worth $26 million so it’s likely a few of our young player reach that anyway in the next few years.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Do you know any GM’s that don’t use it ? Simmer references it often in the AM, Dubas had Marner etc. Even if you don’t believe it you seem to think White’s play was worth $26 million so it’s likely a few of our young player reach that anyway in the next few years.

I think its easily diffused. If an agent gets hung up on what the Sens payed White.. I don't think they'll get very far in a serious, mature negotiation. Its obvious different factors went into the White extension. It doesn't look good now. If the club made a mistake (tbd) .. they are not going to use that mistake to overpay someone else its as simple as that. Its like everyone else using Bobby Ryan's contract to get paid over 7.5 not going to happen and they'd be laughed at if that was their position in a negotiation.

Reactions: OD99 and Micklebot

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think its easily diffused. If an agent gets hung up on what the Sens payed White.. I don't think they'll get very far in a serious, mature negotiation. Its obvious different factors went into the White extension. It doesn't look good now. If the club made a mistake (tbd) .. they are not going to use that mistake to overpay someone else its as simple as that. Its like everyone else using Bobby Ryan's contract to get paid over 7.5 not going to happen and they'd be laughed at if that was their position in a negotiation.

i agree - White hypothetically playing terrible reduces the connection (like Ryan). However if he hums along at 12-18 G holding a top 9 position it makes it more relevant.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
i agree - White hypothetically playing terrible reduces the connection (like Ryan). However if he hums along at 12-18 G holding a top 9 position it makes it more relevant.
White is not playing terrible, he's just not scoring which again makes me wonder if scoring is all that is important to you? He plays a very good defensive game & is improving in the faceoff circle but clearly needs some puck luck offensively. IMO they did not sign him for what he does this yr, but what they believe he will develop into over the course of this contract. By the end of it he could be worth a lot more than what he is getting paid, who knows? I think we have to give him another yr with some better players to see how he develops before saying he is over paid at this early stage of his contract IMO.

Reactions: Deku

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
White is not playing terrible, he's just not scoring which again makes me wonder if scoring is all that is important to you? He plays a very good defensive game & is improving in the faceoff circle but clearly needs some puck luck offensively. IMO they did not sign him for what he does this yr, but what they believe he will develop into over the course of this contract. By the end of it he could be worth a lot more than what he is getting paid, who knows? I think we have to give him another yr with some better players to see how he develops before saying he is over paid at this early stage of his contract IMO.

This isn’t supposed to be a White discussion. I don’t think White is playing well defensively. I think he is positioned well and is skating well but losing too many battles to be effective defensively. Offensively he isn’t scoring but he is also losing battles, getting pushed off the puck with ease, and killing offensive plays .He isn’t distributing the puck or making any plays to contribute offensively.

So no... I don’t just care that he isn’t scoring. That being said I would like guys making his money to score alittle.... but I would take a small step ahead from where he ended last year. Haven’t seen either yet.

Last edited:

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I expected more from White. I thought we'd see him creating scoring chances but I also thought we'd see him getting under the opposition's skin and wreaking havoc with the forecheck. I've seen nothing close to that so far this season. That said, it's far too early to write him off (not to say anyone is writing him off). I still have high hopes for him in the future.

Reactions: Sweatred

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I thought White has been really really good since the boston game.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I expected more from White. I thought we'd see him creating scoring chances but I also thought we'd see him getting under the opposition's skin and wreaking havoc with the forecheck. I've seen nothing close to that so far this season. That said, it's far too early to write him off (not to say anyone is writing him off). I still have high hopes for him in the future.

I expected more too for that contract. So far, we have not seen any of the things you expected to see: Creating scoring chances? No. Getting under opponent’s skin? No. Wreaking havoc with the forecheck? No. Scoring? No. Strong defensively and physically? No.

I did not have high expectations when he was drafted and see what I expected: third or 4th liner. I hope his development improves. I prefer Duclair at this point.

Reactions: Sweatred

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Pinto with 2 goals so far tonight against Western Michigan. 18 minutes left in the 3rd period.

Thanks to the tweet I realized Pinto is an anagram of Point. So that's promising, even though it's not as good as if your name is literally (Brayden) Point.

Now is there a Shane Lago we could draft next?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Good player?
Lmao

Couldnt be! It must be that the NCHC is a weak division.

He's now 5th in U20 scoring, behind Caufield (15th, 2019), Zegras (9th, 2019), Turcotte (5th, 2019), and Carl Berglund (undrafted). The only other guys with better pts per game are Jack Drury (42nd, 2018) and Alex Newhook (16th, 2019).

#3rdlineupside #wasteofapick

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->