Prospect Info: 2019-2020 Senators Prospects Watch Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
Another factor to consider is who may be in Belleville. This years team was stacked with good young players and next year will probably have Norris, Form, Abramov,leading at times. The year after could see Pinto as the top C on that team without any insulation. We have lots of picks but it does feel like we have a bit of a drop at forward prospects that could negatively impact his development.
Norris will be in the NHL next season.

Reactions: The Brady Bunch

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Yes, I've seen Gruden play. On TV and at the prospect camp in Ottawa.

Wait, because he had one fight you think he's gritty and rough? I'm pretty sure every NHL player had a fight somewhere in their career. Even Semin had a fight in the NHL. Does that make him rough and gritty?

those were girl punches

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Yes, I've seen Gruden play. On TV and at the prospect camp in Ottawa.

Wait, because he had one fight you think he's gritty and rough? I'm pretty sure every NHL player had a fight somewhere in their career. Even Semin had a fight in the NHL. Does that make him rough and gritty?

There you go again making crap up. I didn't say one fight makes him a gritty player, you made that up. I linked that to show he is willing to play a rough game when necessary. In the games I have seen him & from what I saw at the development camp & rookie tournament, he plays a north/south game goes into the corners & dirty areas & isn't afraid to mix it up, that to me is a gritty game. He isn't a flash & dash, cherry picker or perimeter player, he gets involved offensively & defensively & plays a smart game & doesn't shy away.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Sens ‘prospect’ Todd Burgess just completes a 4 goal game. Very doubtful that he will be signed though.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah highly doubt we sign Burgess but I'm interested in Chris Wilkie. 20 goals on a bad team. Worth a look. I'm guessing they were only like 25% on signing him when they made the deal but he's kinda lit it up since.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
So who gets signed and who gets let go?

Summer UFA's (unless signed): Kevin Mandolese, Markus Nurmi, Christopher Wilkie
2021 UFA's: Viktor Lodin, Mark Kastelic, Maxcence Guenette, Mads Soogaard, Todd Burgess
2022 UFA's: Jacob Bernard-Docker, Johny Tychonik, Angus Crookshank, Jakov Novak
2023 UFA's: Shane Pinto, Luke Loheit

Locks: Jacob Bernard-Docker, Johny Tychonik, Shane Pinto, Mads Soogard
Probables: Kevin Mandolese, Mark Kastelic, Angus Crookshank
Questionables: Viktor Lodin? Maxcence Guenette, Luke Loheit, Jakov Novak
Danger Zone: Markus Nurmi, Chris Wilkie, Todd Burgess

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
So who gets signed and who gets let go?

Summer UFA's (unless signed): Kevin Mandolese, Markus Nurmi, Christopher Wilkie
2021 UFA's: Viktor Lodin, Mark Kastelic, Maxcence Guenette, Mads Soogaard, Todd Burgess
2022 UFA's: Jacob Bernard-Docker, Johny Tychonik, Angus Crookshank, Jakov Novak
2023 UFA's: Shane Pinto, Luke Loheit

Locks: Jacob Bernard-Docker, Johny Tychonik, Shane Pinto, Mads Soogard
Probables: Kevin Mandolese, Mark Kastelic, Angus Crookshank
Questionables: Viktor Lodin? Maxcence Guenette, Luke Loheit, Jakov Novak
Danger Zone: Markus Nurmi, Chris Wilkie, Todd Burgess

I agree with all of these except I would move up Guenette to Probables and Wilkie to Questionables.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Lodin can be let go already essentially. That was a swing and a miss in the 4th for sure.

Likewise with Loheit.

I wanted to put Lodin in the danger zone, but something prompted the team to take him in the 4th, whatever caused them to do that might be enough to get him a contract? Certainly wouldn't if I were calling the shots, but I'm trying to put myself into PD's head a little bit for these.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I wanted to put Lodin in the danger zone, but something prompted the team to take him in the 4th, whatever caused them to do that might be enough to get him a contract? Certainly wouldn't if I were calling the shots, but I'm trying to put myself into PD's head a little bit for these.
Well, Anders Ostberg was the head scout for Oreboro from 2014-2017, and he was the guy who brought Lodin into the Oreboro organisation in 2015 where he remains today. I'd imagine Lodin was his guy for years, and he fought hard to have his guy drafted, may have clouded our judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad