2019/2020 season predictions

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Ok, I’ll take that friendly bet. And i’ll hope Hayton & Wilde are not returned and Sarnia, Soo, Windsor sell :) just kidding, wish no teams would sell or load up excessively

Prosvetov too. There are some big difference makers in limbo right now. The Soo is too good to sell and they also don't have anything to sell. Windsor might be in the same boat, but they are a fair bit older so who knows. Sarnia looks like they will sell right now. They have an excellent OA group.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
No Hayton, Wilde, Prosvetov, ... Gilmour, new GM in Windsor are reasons I am not convinced the west is ‘extremely strong’

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
No Hayton, Wilde, Prosvetov, ... Gilmour, new GM in Windsor are reasons I am not convinced the west is ‘extremely strong’

Is Wilde not just still away because he's hurt? Or have they said the plan is for him to be in the AHL this year?

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Is Wilde not just still away because he's hurt? Or have they said the plan is for him to be in the AHL this year?
The original plan was AHL and still could be I have no knowledge otherwise. You would think he would be developing more in the OHL than trying to play after no skating for weeks in the AHL.

Reactions: boknows

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
The original plan was AHL and still could be I have no knowledge otherwise. You would think he would be developing more in the OHL than trying to play after no skating for weeks in the AHL.
If he's ready for the A, then he's ready for the A. A bit of missed time because of an ankle sprain won't matter a ton. Personally, I honestly think he could use a bit more time rounding out his game in the O. As a Flint fan though, I'd rather see him in the AHL and if Jacob Chychrun could make the jump from Sarnia to Arizona the way he did, then I could surely see Wilde making it in the AHL fine. I say "Bode to Bridgeport!!!".

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Any actual thoughts on who will be the last time to lose a hockey game (including overtime) and the last to win a hockey game?

We have our answer. The Gens are the only team in the entire CHL to still be perfect

Kingston/Sarnia still without wins (as well as Acadie-Bathurst in the QMJHL)

Reactions: LDN and Fischhaber

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
We have our answer. The Gens are the only team in the entire CHL to still be perfect

Kingston/Sarnia still without wins (as well as Acadie-Bathurst in the QMJHL)

An absurdly easy schedule so far, but an impressive accomplishment nonetheless. Even bad teams beat good teams now and then. Well, maybe not Kingston...

Reactions: three dog night

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Niagara only team to get a point from Oshawa so far I think Saginaw ends their streak tonight.
Other teams Oshawa has played so far kingston 0 wins and Hamilton and Missy 1 win so far after saggy play north bay who have 1 win thus far good schedule for Oshawa to get confidence early I suppose

Reactions: three dog night

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Other teams Oshawa has played so far kingston 0 wins and Hamilton and Missy 1 win so far after saggy play north bay who have 1 win thus far good schedule for Oshawa to get confidence early I suppose

You’re right, but you still gotta win the games (without Noel/MacLean too). Many expected Barrie to be right there with the Gens in the final standings yet they lost to North Bay, Owen Sound and Windsor.

Ottawa (consensus to be 1st overall in east) played 4/5 weak teams to start the year and didn’t beat one of them in regulation. And are 0-3 against the good teams

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
You’re right, but you still gotta win the games (without Noel/MacLean too). Many expected Barrie to be right there with the Gens in the final standings yet they lost to North Bay, Owen Sound and Windsor.

Ottawa (consensus to be 1st overall in east) played 4/5 weak teams to start the year and didn’t beat one of them in regulation. And are 0-3 against the good teams
True still gotta get those points for sure

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
True still gotta get those points for sure

It’s such a crapshoot early in the year. You never know how quickly teams are going to gel and which goalies are going to come out hot, or come out ice cold. Many of the top 5/7 goalies we had coming into the season have started out poorly

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
It’s such a crapshoot early in the year. You never know how quickly teams are going to gel and which goalies are going to come out hot, or come out ice cold. Many of the top 5/7 goalies we had coming into the season have started out poorly
Big W solid 3rd

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
I picked Hamilton to be 9th before the season--and so far, they're playing as I expected--inexperienced, lack of chemistry, strong offense being heavily offset by poor defense and bad goaltending--Costantini has not shown to be deserving of a starting job yet, and Roy is playing himself out of the Bulldogs plans for 2020-21..especially while Drobac develops with the Kilty B's.

And god forbid if the nepotism issue with Nathan Staios hits the locker room..Vince Laise has his hands full.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

I'll make you a friendly wager that the West has more wins than the Midwest by the end of the season, just for bragging rights.

After a quarter of the season, all 5 midwest teams are above .500 while only 3 of the West division teams are above .500

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
How are everyone’s predictions holding up going into the 2nd last month of the season? I think I’m safely out of the running since Sarnia is unlikely to jump to 6th in the West. No idea what I was thinking with that pick.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Depending on how the remaining 20 or so games go I could be somewhat in the best contention for the final standings but it all depends upon how the remaining games go. Two teams I picked are right where I'd expected them to be and if they stay where they are but schedules will play big factor now of who sees where across the predictions.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It’s so difficult to predict final OHL standings. The west for example, I feel as though I nearly nailed it; yet, I could end up with zero right. From memory I had picked;
Kitchener
Saginaw
Flint
London
OS
Windsor
Erie
Soo
Sarnia
Guelph

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
West:
1. Saginaw
2. London
3. Kitchener
4. SSM
5. Erie
6. Flint
7. Windsor
8. Owen Sound
9. Sarnia
10. Guelph

East:
1. Ottawa
2. Sudbury
3. Oshawa
4. Peterborough
5. Barrie
6. Mississauga
7. Hamilton
8. Niagara
9. North Bay
10. Kingston

If we're doing updates, here were my predictions. I think I've done pretty well actually. Almost nailed the East, and in the West, I have the top 3 teams correct, I just over-estimated Erie & SSM, and under-estimated Windsor & Guelph.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Getting close to the end...time to start taking a look at how some of these predictions have held up!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad