Celtics/NBA 2019-2020 Regular Season: Marcus Smart tests positive for CORVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
It is a shame that DJ wasn't around for his number retirement or his HOF induction.

Not bad for a kid Seattle called a headcase when they traded him to Boston

Not to nitpick ( well maybe just a bit ) but Boston got DJ from Phoenix in a 1-for-1 deal for Rick Robey.

EDIT: I forgot that Seattle traded DJ to Phoenix for Paul Westphal.

EDIT #2 - I should have know that Red would squeeze something extra out of Phoenix. The trade actually looked like this:

To Boston: Dennis Johnson, 1983 1st round pick ( #21 overall - Boston picked Greg Kite ) and a 1983 3rd round pick ( #52 overall - Boston picked Winfred King )

To Phoenix: Rick Robey and a pair of 1983 2nd round picks ( #28 overall - Phoenix picked Rod Foster and #45 overall - Phoenix picked Paul Williams )

Last edited:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Not to nitpick ( well maybe just a bit ) but Boston got DJ from Phoenix in a 1-for-1 deal for Rick Robey.

EDIT #2 - I should have know that Red would squeeze something extra out of Phoenix. The trade actually looked like this:

To Boston: Dennis Johnson, 1983 1st round pick ( #21 overall - Boston picked Greg Kite ) and a 1983 3rd round pick ( #52 overall - Boston picked Winfred King )

To Phoenix: Rick Robey and a pair of 1983 2nd round picks ( #28 overall - Phoenix picked Rod Foster and #45 overall - Phoenix picked Paul Williams )

Loved DJ. He was the engine that drove that team. Very underrated player who constantly outsmarted the opposition

Reactions: Alicat

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

The day that trade was announced if I remember correctly was a extremely hot day. I was going to my family’s boat in Beverly Harbor (Boat Name ? Hat Trick) and as I pulled in to park around early afternoon I heard it on the radio.

Basketball was my 4th favorite sport but apparently I was still smart enough to run an NBA franchise because when I heard it I could only laugh it was so one sided

DJ & Gus Williams were my favorite back court duo for the Sonics so I was ecstatic

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Not nit picky. Thank you for the info.

I grew up with my dad telling me DJ came from Seattle as a malcontent and never bothered looking it up.

At least I knew Parish wasn't drafted by the Celtics like so many think lol :)

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
you have to take The good with the bad when you’re dealing with Irrational confidence Marcus. That kind of self belief is why centers Can’t post him up

He can keep his self confidence but stop shooting shots I wouldn’t even be cool with Curry taking haha

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Anyone actually watch the game last night?

LOVED the format. The actual ending was somewhat anti-climatic, but the "Target Score" idea is fantastic. So much better than typical NBA end-of-game basketball.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Also Kemba's knee is worse than expected. Woo.

everything I’m reading says it’s still pretty minor, he needed it drained and got an injection. Not expected to miss extensive time. He also said he wouldn’t have played in the all star game had he known this could happen

can’t really fault a guy for playing in the all star game when his knee felt fine. It’s not like he missed the games right before it. He played 45 min in a game going into the break, the knee wasn’t an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad