Prospect Info: 2019-2020 Prospect Info and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I dunno guys. Those highlights just seem like Wheeler overhyping our draft picks.

Hedging, you say? LMAO, normally I wouldn't be that impressed, however, these highlights are all against very strong competition, relative to the age group. Basically like an All-Star game except everyone is putting in 100% efforts because the NHL scouts are carefully watching their every move.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
It’s a training camp. Of course there’s pressure and expectations but it’s not a real game. There’s nothing to glean other than being pumped they’re improving the likelihood of them making the team. That’s all I want from that camp.

If they’re making these plays in the wjc then you’ve got something to hang your hat on.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
It’s a training camp. Of course there’s pressure and expectations but it’s not a real game. There’s nothing to glean other than being pumped they’re improving the likelihood of them making the team. That’s all I want from that camp.

If they’re making these plays in the wjc then you’ve got something to hang your hat on.

Majority of the guys haven’t played in forever, either.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011

True. It's just important to understand that Canada's talent pool is massive. If our recent high picks are making names for themselves with that insane level of competition, that's a good sign.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
True. It's just important to understand that Canada's talent pool is massive. If our recent high picks are making names for themselves with that insane level of competition, that's a good sign.
No doubt. I’d be really impressed if all three make it. Rees is going as a role player and almost has an easier path than the other two. There’s only six to nine scoring spots for the other two. They likely had preconceived notions about players and may have certain preferred styles in mind, so our guys may really have to blow the doors off to change someone’s opinion if they weren’t expected to make it going in. They’ve all played for team Canada at other levels. All three are legit nhl prospects, but none of them look like first line talent yet. Wjc’s can change those expectations though.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Hedging, you say? LMAO, normally I wouldn't be that impressed, however, these highlights are all against very strong competition, relative to the age group. Basically like an All-Star game except everyone is putting in 100% efforts because the NHL scouts are carefully watching their every move.
I was just poking fun at bleed. I'm happy they looked good at this so far. I have high expectations for the three even if they don't live up to them. These exhibitions are nice and good to see them look well right now but like bleed said, I just hope it's a means to them making the team.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
You need bottom six guys though and I pretty strongly disagree that higher skill guys can easily fill those roles. You dont get Foegele or Mcginn from Tieksola and Pashin. I'm not against swinging for the fences at all as long as there's balance.

And we'll get some of those out of some of those boom or bust picks....Murray and Mercuri to name two. My sense is, however, the bottom 6-ers and bottom pairing guys are easier to pick up in FA as well as mining some of the other team's AHLers.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Kaski's been looking very good in the KHL. Been watching Avangard for a bit, and that shot is as good as it has ever been. I really hope that we can sign him to be our (potential) #7 next year after Seattle takes whoever off the blueline (likely Fleury), and I'm so glad that we gave him a QO despite his KHL signing. I just think that it would be a solid, inexpensive flyer to take, especially since we know that he was a really good fit with Warsofsky's system last season. Best case scenario, he turns into our Finnish version of Babchuk whenever Gardiner needs a true cannon to play with. Worst case scenario, he goes running back to the KHL.

Last edited:

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
If he'd been born H.B. Reese he would make peanut butter cups instead of playing hockey, and he'd also be dead!

QCth.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->