GDT: 2019-2020 Post-season Thread

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
The most hyped up season ends in total failure. Heads will roll.

New GM? If so probably looking to make a splash. Also shedding salary.

Out:
Matheson, Boyle, Yandle? Who else?

UFAs Hoffman, Dadonov both walk.

Can't afford to add anything significant, guys with ELCs have to take spots.

Last edited:

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I actually don't even care if Joyce is the next GM. He'll probably suck, but who cares we suck anyways. Should be a decent youth infusion next year.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
The most hyped up season ends in total failure. Heads will roll.

New GM? If so probably looking to make a splash. Also shedding salary.

Out:
Matheson, Boyle, Yandle? Who else?

Can't afford to add anything significant, guys with ELCs have to take spots.

Are you serious?

Nothing will happen. No one gives a shit. Tallon probably gets an extension.

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014
We need a miracle to not relocate them. Makes me sad. 2016 was bright, and future looked awesome. Not anymore. Blow it up for all I care.

Reactions: FinlandPanther

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
They honestly need to send some picks out to get rid of Stralman, Matheson, Yandle etc. We're stuck with Bob but hes shown he can play well so theres a silver lining.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The whole thing needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Barkov and Huberdeau will not want to keep wasting away in this organization losing year after year, so they might not even factor into the future here.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Start by getting rid of Tallon, our AHL coaching staff, Matheson.

After that, it depends on how nuclear you want to go; a total rebuild or more of a re-tool. Do we give it one last try with Barkov-Ekblad-Huberdeau? At an absolute minimum we need a new 2C and pray that Weegar, Stillman and our other D prospects keep developing well.

The middle 6 is a mess, the D is a mess, goaltending is questionable. Fun times.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Are you serious?

Nothing will happen. No one gives a shit. Tallon probably gets an extension.

I understand where you're coming from lol but I do think Viola will change the GM to be one of his own guys. Meaning Joyce. That obviously doesn't mean anything will get better, I could see a full teardown in the mix.

What's sad is that the off-season will probably be the most exciting part of the year, once again. *stares into oblivion*

Reactions: PanthersHockey1

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Do you guys see any big moves coming with prominent players this summer?

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I understand where you're coming from lol but I do think Viola will change the GM to be one of his own guys. Meaning Joyce. That obviously doesn't mean anything will get better, I could see a full teardown in the mix.

What's sad is that the off-season will probably be the most exciting part of the year, once again. *stares into oblivion*

You know what, I'd actually be find if Joyce comes in and does full analytical approach if he's allowed to clean house and get the players that fit his scheme.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
I agree with a complete tear-down.

The bottom line is that for whatever reason, while the FO has a vision of what the team should be, they don't know how to execute on that plan.

We traded McCann to get rid of Bjugstad (bad contract), traded Crouse to get rid of Bolland (bad contract). While those players aren't world-beaters, they both would be on our 2nd line right now.

Trocheck got screwed by his injury...he may still recover but he doesn't fit Q's style so they trade him for spare parts. Wallmark isn't even playing right now.

Matheson was given a big contract that he can't live up to. He either sucks or is coached poorly, pairing him with Yandle is a disaster. Bobrovsky is a bad contract for a mediocre team.

We would have been better off with Borgstrom and Tippet playing in the top 6 all this year. At least they would have one year of seasoning.

What is the plan with this team? We have to compete with Boston and TB. Their rosters are infinitely better and the Front Offices are too.

The biggest issue is that they can't self-scout. There appears to be no understanding of why the team keeps up at mediocrity. They can't evaluate talent. Can't draft, can't develop prospect, the one good signing we do make is lost in the expansion draft. Too many unforced errors where the buck stops with the GM.

At his point, Barkov and Huberdeau should be traded for a massive haul of picks, prospects, maybe even getting rid of contracts.

Players that should be bought out or traded: Bobrovsky, Yandle, Connolly, Stralman, Matheson.

Literally the only thing that can salvage this team right now is winning the lottery, getting Lafernie and hoping other young players over-perform their draft status.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Regarding the number one overall pick:

Screenshot_20200806-114604_theScore.jpg Screenshot_20200806-114611_theScore.jpg Screenshot_20200806-114616_theScore.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->