2019-2020 Playoff Avatar Thread

Given the current state of events, should we even do an avatar theme at all?

• Total voters

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Meh, if someone wants to put effort into them then sure. But I won't complain if we go without.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Meh, if someone wants to put effort into them then sure. But I won't complain if we go without.

I'm on the same boat. I was all in for clapping back at HF Boards for turning us into a meme (not that I blame them) but at best I'm just lukewarm unless someone more cheery pulls something out I really like and gets me back on track. I feel like our collective lack of participation in this thread says more about the fact that some things are just bigger than hockey and we're all feeling it right now.

You know what? I'll throw down for a "hockey doesn't matter" theme complete with jet skis. Any idea how to make that work?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Just put the Bolts logo, next frame picture of your chosen Lightning player, last frame “2020 NHL Playoffs” (optional: a Lightning bolt flashing or something). Something basic like that, no memes. Collectively represent Bolts nation on HFB but without tryharding to be funny or edgy.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Current issues overshadow the importance of hockey on a monumental scale.

That being said, I don't know that we should forego themed playoff avatars because there are larger issues out there. Sports aren't a somber affair - they're an escape more than anything else. But if no one is feeling avatars, that's fine and I completely get it. It's hard to feel passionate about anything as superficial as hockey right now.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
So far 88.9% of people want avatars so it doesn't sound like a lukewarm response to me, lol.

I'm down for making them or at least mocking up some of the ideas.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So it's nice to know I'll have some decent company in hell since I've thought of the same thing and was waiting for the wrath of everything holy to strike me dead right there

This board has a good sense of humor. It's not about hate toward the team--it would just be funny to lean into the HF assumptions.

Nikita Kucherov, regular season: Sweeps the three major awards

Nikita Kucherov, playoffs: (Russian accent) Throws temper tantrum like small child.

CHOKE

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I still like "We need to talk about Tampa" too.

Others:
  • Choking
  • Avengers (of last year)
  • Something around Dock Talk/influencers?
    • E.g. Sergachev walking his cat, Killer on the jetski

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This board has a good sense of humor. It's not about hate toward the team--it would just be funny to lean into the HF assumptions.

Nikita Kucherov, regular season: Sweeps the three major awards

Nikita Kucherov, playoffs: (Russian accent) Throws temper tantrum like small child.

CHOKE

I'm about 742% behind this lol. Again I just don't know if people aren't triggered by the word choke right now. If the idea wins out I'm definitely getting an avi

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Lol it's been a month since our last post. I think "we didn't even try" ought to be our theme now. Between COVID in FL, our hockey team and us as fans thinking of an avatar it sure tells the story

We might be able to have some fun with it

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
"We don't need covid to choke."
"#1 in the world" *picture with coronavirus particle in it*

Lots of new material everybody.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
"We don't need covid to choke."
"#1 in the world" *picture with coronavirus particle in it*

Lots of new material everybody.
Nah. People are really dying or having life altering consequences as a result of COVID. Lung and heart damage, strokes, heart attacks, etc.

George Floyd was also choked, although the media doesn't cover the protests as much now.

Reactions: Hoek

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Could just photoshop (insert favorite players face) onto this and call it a day. Maybe cut to 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs logo or Lighting bolt.

iu

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Here's my lame ass attempt I whipped together in a couple minutes

xGwwtJ0.gif

Maybe you can think of something funnier to do with it. I was just thinking we could grab pics of the various players' appearances on the show (or shirtless pics, whatever makes us look like lazy guys that were partying during the break and ready to choke in the playoffs, lol).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad