2019-2020 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Or he's still young and partied in the offseason. I can't judge, I've done worse than moon a security guard. He made a harmless mistake that's being overblown IMO. If the security officer suffers from PTSD from being a veteran, why the hell did she apply for a security job? I hardly see how that bad decision is Matthews' fault.
I agree 100% but imo the issue (and I think the team's issue) is that he had this charge pending and he didn't disclose it to his employer.

Also, in the big debate about their next captain, he was expected to be it, but the guy seems like an immature partying 21 year old, hard to give him that designation now.

Reactions: I am not exposed

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Or he's still young and partied in the offseason. I can't judge, I've done worse than moon a security guard. He made a harmless mistake that's being overblown IMO. If the security officer suffers from PTSD from being a veteran, why the hell did she apply for a security job? I hardly see how that bad decision is Matthews' fault.
The mooning is stupid but mostly harmless, the three drunk guys trying to force their way into another person's car at 2 a.m. is not. It doesn't matter if she's a woman, a security guard or has a PTSD - you don't try to get into another person's car, especially in a group, drunk and at night.
All he had to do was apologize sincerely and this would have most likely gone away. Failing that, he should have told the Leafs and they could have minimised the PR damage. He won't face any serious legal consequences (a fine or participating in some program at most), so if he has to cope with some bad press for a while, no sympathy from me.

Last edited:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I’m glad the media is blasting him. Nice taste of medicine to grow up and learn to treat people better. This is why it’s so nice to have a Barkov and we only have to worry about him getting a speeding ticket

Wasn't Barkov speeding in Europe? So who cares here what happen in Finnland.

In America something happen the whole North America put you up the News. Special when you earn real big Money and been known in Public.

Seguin was on a Boat trip with 26 Girls Media wrote one Week about it.
They must tell the young one, once you earn the big Money you get real Attention.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
The mooning is stupid but mostly harmless, the three drunk guys trying to force their way into another person's car at 2 a.m. is not. It doesn't matter if she's a woman, a security guard or has a PTSD - you don't try to get into another person's car, especially in a group, drunk and at night.
All he had to do was apologize sincerely and this would have most likely gone away. Failing that, he should have told the Leafs and they could have minimised the PR damage. He won't face any serious legal consequences (a fine or participating in some program at most), so if he has to cope with some bad press for a while, no sympathy from me.
Also what Matthews did was stupid, but his friends are even dumber since none of them thought "hey Auston, you're a superstar NHL player, you shouldn't do this" and convince him to walk away. That's what friends do when someone is too drunk and is about to do something stupid. Unless they were all ****faced drunk.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Also what Matthews did was stupid, but his friends are even dumber since none of them thought "hey Auston, you're a superstar NHL player, you shouldn't do this" and convince him to walk away. That's what friends do when someone is too drunk and is about to do something stupid. Unless they were all ****faced drunk.

They actually did warn him the several times that he did this earlier in the night but he said he doesn't give a shit. So yeah... It's not his friends... It's him.

And I agree completely that mooning somebody isn't a big deal, but trying to break into multiple people's cars that late at night and then hiding it after the fact just shows lack of judgement. Not only because anyone would be freaked out by three big dudes trying to come into your car at 2am.... It's Arizona, he's lucky he didn't get shot.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
They actually did warn him the several times that he did this earlier in the night but he said he doesn't give a ****. So yeah... It's not his friends... It's him.

And I agree completely that mooning somebody isn't a big deal, but trying to break into multiple people's cars that late at night and then hiding it after the fact just shows lack of judgement. Not only because anyone would be freaked out by three big dudes trying to come into your car at 2am.... It's Arizona, he's lucky he didn't get shot.
That seems to be the deal. I’m sooooo glad he didn’t try forcing himself in the car, maybe she did have a weapon and maybe she would have used it. It would have been her right, it would have been Auston’s fault, and for what? I hope someone is sitting him down in Toronto and telling him Don’t. Ever. Do. This. Again. Or. Else. (You f’n idiot.)

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
They actually did warn him the several times that he did this earlier in the night but he said he doesn't give a ****. So yeah... It's not his friends... It's him.

Regardless if she's a security guard or not, she's a woman sitting in a vehicle at night with a group of 20 something males attempting to get into her locked vehicle. Lucky whoever tried the door(s) didn't get locked up for attempted burglary or as Pantherbot stated, got shot.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Yeah true, I can't argue with you there. I could see how that would be extremely frightening for anyone in that situation. Hell if that happened in Miami that security guard would have most likely shot Matthews dead... :help:

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
What the f*** did they do with the NHL mobile app again? I personally like to watch the recaps in the morning without knowing the final score beforehand. This seems impossible right know.

Last year you were able to hide the scores, one-click into the game you wanted to see and go on the condensed recap video.

Now you go to the gamecenter where you can't watch a recap or have to go through NHL network where they show the score everywhere?

Anybody have the same experience or hopefully a solution?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Go Cats, can't wait for tonight!!

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I watched Gusev against the Flyers and he was invisible. I'm really glad we didn't get this guy, he'd get eaten alive on our board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad