Blue Jay Way..

Florida's masterton nominee this year is Cookie

Other notable nominees, ex Panthers:

James Reimer Carolina Hurricanes

Zach Hyman Toronto Maple Leafs

Jay bouwmeester st. Louis Blues

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
They apparently fired Randy Sexton too. Didn’t realize he was still in the league.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Yeah that stuff doesn't fly in hockey, in the big leagues all the way down to Junior's.

There is people above coaches for a reason, and they will let you know. Coaches are always replaceable.

I don't know man. He's the coach, why shouldn't he have autonomy over who he puts on the ice? He's the guy who decides the system and knows best what type of players he needs. Like why are you getting a coach that runs a certain type of system and then tell him (as a GM for example) what type of players to ice? Doesn't make much sense to me. I'd be surprised if Q takes orders from anyone.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I don't know man. He's the coach, why shouldn't he have autonomy over who he puts on the ice? He's the guy who decides the system and knows best what type of players he needs. Like why are you getting a coach that runs a certain type of system and then tell him (as a GM for example) what type of players to ice? Doesn't make much sense to me. I'd be surprised if Q takes orders from anyone.

Oh I agree, but I don't think it's that way for every team. In good relationships, like I would think DT and Q, there wouldn't be that pressure from the top. But I think, and I know in junior clubs, there is Major pressure.

Reactions: Kellyr

RealHumanBean

Mar 23, 2018

First player to back out? Wonder who'll opt out in florida. Stråls is definitely a possibility based on his comments some time ago.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Quenneville himself takes orders from his own stache so I see your point

Reactions: Cold Cat and Kellyr

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It sounds Gallant's problem is more with people giving him input. Giving advice and trying to tell the coach how to do his job are two different things.

I'm sure we have analytics people that look into things and give the information to coach Q or one of his assistants, but it's up to Q how to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->