2019-2020 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I think the Sharks last year were the only team statistically worse than we were when it came to goaltending. So yeah, we definitely have some similarities haha. A part of me would be happy if the Sharks now won the Stanley Cup with Boughner considering the amount of **** he got by some Panthers fans. However, I can't see the Sharks winning the cup with Jones as their starter, unless he goes on a crazy hot run. Weirder things have happened I suppose!

How should a Coach win a Stanley Cup when you have no clear system you are playing. He is shit and was shit, in his 2 Years there where none System, he switched the Lines around, thinking that is the best way to get your player going. Btw when McFarland doesnt made this PP, his Coaching Carrer would be looking more worse then it is.
We had last 10 Years a lot of Coaches, but Boughner was in a rank like Hougherchuck chip&chase play with Energy, that is no System that plays any team in the League.

Would be interisting to hear afterwards. How his big plan Tallon and Owner was so impressed looked like. And he didnt do anything in the Offseason, he always denied it. But Coach GG worked in his 2nd(PO Year) in the Offseason and we had an awesome Season. That 2 different things.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Line brawl and goalie fight last night between Calgary and Edmonton! What is this, 1997?

What is this. I think its called rivaly, boiled up with the Kassian Tkachuck story, now its a Line Brawl. So what or why not, sports called Hockey. Or you wanna see NBCSN soccer Hockey?

Exictment and energy is what our Team missed yesterday, maybe Panthers should be fight a bit and show emotion. emotion is a momentum swinger, but hey we arent into checking at all.

Reactions: harv33173

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Interesting article from The Athletic polling agents. One of the questions asked which teams show up the most on no trade lists. Winnipeg and Ottawa run away with the top spots obviously.

But Florida got a mention from one agent with “Florida because of how they treat their players.” Wonder who that was and what he means by that. 19 agents were polled and Florida only came up once, but I wonder what the team rep is among agents and players.

Tallon also received a vote for unreasonable GM to deal with and no votes as a reasonable GM. Not huge, but does mean he's not the most well liked.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Interesting article from The Athletic polling agents. One of the questions asked which teams show up the most on no trade lists. Winnipeg and Ottawa run away with the top spots obviously.

But Florida got a mention from one agent with “Florida because of how they treat their players.” Wonder who that was and what he means by that. 19 agents were polled and Florida only came up once, but I wonder what the team rep is among agents and players.

Tallon also received a vote for unreasonable GM to deal with and no votes as a reasonable GM. Not huge, but does mean he's not the most well liked.

To me, it sounds like an outlier. Probably just someone had a bad experience, and their voice is now heard.

Reactions: klabob

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It's not an overreaction, people are dying. Hospitals are so saturated in Milan they have to choose between who to save and who to let die. Shit is going to hit the fan in US sooner or later, probably in the next two weeks.
I don’t want to get into an argument, but there is a lot of data that isn’t like what you’re indicating. It seems to be very disproportionately fatal to old people with underlying health conditions. Look up South Korea, do you think those results are lies? Still, I don’t know enough to say more than ask questions.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I don’t want to get into an argument, but there is a lot of data that isn’t like what you’re indicating. It seems to be very disproportionately fatal to old people with underlying health conditions. Look up South Korea, do you think those results are lies? Still, I don’t know enough to say more than ask questions.

Watch the Joe Rogan video with Michael Osterholm. He said yesterday that there are an alarming amount of people in their 40s who are seriously sick in Milan and it's not just an old people.

Now of course if you have underlying health conditions it's much worse. But either way I don't think it's overblown when we have a pandemic officially declared by the WHO.

Check the video what life is like atm in Italy.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Watch the Joe Rogan video with Michael Osterholm. He said yesterday that there are an alarming amount of people in their 40s who are seriously sick in Milan and it's not just an old people.

Now of course if you have underlying health conditions it's much worse. But either way I don't think it's overblown when we have a pandemic officially declared by the WHO.

Check the video what life is like atm in Italy.

I have friends in that part of Italy and they don’t paint as bleak a picture. Quality of medical care varies widely.

But like I said, I don’t know the facts.... but I don’t trust every report spewed by the media. I would really recommend that you be selective too.

I don’t see a reason for panic. I see a reason for precaution. By saying this, I’m not implying that the NHL season shouldn’t be cancelled. I trust that they’ll do the right thing.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I have friends in that part of Italy and they don’t paint as bleak a picture. Quality of medical care varies widely.

But like I said, I don’t know the facts.... but I don’t trust every report spewed by the media. I would really recommend that you be selective too.

I don’t see a reason for panic. I see a reason for precaution. By saying this, I’m not implying that the NHL season shouldn’t be cancelled. I trust that they’ll do the right thing.

Main stream media is full of shit. But this was boots on the ground and we've never seen precautions like this taken before.

Panic? No unless you are in a risk group or someone close to you is. Most of us will get it and just be sick.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Not really news, but I thought this was a good watch. I would’ve liked them to talk about his alcoholism though.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Not really news, but I thought this was a good watch. I would’ve liked them to talk about his alcoholism though.

This is old though, it's dishonest they're trying to make it seem like a new production lol, his mom passed away almost 5 years ago now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad