OT: 2019-2020 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Surprise, surprise! Cole Caufield scores the first (non-official) goal for the badgers this season.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
826D1071-58A1-4F9C-B5A5-4FD99C0B5709.jpeg

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Motzko. Looks like Garth Brooks lol.

My brother in law played for him in college. Says he was a p---k. Lol

Can't believe gophers struggle fill Marriucci. Sad

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Any gopher fans make it out to the Mount Royal game? How did the gophers look? I know they tied, but I know virtually nothing about Mount Royal, if they are good, etc. Lot of freshmen getting their feet wet.

StanleyCup55

Feb 21, 2019
Minnesota
Here is my prediction for the top 20 this year and a few honorable mentions. This is how I believe the rankings will look at the end of the regular season.

1 Minnesota State
2 Denver
3 UMD
4 Providence
5 Penn State
6 Cornell
7 Ohio State
8 Boston College
9 Notre Dame
10 Clarkson
11 Western Michigan
12 North Dakota
13 UMass
14 Bowling Green
15 Arizona State
16 UMass-Lowell
17 St. Cloud State
18 Minnesota
19 Harvard
20 Wisconsin

UConn, UNH, BU, Northern Michigan

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
BC vs. Wisconsin should tell us something about how that Badger class will do at this level (should be a tournament team at least) - lots of other good non-conference action this week. Good way to get the season in swing.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
BC vs. Wisconsin should tell us something about how that Badger class will do at this level (should be a tournament team at least) - lots of other good non-conference action this week. Good way to get the season in swing.

Will be able to see three Wild prospects against the badgers tonight.

What's crazy is the most exciting player for me, personally, isn't Turcotte or Caufield. It's Holloway, and him playing on the second line behind those two could be YUGE.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Wisconsin has talent...still too young to be a tourney team IMO.
10 upperclassmen (11 w/ 3rd string goalie), 9 sophomores, and 7 freshmen.

I see no reason why age should be a reason for this team not making the tournament. A lot of the freshmen got to play against college players last year. The rest have at least a year under their belt.

Wisconsin only graduates a 4th line forward, a backup goaltender, and a third string goaltender. Could be a string of some good years if the high end players are not one-and-done players.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Did Vorlicky make the team, or is he in the USHL?
He’s on the team. Probably third pairing if he plays. Was described as a smart player that needs to adjust to the college game by Osiecki. Lord knows this team could use defensive stability.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota

I see no reason why age should be a reason for this team not making the tournament. A lot of the freshmen got to play against college players last year. The rest have at least a year under their belt.

Wisconsin only graduates a 4th line forward, a backup goaltender, and a third string goaltender. Could be a string of some good years if the high end players are not one-and-done players.

Broadcast just said the both BC and Wisco are the 2nd/4th youngest teams in the country.

FWIW

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003

16 sophomores and freshmen is a young team. It's been my experience a lot of sophomores plateau especially if they have a new role/expectations on their play. Like i said...talent yes...but it is how they adjust that will likely determine how they do. I think they are a year away.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The PBP is awful. They talk about everything but the game. Would be nice to know which player is doing what. Boldy did look good. Saw Warren, also.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gophers aren't great, but they are way less frustrating to watch compared to last year. Less mistakes.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
UND got a little revenge from when they were swept by Canisius out in their barn last year to open the season winning in dominant fashion 5-0. Outshot the Griffins 40-13 in doing so. This freshman kid in Pinto could very well be ROY in the NCHC. 6'2" 200 pound freshman who isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas. Defense was stout and Sheel in net looked calm as he did have a couple point blake shots from the slot. Need to finish them tonight. Attendance was around 9000, so not bad with a full blown blizzard happening outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad