Line Combos: 2019/2020 Lineup

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
The Sens have the worst roster in the league. Top prospects earning a spot should be relatively easy.
I know that these guys are the cornerstones of our rebuild, but it should not be very difficult to pass Boro, Ceci, Smith on the depth chart.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Brown, Batherson and Brannstrom should all prove by the end of training camp that they are ready to take on the responsibilities that comes with being NHL players who are counted on to play important minutes.

If not, send them down before the season even starts. The way the ownership has decided to build this team depends almost entirely on our prospects reaching their celing in development. We can't afford to have any of them be put in positions to fail, and have their development stunted by confidence issues and 4th line minutes.

If they can't hack it by the end of September, keep them in the AHL until they can.

Agree totally. Do I trust this org to do that at this point .. Absolutely not.

Reactions: Icelevel

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To Start the 2019 - 20 Season:
Duclair - Tierny - Ryan
Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Smith - Pageau - Boedker
Formenton - Paul - Rodewald

Chabot - DeMello
Wolanin - Ceci
Boro - Jaros/Harpur

Anderson - Hogberg/Condon
- Paul & Rodewald have paid their dues, Formenton has almost made the team when it was better & Batherson & Wolanin should be a no brainer to make the team. Hogberg replaces Nilsson. On the other hand, I think that Pageau, DeMello, Anderson & Boro do have value & could be moved by the deadline. Macs contract will also be over at the end of this coming season. Ceci could be moved at the draft or they could re-sign him for a long term deal.

After the Trade Deadline:
Duclair - Tierny - Ryan
Formenton - Brown - Leason (2019 draft)
Paul - Chlapik - Rodewald/Smith

Chabot - Ceci
Wolanin - Jaros
Harpur - Seider (2019 draft)/Brannstrom

Hogberg - Condon (Anderson???)
- IMO I think Boro, DeMello, Pageau & possibly Anderson could get traded by the deadline, I doubt they will be able to find someone to take Boedker or Condon but you never know. Next yr I assume that they will try & move Smith, Tierny & Duclair at least & Smith, Phaneuf & Gaborik's contracts will also be over after the 2020-21 season. Both Leason & Seider have NHL size & should not have a problem with the physical play of the NHL & hopefully they have had a good enough yr to be called up after the deadline from Belleville to get some NHL experience. If Ceci is traded than that should open up the door for Brannstrom to make the team & I would move Wolanin to play with Chabot to finish the yr.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
To Start the 2019 - 20 Season:
Duclair - Tierny - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Boedker
Formenton - Paul - Rodewald

Chabot - DeMello
Wolanin - Ceci
Boro - Jaros/Harpur

Anderson - Hogberg/Condon
- Paul & Rodewald have paid their dues, Formenton has almost made the team when it was better & Batherson & Wolanin should be a no brainer to make the team. Hogberg replaces Nilsson. On the other hand, I think that Pageau, DeMello, Anderson & Boro do have value & could be moved by the deadline. Macs contract will also be over at the end of this coming season. Ceci could be moved at the draft or they could re-sign him for a long term deal.

After the Trade Deadline:
Duclair - Tierny - Ryan
Formenton - Brown - Leason (2019 draft)
Paul - Chlapik - Rodewald/Smith

Chabot - Ceci
Wolanin - Jaros
Harpur - Seider (2019 draft)/Brannstrom

Hogberg - Condon (Anderson???)
- IMO I think Boro, DeMello, Pageau & possibly Anderson could get traded by the deadline, I doubt they will be able to find someone to take Boedker or Condon but you never know. Next yr I assume that they will try & move Smith, Tierny & Duclair at least & Smith, Phaneuf & Gaborik's contracts will also be over after the 2020-21 season. Both Leason & Seider have NHL size & should not have a problem with the physical play of the NHL & hopefully they have had a good enough yr to be called up after the deadline from Belleville to get some NHL experience. If Ceci is traded than that should open up the door for Brannstrom to make the team & I would move Wolanin to play with Chabot to finish the yr.

I think that is close but a little passive on Brown and Brannstrom. If Brown outplays Rodewald/Paul, Formenton in training camp I can't see him going down. He outplayed Batherson down the stretch and this will be his D+4 season. An injury or two may save them all.

Reactions: aragorn

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Uh-oh, usually an article like this from Garrioch is used to serve as a distraction to something else currently in the works. It is Friday, and it has been a week or so since there has been any bad news.

Stay tuned...
Lol it was literally based off a scrum with Trent Mann who is here for scouting meetings. Chill dude.

Reactions: aragorn

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Lol it was literally based off a scrum with Trent Mann who is here for scouting meetings. Chill dude.
I am pretty chilled buddy, its Friday, got a golf game schedule for tomorrow. Life is good..

I stand by what I said, maybe this is a convenient distraction....(I am still pretty chill FYI)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think that is close but a little passive on Brown and Brannstrom. If Brown outplays Rodewald/Paul, Formenton in training camp I can't see him going down. He outplayed Batherson down the stretch and this will be his D+4 season. An injury or two may save them all.

You may be right but I think it could come down to age in that Rodewald & Paul I believe would have to go through waivers to go back down to the AHL whereas Brown is waiver exempt. And the same I think applies for Wolanin having to go through waivers & Brannstrom being waiver exempt. Of course, at that time of yr after training camp a lot of teams are sending guys down through waivers but there is always a chance of losing a good player, if they have to go through waivers to be returned to the AHL. And then there is the matter of contracts & who is signed for next season, while I can't stand Boedker & think he should be in the AHL he will most likely be in Ottawa simply because this team can't afford to pay his contract in the minors IMO.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Friedman 31 thoughts,

Player to watch at the world championships: Sweden’s Joakim Nygard. The 26-year-old left-shot winger still intends to play in the NHL next season. He’s going to select three-to-five contenders to narrow his choices, before picking the right fit. Calgary and Ottawa were among the expected short list.

I wonder why a player from Sweden would put Ottawa and Calgary on his short list when he could consider other places with better climate, lower taxes, etc.?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I wonder why a player from Sweden would put Ottawa and Calgary on his short list when he could consider other places with better climate, lower taxes, etc.?

That's fair.... I wonder what the market is like for the 31st team in the league 5th line players ?

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
Better chance of being able to play right away on a higher line. Opportunity is all the Sens can offer.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Uh-oh, usually an article like this from Garrioch is used to serve as a distraction to something else currently in the works. It is Friday, and it has been a week or so since there has been any bad news.

Stay tuned...

They will likely announce a new HC soon.

You just know they are going to hire the worst candidate. Hell, even they know it! They told BG to write fluff piece because they know the enfranchised fans are going to be livid.

Reactions: BatherSeason

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Better chance of being able to play right away on a higher line. Opportunity is all the Sens can offer.

It seems that you are suggesting the Senators may be offering him a one-way NHL contract versus other teams offering two-way. That could be it.

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
It seems that you are suggesting the Senators may be offering him a one-way NHL contract versus other teams offering two-way. That could be it.
Yes, and a role on 2nd or 3rd line instead of lower for more competitive team.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I love our kids,but there is now way this team makes it anywhere except for another bottom 5 finish

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Give White a bridge contract, whatever that will be worth. Sign Spezza to a 2 year deal worth 2 or 3 mil per. Give Duclair a 1 year show me deal. Same with Nick Paul. Trade Tierney and Harpur at the draft. Tierney is lazy, a liability defensively and soft. Harpur is not an NHL calibre defenceman. Boro isn’t going anywhere and Lajoie should be in the lineup over Harpur.

Tkachuk - Spezza - Ryan
Duclair - White - Boedker
Smith - Pageau - Balcers
Paul - Brown - Batherson
Veronneau

Chabot - Jaros
Wolanin - Ceci
Lajoie - DeMelo
Borowiecki

Anderson
Condon

That lineup, with those goalies in particular, is a lottery team, which should be exactly what we want. I think with the addition of Spezza, while far past his prime, could stop gap as our #1 centre and serve as a player coach for our young crop of forwards coming up.

That defence will also help us land a hopefully high draft pick in 2020. I’d only sign Ceci to a 1 year deal as I think with a good, mobile partner he can be a serviceable top 4 d. I’m not as high on DeMelo as some of you, and I think that Jaros is ready to make the next step to being a top 4 guy. Hopefully with this draft, we can luck out and get Seider at #19. If not, I like Korczak with one of our 2nd round picks to eventually play with Chabot or Brannstrom in the top 4. Of

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I see a lt of you guys not putting Lajoie in your lineups, is he really behind Boro / Harpur ?

It's more likely that Lajoie is waiver exempt while Boro & Harpur if demoted to Belleville would need to go through waivers. I expect that Boro & DeMello might get moved by the trade deadline to make some room on D but Brannstrom is the new toy everyone seems excited about that also plays the left side & could be ahead of Lajoie. Someone might have to move to the right side or get traded but the right side could also get full soon especially if they draft Seider RD at this yr's draft. At the moment Lajoie is a great depth player & because of the logjam on the left side may need to be moved to get back into the NHL, I guess time will tell. If Boro is moved IMO they will need Harpur's toughness on D if someone needs to drop the gloves & Harpur has shown he is pretty good at that too with his size & reach & Tkachuk is Ottawas toughest forward who they need to keep on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad