Line Combos: 2019/2020 Lineup

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
No sense worrying about the goaltending now. We have next year to assess as it is another tank year.
I don’t think next year will be considered a tank year. Totally depends on who we draft and other but I’m guessing the year will be completely different mentality wise

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I don’t think next year will be considered a tank year. Totally depends on who we draft and other but I’m guessing the year will be completely different mentality wise

Two scenarios:

We pick top 2 and end up with Laf or Byf, we re-sign some of our key players like DeMelo and Pageau. We will be much better next season automatically, especially if a guy like Batherson has a good camp and makes the team.

Or

We do not draft top 2-3 and the player we select is not ready next season, we lose Pageau and other pending UFA's. We probably end up icing a team similar in talent to this year, it ends up being a tank season.

Basically Dorion needs to pull out his magic 8 ball and figure out what moves need to be made before the deadline, and basically work under the impression that we do not draft high this summer.

Reactions: topshelf15

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Two scenarios:

We pick top 2 and end up with Laf or Byf, we re-sign some of our key players like DeMelo and Pageau. We will be much better next season automatically, especially if a guy like Batherson has a good camp and makes the team.

Or

We do not draft top 2-3 and the player we select is not ready next season, we lose Pageau and other pending UFA's. We probably end up icing a team similar in talent to this year, it ends up being a tank season.

Basically Dorion needs to pull out his magic 8 ball and figure out what moves need to be made before the deadline, and basically work under the impression that we do not draft high this summer.

I kind of think that we'll see 30+ games each of Balcers and Batherson this season and 2 rookies up front play 40+ games next season and those players will collectively be an upgrade on the guys they replace. Pageau is a wild card though. I agree with trading him but he'll leave a hole

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I kind of think that we'll see 30+ games each of Balcers and Batherson this season and 2 rookies up front play 40+ games next season and those players will collectively be an upgrade on the guys they replace. Pageau is a wild card though. I agree with trading him but he'll leave a hole
I'd trade Pageau regardless of the hole he leaves, since we get some assets back and we can still try to sign him in the off-season, or sign another similar free agent. That's the difference with a guy like Stone who isn't easily replaced.

And even if we can't re-sign him or another FA (likely given how attractive our team seems to be to FAs), we have enough C depth, assuming Tierney isn't traded (likely since I don't think we can get enough value for him, and there's no real hurry to trade him):

Brown - Tierney - White - Chlapik - Norris. (Paul can play C too)

And that's not counting whoever we draft.

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I'd trade Pageau regardless of the hole he leaves, since we get some assets back and we can still try to sign him in the off-season, or sign another similar free agent. That's the difference with a guy like Stone who isn't easily replaced.

And even if we can't re-sign him or another FA (likely given how attractive our team seems to be to FAs), we have enough C depth, assuming Tierney isn't traded (likely since I don't think we can get enough value for him, and there's no real hurry to trade him):

Brown - Tierney - White - Chlapik - Norris. (Paul can play C too)

And that's not counting whoever we draft.
Chuck Norris. We would never lose a game.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Tine to call up Balcers and see what he can do. Send Davidsson back to Belleville.

Tkachuk - Pageau - Duclair
Balcers - L.Brown - C. Brown
Paul - Tierney - C. White
Namestnikov - Anisimov - Ennis

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Tine to call up Balcers and see what he can do. Send Davidsson back to Belleville.

Tkachuk - Pageau - Duclair
Balcers - L.Brown - C. Brown
Paul - Tierney - C. White
Namestnikov - Anisimov - Ennis
Ya I'd be quick to call up Balcers. He already showed last year that he can play at the NHL level. Im curious to see if he can build on that from last year.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Ya I'd be quick to call up Balcers. He already showed last year that he can play at the NHL level. Im curious to see if he can build on that from last year.

I believe he's one of the best offensive players on this team. He's very smart and makes good passes, very good puck management he rarely gives the puck away, and reliable defensively. He has a good shot as well. For a guy his size he's solid on his skates. He'd be an asset on this team and could nicely round out the LW.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Feel bad for Colin White. He is really struggling. Looks like another demotion

Woof... that D is all sorts of bad...

White gets demoted, but in a twist of fate, imo he's better off with L.Brown and Boedker than Anisimov and Ennis so it might actually work out for them, though I would have preferred to see Davidsson stay up and Boedker to remain scratched...

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Woof... that D is all sorts of bad...

White gets demoted, but in a twist of fate, imo he's better off with L.Brown and Boedker than Anisimov and Ennis so it might actually work out for them, though I would have preferred to see Davidsson stay up and Boedker to remain scratched...
I’ve seen worse. Detroit.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I’ve seen worse. Detroit.
Chabot does a lot but I don't think we've had a D that bad since the very early days of the team.

Chabot is the only guy there that should be slotted any higher than 6th or maybe 5th on a team's depth chart.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Im going to watch Goloubef closely tomorrow. He seems to be in the mold of DeMelo, pretty steady and not a lot of bad things happen while he's on the ice.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Nice D

Demelo, Zaitsev, Hainsey out

When Sabourin is ready do they take Beaudin, White or Brown out?

Pretty impressive; Goloubef went from being a healthy scratch the 13 games of the year, followed by some spot duty here and there to now playing on the top pair...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad