Line Combos: 2019/2020 Lineup

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Unless he gets more consistent down there and really starts dominating, I’d think he gets called up after the deadline.

I think Batherson could be called up sooner, perhaps before Christmas, and quite likely before the TDL after trades of UFA vets take place.

Reactions: Sweatred

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Decent. I like his overall game but often he looks overwhelmed out there. He's got a good transition game but not a lot of offence from the blue line in. It must be a very very deep keeper league if you have a player like Brannstrom.

14 GMs, 18 skaters plus a goalie per team and we run a 6 round entry draft every summer. I picked Brannstrom up in our 2017 entry draft and have had him stashed as a prospect. We have a rule where we can stash prospects until they have played their 82 NHL game. They must be dropped or called up for the start of the next season after playing game 82. Even if he plays every game the rest of the way out he will max out at 81 games so his recent injury bought me an extra year of protection for him and more time to decide if he can eventually hold a roster spot in our league

Thanks for the input though.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think Batherson could be called up sooner, perhaps before Christmas, and quite likely before the TDL after trades of UFA vets take place.

The Sens are moving vets one by one and we haven’t started trades yet. I think there is a good chance we see him before or just after Xmas too.

There is zero doubt in my mind that the seams have a plan to get him up. It may come sooner if an injury occurs. If not they will force it anyway -

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Tkachuk - Brown - Duclair
Paul - Pageau - Brown
Namestnikov - White - Batherson
Chlapik - Tierney - Balcers

That looks quite good

Reactions: DrEasy

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Still would like to see Paul and L. Brown reunited. Tkachuk with Pageau and C.Brown could be good too, but I would even go as far as putting C. Brown with Paul and the young Brown and have a threesome of Tkachuk-Pageau- Duclair as a new #1 line.

Long story short:
Switch L.Brown with Pageau...

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Still would like to see Paul and L. Brown reunited. Tkachuk with Pageau and C.Brown could be good too, but I would even go as far as putting C. Brown with Paul and the young Brown and have a threesome of Tkachuk-Pageau- Duclair as a new #1 line.

Long story short:
Switch L.Brown with Pageau...

That would put your top two offensive wingers with your #1 defensive matchup C who isn't a great setup type player…. And two guys that can't finish with your best puck distributing C (Brown)….

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
2020 and some people using advancing stats still don't seem to understand their context

So what you're saying is that we're just as good without Stone, Duchene and Dzingel?

Yeah but imagine how infinitely better we'd be very soon with just just Stone, EK and Zibanejad!

Tkachuk-Zibanejad-Stone
Duclair-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-White-Abramov/Crookshank/Gruden
Paul-Pageau-Brown
Davdisson/Veronneau/Pinto/Novak/Kastelic/etc

Chabot-Karlsson
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Alsing-Jaros
Lajoie/Thomson

Already 3 years in the basement with all the talent that was on the team and in the pool, it's insane.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
That would put your top two offensive wingers with your #1 defensive matchup C who isn't a great setup type player…. And two guys that can't finish with your best puck distributing C (Brown)….

You make it sound like the Tkachuk-Brown-Duclair line has been tearing it up offensively. They have not. You also make it sound like the Paul-Pageau-Brown line has been bad offensively, they have been the opposite. I respect your points on a superficial level, but Pageau is on another level offensively maybe he needs better finishers, whereas Logan is a much better playmaker so he would be able to bring more out of Paul and C. Brown.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I still like Zaitsev way more than ceci

For some reason after reading this post, I decided to see how Ceci's fancy stats table looked... I still wonder how he would have done under DJ Smith.
ceci1.PNG
ceci2.PNG

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ottawa needs to get rid of Boedker, Anisimov, Namestikov, Hainsey, Ennis, Zaitsev, Anderson & Tierny asap. And then a few more if they can get a decent return from them. My guess is that it is going to be very difficult for PD to move a number of these guys, not sure anyone wants them.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad