Line Combos: 2019/2020 Lineup

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Keyword is “young”. No rush
Keeping our young players happy increases the odds of them staying long term.

Alienating them by limiting their earnings ensures they leave at the earliest possible opportunity.

Last edited:

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
Friedman 31 thoughts,

Player to watch at the world championships: Sweden’s Joakim Nygard. The 26-year-old left-shot winger still intends to play in the NHL next season. He’s going to select three-to-five contenders to narrow his choices, before picking the right fit. Calgary and Ottawa were among the expected short list.

Reactions: NB613

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Keeping our young players happy increases the odds of them staying long term.

Alienating them by limiting their earnings ensures they leave at the earliest possible opportunity.
Alienating them by rushing them isn’t a good idea either. See Lazar, Curtis.

Guys like Chlapik and Paul can graduate as they are middling prospects ready for the NHL. I just don’t see why the prospects have to be rushed this upcoming season. Let them dominate together, make the playoffs, even. Play meaningful games in April and May

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Alienating them by rushing them isn’t a good idea either. See Lazar, Curtis.

Guys like Chlapik and Paul can graduate as they are middling prospects ready for the NHL. I just don’t see why the prospects have to be rushed this upcoming season. Let them dominate together, make the playoffs, even. Play meaningful games in April and May
As a fan I see your logic.

As a player, you are being deprived of millions of dollars.

It's not like we are the Wings with cup calibre teams that are difficult to grab a roster spot. We will be the weakest roster in decades. Great way to piss off a new generation of Sens.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
As a fan I see your logic.

As a player, you are being deprived of millions of dollars.

It's not like we are the Wings with cup calibre teams that are difficult to grab a roster spot. We will be the weakest roster in decades. Great way to piss off a new generation of Sens.

Right, the weakest roster since 1995-1996. And nothing will change that other than filling out the rosters with prospects that will deliver. The team has to make every effort to put in at the right time , for the sake of the rebuild. Ottawa fans understand where this team is, and where it is going. And rebuilds are not a guarantee for success.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Right, the weakest roster since 1995-1996. And nothing will change that other than filling out the rosters with prospects that will deliver. The team has to make every effort to put in at the right time , for the sake of the rebuild. Ottawa fans understand where this team is, and where it is going. And rebuilds are not a guarantee for success.
You are looking at this as a fan or from the organization's POV.

How would you view it if you were a talented young hockey player (who is easily capable of making a garbage roster), but is deprived of millions of dollars by the team's refusal to give you a spot you deserve?

Do you think Brannstrom is going to be happy to get screwed over by the Sens?

Reactions: Cosmix

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
i think we're far too out to be drawing up rosters for next season - but i'll put together what I think our depth chart looks like currently and you can make your lineup out of that.

Some notes:
  • Incredibly weak on the right side. Probably will see 1 or 2 of the wingers (Paul/Paajarvi) moved to the right side - along with potentially Smith or Boedker and their anchor contracts. For the sake of Verronneau and Abramov who I think both need some significant minutes in Belleville (Formenton too, kid needs to work on his offensive side of the game)
  • Defense sucks on the right side. I actually really like the left side which atleast gives me hope for the team this year. Each pairing could have a solid puck-mover. However, I enjoy the idea of Brannstrom playing on his offside with Chabot - that's probably two years away from being a thing though.
  • I excluded Nilsson because I'm confident he will be gone in FA to a team willing to pay him more money. That's alright though, Hogberg has earned the opportunity to be the backup if anything.
  • Trade Tierney. Seriously, f***ing trade Chris Tierney already. You have a logjam at centre and NEED to make room for Chlapik/Brown this season.
  • I'd have Norris far above Lindberg/Smith but between coming back from a tough injury and Smith's cancer contract & Lindberg I think is the most likely of the UFA's to be re-signed given his ability to stabilize the 4th line as a defensively responsible centre.
  • I didn't include Brian Gibbons - if the team has any sense of a guy overperforming on a limited sample size and getting ridiculous amount of opportunity from the horseshoe stuck up his ass as soon as he put on a Sens jersey we really shouldn't even be considered the possibility of a return by him.
  • I included Duclair - I think it's more likely than not he's back on a 2-year deal.
  • I have this terrible feeling I'm missing someone relatively important but I can't remember who so call me out on my b.s lads

LWCRWLDRDG
TkachukWhiteRyanChabotDeMeloAnderson
DuclairJGPBathersonBrannstromCeciHogberg
BalcersBrownVerronneauWolaninJarosGustavsson
FormentonTierneyAbramovBorowieckiD'Accord
PaulChlapikLajoie
PaajarviLindbergHarpur
BoedkerSmithEnglund
Norris
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
You are looking at this as a fan or from the organization's POV.

How would you view it if you were a talented young hockey player (who is easily capable of making a garbage roster), but is deprived of millions of dollars by the team's refusal to give you a spot you deserve?

Do you think Brannstrom is going to be happy to get screwed over by the Sens?
I am a fan. A paying fan. I go to watch the games and that is where my focus always lies. All the other stuff, I will let others do the heavy lifting. I care mostly about what goes on , on the ice. If a player is upset, well, be better and earn your spot. Competition is a good thing.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I am a fan. A paying fan. I go to watch the games and that is where my focus always lies. All the other stuff, I will let others do the heavy lifting. I care mostly about what goes on , on the ice. If a player is upset, well, be better and earn your spot. Competition is a good thing.

Your stance appears to be that regardless of how well they compete for a spot, you want to see them sent to the AHL.

Can you explain the apparent contradiction?

I don't want to misrepresent what you are saying.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Your stance appears to be that regardless of how well they compete for a spot, you want to see them sent to the AHL.

Can you explain the apparent contradiction?

I don't want to misrepresent what you are saying.
There is no apparent contradiction. No one is walking on this team that is in an entry level contract. I don't care who it is, or where they were drafted. I stated, clearly, they have to earn it. Personally, I would rather they all stay down, and come up for injuries only. No rush. If they earn a spot, well great. But, they would have to be undeniable to start in Ottawa. If they are just as good as a Gibbons, or Lindberg, why bother have them in Ottawa? Stay in Belleville and make the playoffs, make the All-Star game, try and win a Calder Cup. Formenton and Norris joining the gang should be great to watch, the speed and skill to develop and have it pay off in the NHL

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
There is no apparent contradiction. No one is walking on this team that is in an entry level contract. I don't care who it is, or where they were drafted. I stated, clearly, they have to earn it. Personally, I would rather they all stay down, and come up for injuries only. No rush. If they earn a spot, well great. But, they would have to be undeniable to start in Ottawa. If they are just as good as a Gibbons, or Lindberg, why bother have them in Ottawa? Stay in Belleville and make the playoffs, make the All-Star game, try and win a Calder Cup. Formenton and Norris joining the gang should be great to watch, the speed and skill to develop and have it pay off in the NHL

What you stated clearly was that you wanted to keep all the kids on the farm.

You continue to ignore the impact that could have on the players feelings about the organization. Losing millions of dollars pisses people off.

Brown, for example, has paid his dues and needs the opportunity to show what he can do in the NHL. Brannstrom is ready to get going on his career too.

We are going to suck royally. Might as well try and keep our young talent happy.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Friedman 31 thoughts,

Player to watch at the world championships: Sweden’s Joakim Nygard. The 26-year-old left-shot winger still intends to play in the NHL next season. He’s going to select three-to-five contenders to narrow his choices, before picking the right fit. Calgary and Ottawa were among the expected short list.
Is Nygard actually playing? Haven’t seen his name anywhere

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
What you stated clearly was that you wanted to keep all the kids on the farm.

You continue to ignore the impact that could have on the players feelings about the organization. Losing millions of dollars pisses people off.

Brown, for example, has paid his dues and needs the opportunity to show what he can do in the NHL. Brannstrom is ready to get going on his career too.

We are going to suck royally. Might as well try and keep our young talent happy.

Explain how 1 injury plagued season means he’s “paid his dues”

Reactions: coladin

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
He signed his entry deal in Aug 16.

Made Sens in 17 and then returned to junior.

Spent 18 in the AHL.

He's paid his dues and needs a real chance.
Brown, Batherson, and Brannstrom should all start in the NHL and be sent down if they can’t keep up.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Brown, Batherson, and Brannstrom should all start in the NHL and be sent down if they can’t keep up.

Brown, Batherson and Brannstrom should all prove by the end of training camp that they are ready to take on the responsibilities that comes with being NHL players who are counted on to play important minutes.

If not, send them down before the season even starts. The way the ownership has decided to build this team depends almost entirely on our prospects reaching their celing in development. We can't afford to have any of them be put in positions to fail, and have their development stunted by confidence issues and 4th line minutes.

If they can't hack it by the end of September, keep them in the AHL until they can.

Last edited:

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Brown, Batherson and Brannstrom should all prove by the end of training camp that they are ready to take on the responsibilities that comes with being NHL players who are counted on to play important minutes.

If not, send them down before thems Eason even starts. The eay the ownership has decidedto buildmthis team depends almoat entirely on our prospects reaching their celing in development. We can't afford to have any of them be put in positions to fail, and have their development stunted by confidence issues and 4th line minutes.

If they can't hack it by the end of September, keep them in the AHL until they can.
Agreed, but if they can't beat out the plugs they are competing with for time in the Sens lineup, we are in serious trouble.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Agreed, but if they can't beat out the plugs they are competing with for time in the Sens lineup, we are in serious trouble.

Brannstrom has Chabot and Wolanin ahead of him on the left, the team might want to keep him down if he can't secure a top 4 spot. Lajoie looked real good early on and it was revealed he was dealing with an injury so he might get a spot on the bottom pair.

Brown likewise might have to crack the top 9 or even 6 for them to be willing to keep him up. White is pretty much guaranteed ahead of him at this point, he's competing with known commodities in Pageau and Tierney. There's an opening, but he has to have a strong camp to push one of those two to the fourth line.

Batherson I think has the strongest chance of making the team out of camp. We have basically nothing at RW... Ryan, Veronneau who has a lot to prove himself, and then some LW that can play the right side. I'd be shocked if Batherson doesn't play him self onto the team.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Tkachuk Carter Batherson
Duclair Brown White
Balcers Tierney Ryan
Gibbons Pageau Boedker

Chabot Jaros
Brannstrom Methot
Wolanin DeMelo

Hodberg / Anderson 60/40 split

Trade for Jeff Carter
Sign Marc Methot

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
i think we're far too out to be drawing up rosters for next season - but i'll put together what I think our depth chart looks like currently and you can make your lineup out of that.

Some notes:
  • Incredibly weak on the right side. Probably will see 1 or 2 of the wingers (Paul/Paajarvi) moved to the right side - along with potentially Smith or Boedker and their anchor contracts. For the sake of Verronneau and Abramov who I think both need some significant minutes in Belleville (Formenton too, kid needs to work on his offensive side of the game)
  • Defense sucks on the right side. I actually really like the left side which atleast gives me hope for the team this year. Each pairing could have a solid puck-mover. However, I enjoy the idea of Brannstrom playing on his offside with Chabot - that's probably two years away from being a thing though.
  • I excluded Nilsson because I'm confident he will be gone in FA to a team willing to pay him more money. That's alright though, Hogberg has earned the opportunity to be the backup if anything.
  • Trade Tierney. Seriously, ****ing trade Chris Tierney already. You have a logjam at centre and NEED to make room for Chlapik/Brown this season.
  • I'd have Norris far above Lindberg/Smith but between coming back from a tough injury and Smith's cancer contract & Lindberg I think is the most likely of the UFA's to be re-signed given his ability to stabilize the 4th line as a defensively responsible centre.
  • I didn't include Brian Gibbons - if the team has any sense of a guy overperforming on a limited sample size and getting ridiculous amount of opportunity from the horseshoe stuck up his ass as soon as he put on a Sens jersey we really shouldn't even be considered the possibility of a return by him.
  • I included Duclair - I think it's more likely than not he's back on a 2-year deal.
  • I have this terrible feeling I'm missing someone relatively important but I can't remember who so call me out on my b.s lads

LWCRWLDRDG
TkachukWhiteRyanChabotDeMeloAnderson
DuclairJGPBathersonBrannstromCeciHogberg
BalcersBrownVerronneauWolaninJarosGustavsson
FormentonTierneyAbramovBorowieckiD'Accord
PaulChlapikLajoie
PaajarviLindbergHarpur
BoedkerSmithEnglund
Norris
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Olle Olle Olle Olle
Olle Olle

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Brannstrom has Chabot and Wolanin ahead of him on the left, the team might want to keep him down if he can't secure a top 4 spot. Lajoie looked real good early on and it was revealed he was dealing with an injury so he might get a spot on the bottom pair.

Brown likewise might have to crack the top 9 or even 6 for them to be willing to keep him up. White is pretty much guaranteed ahead of him at this point, he's competing with known commodities in Pageau and Tierney. There's an opening, but he has to have a strong camp to push one of those two to the fourth line.

Batherson I think has the strongest chance of making the team out of camp. We have basically nothing at RW... Ryan, Veronneau who has a lot to prove himself, and then some LW that can play the right side. I'd be shocked if Batherson doesn't play him self onto the team.
Good point re Brannstrom, but I think he can beat out Lajoie.

Neither Theirny nor Pageau are top line C's. There is a spot for Brown.

Batherson should be a lock to make the team .

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

If not, send them down before the season even starts. The way the ownership has decided to build this team depends almost entirely on our prospects reaching their celing in development. We can't afford to have any of them be put in positions to fail, and have their development stunted by confidence issues and 4th line minutes.

Exactly. And if they are upset, well, instead of talking to their agents, be better. Earn your spot, and contribute. This happens all the time in the NHL, only in Ottawa some people think they are owed something.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Exactly. And if they are upset, well, instead of talking to their agents, be better. Earn your spot, and contribute. This happens all the time in the NHL, only in Ottawa some people think they are owed something.
The Sens have the worst roster in the league. Top prospects earning a spot should be relatively easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->