Line Combos: 2019-2020 Line/D Pairing discussions & proposals

member 96824

Shouldn’t we just bring up the player(s) that gives us the best chance to win....period? To me Studnicka > Seny for potential playoff production and I wouldn’t even think it’s close.

Yup...I’m more concerned with who might have to log playoff minutes if worst comes to worst

Reactions: Mantis and BamZoni

rank

Mar 2, 2020
I haven’t seen any Providence games but there can be no passengers on the Bruin bus. Anyone not forechecking and backchecking like a wild, crazed dog will stay down. It sends the wrong message then next thing you know the Bruins are the Leafs.

They’ve gotten more out of less for longer than any team I can think of.

Last edited:

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
With the new guys being added to Krejci’s line and Debrusk moving down with Coyle we need to put a more legitimate scoring winger on the other wing. Debrusk is moving to a similar situation he was in with Kuhlman on the wing, and it didn’t work.

I understand sitting Bjork but I hope they give him a second chance soon after he watches from the press box for a few games.

In the meantime I would love to see:

Debrusk - Coyle - Studnicka
Debrusk - Coyle - Senyshyn

Studnicka has said in the past he’s willing to play wing, and it’s a shame such an NHL ready prospect has to spend so much time in Providence when he could be helping this team win.

Senyshyn is ready for another chance, he looked to be trending up before his injury. Don’t care about his point production in Providence since.

The 4th line needs to keep Lindholm centering it. This is the best they’ve looked all season with him in the middle. Kuraly also looks more comfortable on the wing. Before getting injured Wagner looked to be hitting and playing hard, plug him back in when healthy.

If not I’d rather Blidh over Nordstrom at this point. I think Blidh brings more of the high energy, highly physical game that that line needs to play.

Reactions: wintersej

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Not really liking what I see from Ritchie/Krejci combination. Not enough puck possession/threat and more chasing. When Ritchie was out for 5 min due to fighting. I liked what I saw from Debrusk Krejci Kase combination. Also Ritchie Krejci Pasta looked good for a sec in Ritchie 2nd game. Pasta can skate/stick handle/buy time in the offensive end/attract multiple attention

Ritchie skates as well as Backes unfortunately. Otherwise could benefit playing with a center who plays with a quicker pace and can stickhandle/hold the puck intothe offensive end. This way big Nick can leverage his body body along the boards and in front of the net. Use his underrated hands.

Combinations Bruce could try

Marchand Bergeron Kase
Ritchie Krejci Pasta
Debrusk Coyle Wagner
Kuraly Lindholm Nordy/Bjork

Or

Debrusk Krejci Kase
Ritchie Coyle Wagner

Or

Kuraly Coyle Bjork
Ritchie Lindolm Wagner/Nordy

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I would seriously consider calling up Studnicka at this point or possibly breaking up the top line even strength and distributing the talent a bit more. They still rake on the powerplay but it's worth a shot to make the team more balanced even strength. The team relies on them too much even strength and they got burned in the Finals last season when the top line went cold.

Getting a little weird with it:

Marchand-Bergeron-Kase
Ritchie-Coyle-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Kuraly-Lindholm-Kuhlman/Wagner
Nordstrom

If they decided to call up Studnicka, I would consider giving him 5v5 time with either Bergeron or Krejci to slowly be brought along.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I would seriously consider calling up Studnicka at this point or possibly breaking up the top line even strength and distributing the talent a bit more. They still rake on the powerplay but it's worth a shot to make the team more balanced even strength. The team relies on them too much even strength and they got burned in the Finals last season when the top line went cold.

Getting a little weird with it:

Marchand-Bergeron-Kase
Ritchie-Coyle-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Kuraly-Lindholm-Kuhlman/Wagner
Nordstrom

If they decided to call up Studnicka, I would consider giving him 5v5 time with either Bergeron or Krejci to slowly be brought along.
Bruce seems very stubborn when it comes to keeping the “Perfection Line” (hate that title btw) together at all times. So doubt he touches that line.

I totally agree about Studnicka, I would much rather him in the lineup over plugging the extra 4th liner on the 3rd line. At this point I’d much rather try Stud over Bjork and Kuhlman at 3RW.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
At this point, with the funk Krejci is in, I want to see JDB-Coyle-Kase as a line.

Perfection line
JDB-Coyle-Kase
Ritchie-DK-Bjork
Wagner-Kuraly-Nords

Bjork has hit the wall IMO. I'm not relying on him much more this year.

I've always wanted to see what a skilled, fast right-shooting winger would look opposite Debrusk. Kase could be that guy.

When the time is right, I'd call up Studnicka and put him on DK's RW. Use the Bergeron, Coyle, and 4th line against the other teams best lines, shelter the DK line which would in effect become the 3rd line.

Formulate the 4th line out of whatever combination of Kuraly, Wagner, Bjork, Lindholm, Nordstrom, Kuhlman, Blidh that they desire, lots of options for line 4.

Reactions: LSCII

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
The P-Bruins kids would round out the line up real nice.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Studnicka
Ritchie-Coyle-Kase
Kuraly-Frederic-Wagner

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
At this point, with the funk Krejci is in, I want to see JDB-Coyle-Kase as a line.

Perfection line
JDB-Coyle-Kase
Ritchie-DK-Bjork
Wagner-Kuraly-Nords

agreed, Jake has definitely played better the last two games, moving his feet although I still cringe when the B`s need to clear the puck and he`s the guy who has the chance as he just doesn`t get the job done nearly enough but move Ritchie down with Coyle, then you have two big boys who can protect that puck and get a cycle going

Chemistry is such a funny thing, sometimes makes no sense why someone works better with another player who you`d not expect it with, see no further than Heinen with Nash and Backes in his rookie year as one example

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Middle 6 is a mess right now, unfortunately neither Kase or Ritchie has provided any kind of a spark. Coyle is the only one bringing it almost every game. Really don't know what the best option is TBH, all Bruce can really do is keep trying different options to see what clicks.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Still no idea why they play Bjork all year, don't want to trade him, then deadline hits and you can't upgrade anymore sooooo you scratch him continually now to once again keep the standard of 4 4th liners minimum per game. Bruins are still short one top 6 player even after all the deals.

Boston certainly isn't going to win a SC with four (maybe five, if you count Ritchie as one) fourth-liners playing.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
at what point do you go put Krejci and Debrusk back together? I know they don't have the best chemistry but Krejci is your second best center, and DeBrusk is your third best winger...they should be playing together.

Coyle looks good with anyone, so maybe try Ritchie and Kase with him.

Studnicka should get a look at RW.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Studnicka/Bjork
Ritchie-Coyle-Kase
Kuraly-Par-Wagner

I don't know, maybe they move Pastrnak off line one but I doubt it. There is enough talent in the organization, they need Krejci and DeBrusk to figure it out together.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Coyle
Ritchie Kuraly Kase
Bjork Wagner Kuhlman

McAvoy Chara
Krug Carlo
Grz Lauzon

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Coyle Kase - Coyle is our 2nd line center, Kase and Jake are too fast to play with Krech
Ritchie Krejci Wags - Krech can have 2 guys in the Looch and Horton mold, that skate at his pace.
Nordy Frederic Kuraly - We need another tough guy if players are going to avoid Ritchie, Frederic will step up.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Would love to see Studnicka brought up, and Zboril for Carlo.

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Debrusk Krejci Kase
Ritchie Coyle Studnicka
Kuraly Lindholm Wagner

Chara McAvoy
Krug Zboril(Carlo)
Gryz Lauzon

BBBruins

Apr 24, 2017
Option number 1.
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Coyle - Kase / (Kase-Studnicka can be switched)
Ritchie - Krejci - Studnicka
Kuraly - Lindholm - Wagner / Maybe you could try Frederic somewhere on that line

Option number 2. -I don't like the idea that Coyle doesn't play in the middle but still...
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Ritchie - Krejci - Coyle / (or switch Ritchie and DeBrusk)
DeBrusk - Studnicka - Kase (Think about the speed of this line)
Kuraly - Lindholm - Wagner / Maybe you could try Frederic somewhere on that line

''Break the 1st line'' options:
(-This will not happen. Cassidy doesn't break 1 line)

Option number 3.
Marchand - Bergeron - Kase
Ritchie - Krejci - Pastrnak / (Ritchie-DeBrusk can be switched)
DeBrusk - Coyle - Studnicka

Option number 4.
DeBrusk - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle - Kase
Ritchie - Krejci - Studnicka

I hope they call up Studnicka (maybe Frederic too) and at least try that option number 1.

I do not know. Maybe should keep Kase and Ritchie together for a while longer if they found their previous chemistry.. Maybe Bjork will find his good game and be effective (like we have seen he definitely have skills..) :huh:

This is f*cking difficult. Too much options! :D

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I’d like to keep pushing Bjork to be better and get out of this funk. He was so good at one point this year, he can get back to that, but I’m not sure scratching him is the solution.

The bring back Bjork option:
Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Kase
Ritchie Coyle Bjork
Kuraly Lindholm Wagner

The bring back Bjork and allow Studnicka out of the cage option:
Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Coyle
Ritchie Studnicka Bjork
Kuraly Lindholm Kase

Either way, putting Kuraly or Wagner on that 3rd line is not working. It’s taking away from the success that 4th line was having a week ago with Kuraly - Lindholm - Wagner.

Plug Bjork back in, he has to play out of the funk.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
With this current roster.... I think it's time to break up the top line and to call up Stud.

March-Berg-Stud
Ritchie-Krejci-Pastrnak
JD-Coyle-Kase
Whomever

I'm not opposed to calling up Gaunce and giving him a chance at adding some scoring punch to the 4th line. I'd like to see them continue to experiment with different options down the stretch.... we know we can always go back to the perfection line.... but I really think giving Stud that opportunity could work out very well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->