2019-2020 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Laval is 3rd in their division in points, but 6th in points percentage. I hope that things keep improving.

they had a span where they picked up something like 16 of 20 pts but since then they lost an entire top line, the top pairing, their best goalie and now their backup goalie. 2 of their top 3 scorers at one point. This team has a lot of depth but that's a lot to overcome and while they have been solid, they need to be better even with all the missing parts.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So they lose Barber and we wait for info on McCarron. They get back Hudon and hopefully Varone plays if not Tuesday then by the weekend as they will need all the help they can get vs one of the best teams and hottest teams in the league. Sounds like Lindgren is ok so I'm guessing no McNiven. Waiting to hear an update on Juulsen as well.

Laval has been slipping of late due to all they have lost but it's not going to get any easier as their schedule is brutal again. Next up is the monsters who have cooled off after a good start to the season but after that ouch. 2 vs Rochester who have been on fire, then a rare game vs a central division team in Rockford who have been good this year. Then they get a rematch vs Utica and then 2 vs one of the best teams in the league in the Marlies. So they have 4 games vs 2 of the top 4 teams in the AHL in win % out of their next 6 games.

The good news is that the 4 games vs the 2 top teams are all in Laval. After their 2 game road trip vs Rockford and Utica on the 20th they are off for a week when the face the Marlies on the 27th. So hopefully they have some more help by then.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

@9:25 - that embrace by Bouchard to Evans after he scored his first goal of the season.

@11:20 - touching moment between players and coach.

that's really cool that they are doing this, this is new right, they didn't do this before?

I'll say it again but I think one of the best moves MB has made was to hire Bouchard. It took way too long but just think he's a good fit and hopefully stays there a few years to work with all these incoming rookies we will be having.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
that's really cool that they are doing this, this is new right, they didn't do this before?

I'll say it again but I think one of the best moves MB has made was to hire Bouchard. It took way too long but just think he's a good fit and hopefully stays there a few years to work with all these incoming rookies we will be having.

This is the first time they're doing this.

And I 100% agree about the Bouchard hire.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
What's it like to see a game in Laval? I keep meaning to go but get sidetracked by Bar Champion a few blocks down and end up missing the game.
Hype. Staying alone as my rule that being said. I'm more focused like that.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

It was to be expected they'd sign a forward to a PTO with all the injuries and recent call ups that have affected Laval the last month or so.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#10/12/19(Game28:Monsters2-3Rocket/SO)

Poehling(1A)/Evans/Hudon(1G)
Alain(-1)/Vejdemo(-1)/Cox(-1)
Weise(1G)/Lynch(1A+1)/Waked(+1)
Verbeek/Pezzetta/Jevpalovs

Ouellet(1A)/Folin
Olofsson/Lamarche
Alzner/Brook

Lindgren (21/23)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Today, Laval signed Ralph Cuddemi to a PTO, as well. He is the top scorer in the ECHL so far with 32 pts in 25 GP with the Reading Royals.

Here are his stats from EP:

Ralph Cuddemi - Elite Prospects.png

His production since Midget AAA to the OJHL to the NCAA and then to the ECHL has been good. I'm curious, after looking at his numbers, how come he never got to play in at least the AHL until now with Laval.

Joe Cox was the ECHL's top scorer when Laval signed him to a PTO last year and he turned that into an AHL contract. Maybe Cuddemi will be able to do the same.

Reactions: kevsavard95
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->