2019-2020 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Yeah I personally never believed Poehling would be anything close to an 80 point player. I’d be happy if he can be a 50-60 point guy. You gotta draft higher or find some real hidden gems to get 80 point guys.
I’m skeptical that KK could even be an 80 point guy and we got him third overall.

By close to 80 points i was referring over 82 games. Most players play 70 something games. A guy doing 69 points in 72 games is close to 80 points in my book (even if he is not). It's always tricky because of the games played and the fact some fans ignore this aspect completely. For them 33 goals over 82 games is the same as 33 goals over 71 games and 50 points over 82 games the same as 53 points over dunno 74 games. For me it's not the same at all. Yes there's value in a players playing 82 games every years (they are rare) as the player replacing the 33 goals over 71 games players for 11 games wont be as good but i'll still take the 33 goals over 71 games. If the players is healthy in playoffs i'll go further as long as he is not a choker. Where it's dangerous is assuming a pace over 40-50 games is sustainable but over 70 games it usually is.

Jul 6, 2016
it will be interesting to see what they do when Peca and McCarron are back in the lineup. I'd send Alain to the ECHL, try something like,

Hudon Evans Barber
Varone Poehling Belzile
Vejdemo McCarron Peca
Pezzetta Lynch Weise

Leskinen Ouellet
Olofsson Brook
Alzner Juulsen (since he's likely going to be rusty)

Primeau
Lindgren

Would McCarron be more effective on RW ?

Reactions: angusyoung

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Would McCarron be more effective on RW ?

perhaps, it will be interesting to see what the plan is for him if he plays tomorrow night. I do like the idea of a 6'6 center but his game has always been more suited to the wing due to him not having great speed/skating and he's more of a crash and bang type. I've wondered if they would ever move him back, if Poehling is sticking for a little at least and if Evans stays and Suzuki ends up getting sent down, then I got to think he would be at RW since I then assume Belzile would be the one going up.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Very good find by Montreal. The kid is quickly adapting and he already has 4 points in 4 games (though all 4 points came in the last 2 games). He's solid defensively and can help out offensively, as well.

I hope they don't rush him. I keep forgetting he's not much older than Juulsen so he's actually a legit prospect. So much better than hoping a 26 year old will pan out.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I think the “elite” potential has been blown way out proportion because his 4 goal game against the Leafs. Poehling might end up being a good second line C for us, but before that game literally no one viewed him as elite potential.
He is not an elite center. He could be a valuable top-2 line winger with his size speed and net presence.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Good news for both McCarron and Juulsen.

I haven't given up yet on McCarron becoming an NHL player.

Same. It's obviously a long shot but it's still possible. Gotta play him on the wing. They committed him to C for way too long during his struggles. Really dumb imo.

Really hope Juulsen can fully recover. He's a solid piece for sure.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#14/10/19(Game4:Rocket3-1IceHogs)

Varone/Evans/Barber
Hudon(1G)/Poehling(2A)/Belzile(1G)
Jevpalovs(+1)/Vejdemo(1G+1)/Cox(1A+1)
Pezzetta/Lynch/Weise

Leskinen(2A+2)/Ouellet(1A+2)
Olofsson/Lamarche
Alzner(-1)/Brook(-1)

Primeau(21/22)

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
If he's healthy, I don't see Juulsen staying in the AHL for too long. I always found him pretty solid in the NHL. I think we'd benefit from having him up right now.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
If he's healthy, I don't see Juulsen staying in the AHL for too long. I always found him pretty solid in the NHL. I think we'd benefit from having him up right now.

I don't see MB waiving Reilly/Folin. So either a trade will be done or Fleury is sent down if Juulsen comes up.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Culkin send down. Juulsen is ready to go ?

Pretty much. All signs point to Juulsen making his return in the weekend. Still unconfirmed. But Culkin going down was inevitable. But also keep in mind that Cale Fleury may end up being sent down, as well. Even without Juulsen and Fleury, they have 7 defensemen in Laval. Culkin was the 8th.

Ouellet, Brook, Alzner, Leskinen, Olofsson, Lamarche, Sklenicka.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Pretty much. All signs point to Juulsen making his return in the weekend. Still unconfirmed. But Culkin going down was inevitable. But also keep in mind that Cale Fleury may end up being sent down, as well. Even without Juulsen and Fleury, they have 7 defensemen in Laval. Culkin was the 8th.

Ouellet, Brook, Alzner, Leskinen, Olofsson, Lamarche, Sklenicka.

Sklenicka will be the next down...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Translation: McCarron says that his goal is to play in the NHL. But if he is to play in the AHL, he wants to play for Bouchard. He feels he make him a better player.

In turn, Bouchard praises McCarron. Mentions how he's unique. You don't many players like him. He's a physical presence. He's a presence in the room. He pops out at your screen and you notice him.

Reactions: montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Sklenicka will be the next down...

Has to be. And if Juulsen and Fleury are both sent down, the extra defenseman has to be Lamarche.

How I'd love to see the right side in Laval of Juulsen, Fleury, and Brook. And my left side becomes Ouellet, Leskinen, and Olofsson.

I wouldn't want Alzner in Montreal, but I wouldn't care if they call him up if they send Fleury down.

But if they do bring Alzner up to the NHL, they wouldn't have to send Sklenicka down to the ECHL. They could keep him in Laval as an extra with Lamarche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->