Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Bloody hell! It’s gonna be one of those seasons. Last year they were lucky. It seems to go in cycles.
Lafrenierre, here we come.
Actually, Montreal was around mid-pack for injury impact last season, so they were neither lucky nor unlucky. That's not the same measurement as overall man-games lost -- here, games lost are weighted by the impact of the injured player on the roster.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Nobody is cursed ;) Some teams have good management and other don't. The Red Sox were cursed too ... until someone competent came to manage the team. Then they were not cursed anymore.

Good management make long term injuries dissappear?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
No they build a good enough team to be able to withstand injuries.

These injuries don't really cripple the team. The one with the most impact is Byron and he's a 3rd/4th liner to start the year.

It's just shitty that a lot of our prospects are injured, nothing to do with management.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Actually, Montreal was around mid-pack for injury impact last season, so they were neither lucky nor unlucky. That's not the same measurement as overall man-games lost -- here, games lost are weighted by the impact of the injured player on the roster.
They were 8th I believe. Compared to the year before, that’s lucky.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
They were 8th I believe. Compared to the year before, that’s lucky.
Pretty sure 8th represents total man games lost. I was talking about the value of the players who were injured, which is a different ranking. Someone posted a chart that measures the impact of the injury based on who is injured, which is where losing Weber, Byron, Shaw, and Armia for stretches affected the Habs more than other teams that may have had lesser players among the injured. I'll see if I can find the chart, but from memory it had Montreal almost exactly in the middle of the league in terms of injury impact.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Pretty sure 8th represents total man games lost. I was talking about the value of the players who were injured, which is a different ranking. Someone posted a chart that measures the impact of the injury based on who is injured, which is where losing Weber, Byron, Shaw, and Armia for stretches affected the Habs more than other teams that may have had lesser players among the injured. I'll see if I can find the chart, but from memory it had Montreal almost exactly in the middle of the league in terms of injury impact.

Exactly Man Games is just another one of those hockey stats that needs an additional barometer to compute properly. It's man games again this year that can have a huge impact on the standings. The good news in our case is we can call up players who can perform similar roles with a less significant impact than we've seen previously. Something The Bruins were able to accomplish last year with their D in particular.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Any word on Juulsen? Lets hope he can get past this heath issues and start playing hockey in the AHL again. I think he can help Laval. Another guy who has injury issues is Olofsson and that shoulder seems to be hanging on by a thread. Too bad cause he is actually a depth quality NHL D man.

Reactions: Schwang

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
they don't say much at all, other then they expect him to play this season. Since it's game 4 that's kind of wide open since the season doesn't end for 6 months.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
News are favorable about Juulsen.

Richard Labbé of LaPresse says that Juulsen was evaluated by doctors specializing in the treatment of concussions when he went to Michigan recently.

The good news is that he got a favorable diagnostic. His entourage claims that he should be able to come back in the near future since his health concerns are no longer an issue. His agent would only say that he expects Juulsen to be able to play "this season". No timeline given.

Reactions: Tuggy

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
How did Juulsen get his lengthy concussion?
Was it that game where he took a puck to the face twice?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Was it a concussion or in fact the eye injury that caused the headaches?

Eye problems can cause headaches.

I got migraines as a kid. Got a concussion playing hockey. Never had as bad and as painful a headache as when I scratched my cornea taking out my contacts the wrong way after a night of partying in high school...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

No doubt but I think he re-aggravated something in Laval If I recall correctly. Remember he played the first 21 games in the NHL until his injury and then 3 games in Laval.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
It's a shame Juulsen got this long term injury this early into his career. I think he could be a great 5-6 d-man for us with his size.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
It wasn't a concussion according to Julien, just headaches. He did get time off for breaking his face but that did not cause a concussion apparently. He started getting headaches in training camp, so the doctors gave him time off and they seem to be gone.

Why can't Bergevin get concussed? Maybe if he's out for a while, someone more competent would take over

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I just saw the PS during the 2nd intermission, Harris was taken down from behind, surprised they called a PS and not just a penalty. What a nice move there to go way wide and then chip it in.

3rd period started, 2-0 still.

UMass scores to make it 2-1, Harris was on the ice but nothing he could do as he had his man tied up, I think his partner may have screened the goalie as it was a point shot.

Northeastern hangs on for the win, huge early season win over a conference rival, heck of a game.

Harris played another strong game, but they mixed up the D pairings after all the penalties so he barely had any PP time.

commentators gave any infos on Struble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->