Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Report

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Thank you. Btw I'm not super superstitious, but could we sticky this thread?

tomin

AintNoSeats
Sponsor
Dec 18, 2014
Hopefully this thread is short.

I'm anxious to hear more about Thomas' progress and see him play again. I am suspect that, regardless of his play when he gets back, his wrist recovery is going to take quite a while.

Obviously a wrist and a knee (Fabbri example) are totally different but I think that a similar timeline is something to consider.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
We can't bring up anyone at this point without either sending someone else down or putting someone on LTIR. We have virtually no cap space to do so.

Reactions: Brian39

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Tarasenko's spot will be filled in by Zach Ranford, Blais, and Fabbri. I assume Blais' hand won't keep him out long term?

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
If Blais in unavailable for another few games and we have another forward get hurt on Saturday, we might see Vince Dunn playing forward on Sunday. We don't have the cap space to call anyone up without LTIR and none of our 7 D can be sent down without going through waivers. So 3 simultaneous non-long-term forward injuries means dresing 11F/7D or having a D play forward.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
So Tarasenko's shoulder popped out? Does he need surgery?
I haven’t seen anything confirmed but if he did in fact separate/dislocate his shoulder he wouldn’t need surgery unless he tore something as it came out.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I haven’t seen anything confirmed but if he did in fact separate/dislocate his shoulder he wouldn’t need surgery unless he tore something as it came out.
Hmm, wasn't this 3RD time when Vlady injured his shoulder. If you once tore your shoulder muscles it get looser and easir popping out. Didnt Vlad had surgery on that shoulder once? Or do I remember wrong?

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Hmm, wasn't this 3RD time when Vlady injured his shoulder. If you once tore your shoulder muscles it get looser and easir popping out...

Yes and it will be more prone to popping out the next time. It is a very painful situation and I’d say ten to fourteen days before he goes back out and risks doing it again.

Fabb’s has the same issue least we forget.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
Hmm, wasn't this 3RD time when Vlady injured his shoulder. If you once tore your shoulder muscles it get looser and easir popping out. Didnt Vlad had surgery on that shoulder once? Or do I remember wrong?

Yes and it will be more prone to popping out the next time. It is a very painful situation and I’d say ten to fourteen days before he goes back out and risks doing it again.

Fabb’s has the same issue least we forget.

@Ranksu is 100% correct in his post. He had surgery on the first separation, which kept him out for the beginning of the season last year. He had another shoulder injury in the playoffs ( reportedly ) last year, and now another shoulder injury.

I went through the same injury and surgery that Tarasenko had. It has never been the same as pre-injury, which was done 5+ years ago ( my repair was done by one of STL's best arthroscopic surgeons), and I have to be aware of what i'm doing to avoid motions that can/will cause pain or issues despite several months of rehab. Tarasenko will have to deal with this for the rest of his career.

Reactions: STL BLUES

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
@Ranksu is 100% correct in his post. He had surgery on the first separation, which kept him out for the beginning of the season last year. He had another shoulder injury in the playoffs ( reportedly ) last year, and now another shoulder injury.

I went through the same injury and surgery that Tarasenko had. It has never been the same as pre-injury, which was done 5+ years ago ( my repair was done by one of STL's best arthroscopic surgeons), and I have to be aware of what i'm doing to avoid motions that can/will cause pain or issues despite several months of rehab. Tarasenko will have to deal with this for the rest of his career.
We don’t even know which of these 3 times were which shoulder, let alone if they were all separations.

It may be that he is enjoying stability in the repaired shoulder and now had a separation on the opposite side. It’s just speculation.

DoubleK81

Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
We don’t even know which of these 3 times were which shoulder, let alone if they were all separations.

It may be that he is enjoying stability in the repaired shoulder and now had a separation on the opposite side. It’s just speculation.
Well, the one that happened the other night was the same one that he had repaired, so....

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006

Which is worse, a separation or a dislocation?

DoubleK81

Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
It’s two names for the same thing. A separation is the more medically correct term for a dislocated AC joint.
Yeah, not really.

A separation typically stretches ligaments and does not include the shoulder coming out of the joint. The majority of shoulder separations dont require surgery.
A dislocation tears ligaments, and the bone comes out of the shoulder joint. Sometimes it pops right back in, sometimes it requires medical attention to go back into the joint.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->