2019-20 General Lightning Discussion - Part 2: Charted Territory

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I still think you guys are drinking way too much of the Killer Kool Aid. This big season doesn't erase the rest of his career. Players go through ups and downs, and he's way, way, way up right now. Not only do we have to trade him in the off-season, but it might be for the best, because he's going to get a return that's twice what he's actually worth.
I've been working on this for several minutes now and I think I've figured it out. Killorn has evolved. He'll put up ppg numbers this season and then go 0 in 82 next year, for a 40 point season average.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I still think you guys are drinking way too much of the Killer Kool Aid. This big season doesn't erase the rest of his career. Players go through ups and downs, and he's way, way, way up right now. Not only do we have to trade him in the off-season, but it might be for the best, because he's going to get a return that's twice what he's actually worth.

I agree and I love Killorn too. I just think that with the improved minutes and opportunity hes been given this year his numbers were bound to improve at least a little. I feel like whoever gets that ice time if he leaves will see a nice bump too but I do have to give Killorn credit too. Hes been a beast this year. It just makes it easier to trade him I think. I wouldnt bet on him having the same kind of numbers elsewhere. I wouldnt cry if we traded somebody else though. His big body is welcomed on a team full of smaller skilled players.

Reactions: Loki Dekker

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I have an itch to give some charts. So here is an update on the team.

T.B
T.B

I think right when we started our 10 game win streak, you can start seeing the downturn in Penalties drawn from us and the increase in taken. To me this confirms the refs bias for the Leafs and that the league was trying to prevent us from catching and eventually taking them over.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Yeah, Teddy Purcell was a different level of soft. It was also always on display because he handled the puck a lot... right into the boards, away from scoring areas.

Killorn's been getting the puck in a lot of good spots this year. Maybe it's our focus on cycling the puck that has sparked him. He's playing "better" than usual, but not crazily so. Not enough where he looks like a guy scoring almost a point per game. The conditions just seem right for him to go nuts, somehow.

I don't see any way he's on the team next year. But I also see us picking up another extra 1st. Last year seemed to start the cyclical part of the Yzerplan, where we're selling assets we can't keep to restock the cupboard for, hopefully, another wave of good prospects.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Yeah, Teddy Purcell was a different level of soft. It was also always on display because he handled the puck a lot... right into the boards, away from scoring areas.

Killorn's been getting the puck in a lot of good spots this year. Maybe it's our focus on cycling the puck that has sparked him. He's playing "better" than usual, but not crazily so. Not enough where he looks like a guy scoring almost a point per game. The conditions just seem right for him to go nuts, somehow.

I don't see any way he's on the team next year. But I also see us picking up another extra 1st. Last year seemed to start the cyclical part of the Yzerplan, where we're selling assets we can't keep to restock the cupboard for, hopefully, another wave of good prospects.
On the note of first rounders, it's crazy to me that Vancouver is first in their division, yet exactly one point ahead of both Pacific spots AND both wild card spots. The West playoff spots are tight this year. Granted, they're one of teams with games still to play in hand.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
On the note of first rounders, it's crazy to me that Vancouver is first in their division, yet exactly one point ahead of both Pacific spots AND both wild card spots. The West playoff spots are tight this year. Granted, they're one of teams with games still to play in hand.
This all-star break could be lethal for them. Might slow them down a little. But depending on what the other teams do at the deadline, it might put them outside the playoffs. I'm not saying they won't try to make moves, but honestly, they shouldn't. There are still holes for them to fill to make a deep run, and hemorrhaging more assets now for a short spurt would be terrible.

Hilariously though some Vancouver media and some fans I talk to feel like they should push now.

Oh and by the Holy Charts, when it comes to on-ice threats 5v5, Loui Eriksson is their fifth best player. Behind, Pettersson, Boeser, Miller, and Hughes.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Only names that would interest me there are Kreider and Anderson at forward, Martinez and Petry on D.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Keeider, Toffoli, maybe Anderson but I feel like they won't move him.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Forward:

Toffoli
Pageau
Donato
Kreider

Defenseman:

Petry
Martinez
We probably can't afford Petry right? Pageau is a pretty good name but I feel like his price is really high right now. Good player though. Petry is interesting though, would probably bump Rutta out of the lineup and Petry has a lot of experience as well.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Generally happens when you are born in 1991 and its 2020.

June 3 FYI.

Generally happens when you are born in 1989 and its 2020.

June 13 FYI
Going to need to see some kind of chart to justify this kind of conclusion. Maybe a schedule of days and years if you have something like that.

Are we happy with McBackup? I haven't been able to catch a game of his (or in general).

Reactions: TheFurryPickle

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018
I am not a fan of Toffoli and would not pay a 2nd round pick for this guy.

I would prefer to have Palat, Johnson, Gourde or Killorn play in the Top 6 before Toffoli.

Unless we target him as depth player in case we run into some injuries down the stretch, and the price is very low, like a 3rd round pick or something.

I would aim for a better return than Toffoli for a 2nd round pick / 2nd +, or I would just keep the pick.

Just give me some Gourde instead and give him opportunities to help rebuild his confidence.

Reactions: Zwui21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad