Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
If you think about it, we have quite a few potential top 4 Dmen in POJ, Capobianco, possibly Bahl. What we're missing is top 4 RHD, I think we don't currently have any of those. Westerlund, Busby, Emberson are all bottom guys.

What we're missing is scoring wingers. If you think about it the prospect board looks like this (not ranked):

LW | C | RW
Jenik | Hayton | Merkley
Bunting | Schnarr |
Burke | Pederson |
Steenbergen |
Kirk |

LD | RD
Capobianco | Gross
POJ | Westerlund
Bahl | Emberson
Dineen | Busby
Hoefenmayer | Stewart
Kudla |
Callahan |
Crotty |

We're basically really weak on the wings and none of the RHD look to be top 4 guys. Well, also weak down the middle with only Hayton as a top 6er

Last edited:
Reactions: Antonche

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Playoff stats are up and yes, Schnarr has had a great start and Hayton has 2Goals in 2gms

Waiting for when we sign Hoefenmayer...should be shortly I would think.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Playoff stats are up and yes, Schnarr has had a great start and Hayton has 2Goals in 2gms

Waiting for when we sign Hoefenmayer...should be shortly I would think.
I like Schnaar's row on your spreadsheet...

0.68 pts/gm last season
1.57 pts/gm this season
3.00 pts/gm these playoffs

Reactions: MIG

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hayton playing tonight. Has a goal and 2 assists so far. It's 3-2 early 3rd.

Add another apple. Up 5-2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mosby

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Partial translation of the page:

Signed up for two seasons
But it is quick throw in the hockey world.
Today, Källgren sits on a flight to the United States to join Arizona Coyote's organization, the club he was drafted by 2015. The idea is that he should belong to the AHL team Tuscon Roadrunners, where the Swedes Kevin Ekman-Larsson, Jens Lööke, Emil Pettersson and David Ullström plays. With eight rounds left, Tuscon Roadrunners is fighting to reach the AHL playoffs.
- I have no idea what plan they have, but if I get the chance to play I will go out and do it, he says.

Källgren has signed up for this season and another two years.
Is the goal to play in the NHL next season?
- Absolutely, clearly that is the goal, but I also know that there is a long way to go and a lot of work to be done before you are there. I can safely start in AHL but am ready to put the job down and do everything I can. Regardless, I have good chances to play a lot in AHL.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I asked Craig Morgan why we haven't signed Hoefenmayer yet...I hope we don't let him get away. In a year, you could have both Hoefenmayer and Bahl tag teaming again in Tucson.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I just browsed through the OHL Coaches Poll results. Hayton was voted #2 in faceoffs in his conference. Hoefenmayer was voted the #3 offensive defenseman in his conference.

A top 3 appearance for Hayton in just one category is a bit disappointing. Although this prolly doesn't matter in the end anyways.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hofenmayer and Bahl combined for 6 points last night.

We also have Prosvetov (Saginaw) and Hayton (Soo) going head-to-head in round 2.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hayton's team got smashed 10-1 today by a very good Saginaw team (they brought in both Tippett and McLeod at the deadline). Can't imagine the Soo is going to get through this round.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
If you think about it, we have quite a few potential top 4 Dmen in POJ, Capobianco, possibly Bahl. What we're missing is top 4 RHD, I think we don't currently have any of those. Westerlund, Busby, Emberson are all bottom guys.

What we're missing is scoring wingers. If you think about it the prospect board looks like this (not ranked):

LW | C | RW
Jenik | Hayton | Merkley
Bunting | Schnarr |
Burke | Pederson |
Steenbergen |
Kirk

Lane Penderson (21yrs old) past 48GP 18G 36Pts 103sog
Is developing rapidly and looks like a potential 2C

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
I'd assume it would be Mark Visentin. Was a first round pick, had great junior numbers and played on team Canada twice.
Drafted in 2010, so thought of as a good prospect (for Arizona anyways) till probably 13-14 or 14-15, when he'd still have been 21-22 years old.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad