Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Looks like the European leagues are starting pre-season now and they're talking about December for the NHL with no word on the AHL. Maccelli and Raty are already in Finland, would it make sense to let Soderstrom and Bergkvist go play in Sweden too? Even players like Jenik or Prosvetov? Complicated situation and risky - what if either Jenik or Prosvetov get injured? Plus European teams have the choice of the entire AHL player base and probably not much money for outgoings. I did expect to see Soderstrom head back to Brynhas though.

It seems like the covid-situation in Europe, even in Sweden, are much better than in the US? Think how it is in Canada. More like that. In Norway we now have one person dead a week, or something.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Nice hat-trick for Maccelli just now in a warm up game (3 skaters, 2x10mins). Skated with Roby Jarventie, an interesting prospect.

Reactions: lanky

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
It's great that Maccelli has a pro team to play with during covid.

Does anyone know where Jenik is or where he spent his summer?

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
I remember reading Jenik was in Arizona and skating before the playoffs started. Nothing more since.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Has there been any indication if NCAA hockey will go or not? It would be a damn shame if Farinacci and Emberson miss a season of competition.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I see that even draft eligible CHL prospects are starting to commit to European teams. That's a sign that CHL is unlikely play this season, which would be incredibly sad.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I see that even draft eligible CHL prospects are starting to commit to European teams. That's a sign that CHL is unlikely play this season, which would be incredibly sad.
Incredibly stupid.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Q starts next month and the other two leagues in December.

Reactions: Jakey53

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Dvorak has plaudd played 4 seasons and his career high is 38 points. I doubt there is any package with him in it that would bring back a number 1 center. Teams don't trade number 1 centers unless they trade with a team that has a huge farm system and can completely overwhelm them.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'm disappointed that the Extraliga season is in full swing and Jenik isn't starring for his home team. I wonder if the Coyotes have plans for both Hayton and Jenik to play with the big club.

LA just committed their top OHL and NCAA players to Berlin of the DEL. I think they see a rocky path ahead for OHL and NCAA.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Sullivan said he was ready to skate in reports dated May. Appreciate it's an incredibly serious injury and I probably wouldnt want to send that injury thousands of miles away to another team who's primary objective would be to win rather than protect and develop him for the future. American sports teams lead the way when it comes to recovering from ACL injuries which used to be career-ending not so long ago. But hopefully he's ready to start playing warmups now. Not rushing is probably a very good thing as boring as that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->