Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Apparently Valentin Nussbaumer has terminated his contract agreement with Shawinigan and joined the Swiss team EHC Biel.

Not sure how that plays out from a development standpoint, but he certainly played better at the WJC than he has with Shawinigan...hopefully this helps his development more than being in the Q.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Apparently Valentin Nussbaumer has terminated his contract agreement with Shawinigan and joined the Swiss team EHC Biel.

Not sure how that plays out from a development standpoint, but he certainly played better at the WJC than he has with Shawinigan...hopefully this helps his development more than being in the Q.

He'll be on a deeper and better team in Biel where he'll have to earn his icetime playing against men. I believe the team has four years of his rights since he was drafted out of NA at 18. I don't expect anything from this player but you never know.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
New Pronman paway article on the top prospects. Great read from someone I consider being one of the best reporters on prospects.
Pronman: 2019-20 midseason NHL prospects ranking

Soderstrom is ranked 8th (previously 102) and above everyone but Zegras, Cozens, Byram, Caulfield, Seider and Kaliyev from last years draft who meet Pronman's criteria for this list. Criteria is prospects signed, but have not played a certain amount of NHL games. Means he is ahead of guys like Turcotte, Podkolzin who were drafted above him, and guys like Newhook and Boldy who were drafted after (all players I wanted to see over him at the time).

Jenik at 50 (previously not ranked). Notes of on skating concerns and injury. Prosvetov is the third ranked goalie.

Reactions: DOTS13

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Soderstrom is 2nd in the SHL in U25 scoring pace... including forwards. He's 18 and plays D.

Currently on pace for the best U20 season from a D in SHL history.

Broberg has 4 points in 26 games by comparison

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Soderstrom's game was interesting. Brynas was awarded a penalty shot because of covering up the puck in the paint, and they CHOSE to have Soderstrom take it. His move didn't work though. Then later he scores a goal. Then in the OT Shootout he wins it with a similar shootout move to the one he tried early (basically going in real slow, waiting, trying to deke and get the goalie to move and then a simple little shot).

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Updated

Both Maccelli & Soderstrom have hit a dry patch, where they've moved off of record season pace, but both are still far and away at the top of their draft class in their respective leagues.

Reactions: Heldig

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Updated.

Nice to see Liam Kirk is finally back after his injuries...hopefully he will be able to play the rest of the season without going on the shelf again.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Soderstrom faced Lundkvist last night. Brynas are struggling to make the playoffs while Lulea are sitting comfortably at the top of the league.

Brynas won 5-1. Good result for them. No points for either teenager.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Draft picks whose rights expire this summer:

Expires August 15th:
2016 7th round, Dean Stewart D, senior at NE-Omaha

Expires June 1st:
2016 6th round, Patrick Kudla, Czech Extraliga & 2nd league
2018 5th round, Dennis Busby D, Flint OHL
2018 6th round, David Tendeck G, Vancouver WHL

Looks like Busby should get a contract--he's produced well enough following an injury marred draft season. Haven't had the opportunity to watch Tendeck play, his numbers look like they should be good enough for a ELC.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Draft picks whose rights expire this summer:

Expires August 15th:
2016 7th round, Dean Stewart D, senior at NE-Omaha

Expires June 1st:
2016 6th round, Patrick Kudla, Czech Extraliga & 2nd league
2018 5th round, Dennis Busby D, Flint OHL
2018 6th round, David Tendeck G, Vancouver WHL

Looks like Busby should get a contract--he's produced well enough following an injury marred draft season. Haven't had the opportunity to watch Tendeck play, his numbers look like they should be good enough for a ELC.

I'd say that Tendeck is most likely the only one who gets a contract. Busby might be the Dysin Mayo replacement in Tucson. If Mayo resigns then I doubt whether Busby gets a contract.

Also, I predict we will sign Filip Westerlund to a contract to replace Mayo and comes over to begin his North America pro career.

Last edited:

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Interesting that Chayka/Sullivan have been signing McGregor, Sucese, and now Crotty but the two prospects with a timeline are Busby (June 2020) and then Stewart (Aug 2020). Tendeck had a June 2020 deadline. Maybe the other two get done with a little more details to work out. I don’t know the prospects enough to know if they even earned a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->