Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
What do you guys think about Nick Merkley? Do you ever seeing him put it together? Seems like he has been passed by several players. I am asking for fantasy purposes. Thanks for any info.

Nope. He's 22 and not doing anything special in the AHL. Passed by several guys. He needed to dominate this year and hasn't. Same thing for Dineen.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Pronman highlighted 2 Yotes prospects in his latest article: Pronman: Biggest risers from the 2019 NHL Draft

Matias Maccelli, LW, Arizona
No. 98 overall
Maccelli has turned heads since starting his season overseas where he’s been an important player for his pro team Ilves in Liiga. His ability to produce versus men at a significant level this quickly has been very impressive. He’s small and not the most dynamic skater, but he’s shown his great hands and vision could translate to a higher level. After not being invited to Finland’s U20 team at the World Junior Summer Showcase, he’s now on track to be leaned on as one of its top forwards at the world juniors.
Danil Savunov, LW, Arizona
No. 174 overall
When I watched Savunov last season, I saw an undersized forward with good feet and some skill who competed well without much of a wow factor. He’s been productive versus men this season in Russia’s second division for SKA and shown more skill than I thought he had. I don’t think he has elite skill by any means, but it’s good; and he has very good offensive instincts. He’s a player I didn’t value much, but there is more intrigue around him right now.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If I could ask scouts one thing about the 2019 draft for the Coyotes, I'd ask them why they took Daryin 70 picks ahead of Savunov. Savunov is playing in the Russian equivalent of the AHL and doing well, Daryin is still in their junior league despite being older.

YYC

Feb 23, 2015
I posted this in the Tuscon thread but didnt get a response so I think it might have been in the wrong thread..

Hows the the play of Adin Hill? There isn't much out there on his play or his standing in the organization. there seems to be a long jam of goalies, is this his last season with the 'Yotes? He has a good record but his other stats aren't the best. Is it because of him getting shelled for 7 goals in one game?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I posted this in the Tuscon thread but didnt get a response so I think it might have been in the wrong thread..

Hows the the play of Adin Hill? There isn't much out there on his play or his standing in the organization. there seems to be a long jam of goalies, is this his last season with the 'Yotes? He has a good record but his other stats aren't the best. Is it because of him getting shelled for 7 goals in one game?
He’s likely out top or certainly the most ready prospect to assume the backup role at the nhl level. Still highly thought of but the question is upside. Does he have #1 potential? We need to see him dominate at the A level before he takes the next step. He opened eyes last year with a short stretch where he outplayed Keumper badly before Keumper found his game and went on a role. We haven’t forgotten about Hill. We are just doing our best to properly develop.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Not surprising, but both Räty and Maccelli got invites to Finlands WJC camp.

Raty is considerably overshadowed by what Maccelli is doing but I liked what I saw of him in summer camp. He is nearly a year younger than Maccelli and not so far along in his development but one I'm watching.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Raty is considerably overshadowed by what Maccelli is doing but I liked what I saw of him in summer camp. He is nearly a year younger than Maccelli and not so far along in his development but one I'm watching.
I can't get excited about Raty and I think the only reason is because he has a younger brother that is already better than him. It shouldn't affect my judgment of Aku but it does.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I can't get excited about Raty and I think the only reason is because he has a younger brother that is already better than him. It shouldn't affect my judgment of Aku but it does.

If a similar thinking caused the Canucks to get Quinn Huhges at 7th OA, I think we should not be so hung up about this.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Just thought I would drop this off for you folks here. Jan Jenik is on a mission, and two games versus Mississauga...well let's just say I am counting on it happening

Good company to be in, especially considering his team is probably the weakest of those mentioned.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Then again, Ryan MacInnis once had a 21 game point streak. Brett MacLean has the all time record.

Eh, Brett MacLean was a little slow, but otherwise looked great until his heart literally stopped on the ice one night like Cunningham. Hard to lump him in with the rest of our busts.

I'm still baffled that MacInnis hasn't managed to find a niche, to be honest. I think he'll be like Bunting eventually. Both scratching out time on fourth lines bouncing between leagues with a small chance of becoming regular glue guys for the right coach/system.

Reactions: CC96
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->