2019-2020 College Hockey Thread

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Time to get this going, now that teams are trickling in to summer training and the early draft, Hobey Baker, and UDFA lists have started to surface.

This one was in my morning Twitter feed:

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Made the Colgate/BC game last weekend. Boldy was meh and Newhook never got off the bus. BC was too much for them but wanted to see more from the two 1st rounders.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Made the Colgate/BC game last weekend. Boldy was meh and Newhook never got off the bus. BC was too much for them but wanted to see more from the two 1st rounders.
I really liked Boldy, thats a bummer

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Observations from tonight's Badger-Lion game:

- Evan Barratt remains a gem. He gets into dirty areas and gets the puck on net.
- Chris Snell's son plays for Penn St. I feel... ancient.
- Weissbach is taking draws at times on the powerplay, looks like his wrist is 100% healthy.
- Penn St. is a big team. Lordy.
- Ahcan is a dirty SOB.
- The Gratton playing for Penn St. is Chris Gratton's brother. He was a '99. Half? Surprise? Crazy...

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And Fairport native Nate Sucese has to be on the Sabres radar as a UDFA. Senior, small, quick, scrappy, offensively competent... hope they're talking with his "family advisor" already, letting them know they are interested. He's Sturtz ultra.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Observations from tonight's Badger-Lion game:

- Evan Barratt remains a gem. He gets into dirty areas and gets the puck on net.
- Chris Snell's son plays for Penn St. I feel... ancient.
- Weissbach is taking draws at times on the powerplay, looks like his wrist is 100% healthy.
- Penn St. is a big team. Lordy.
- Ahcan is a dirty SOB.
- The Gratton playing for Penn St. is Chris Gratton's brother. He was a '99. Half? Surprise? Crazy...
Think you're mis-reading Elite Prospects, here. The guy on Penn State is the brother of a different Chris Gratton, not the Chris Gratton.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Think you're mis-reading Elite Prospects, here. The guy on Penn State is the brother of a different Chris Gratton, not the Chris Gratton.

I didn't realize there was a Chris Gratton vs. the Chris Gratton. I was looking through the players and saw that and laughed.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
RIT off to a 7-1-2 start (3-1-0 non-conference), their best start in the D-1 era by a mile (for comparison, even their Frozen Four team, which finished 28-12-5, started 0-5-0 :laugh:).

They frankly should be ranked (the Bowling Green team they beat in Ohio is ranked 17th at 5-4-0), but are currently the highest "receiving votes" team in the poll. Hopefully another good weekend against Sacred Heart this weekend gets them there.

Of course, Pairwise is the only thing that matters in college hockey, and they are 9th there.

Reactions: muhmuhMatt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad