SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Maybe it's my English.
Physical is probably not the good word.
But Fleury hits hard.
fleury lucic hit - YouTube
Juulsen is tough, but clean.

Fleury can hit hard and be physical. But I doubt others players see him as a physical threat. You know if you are a forward and you see a nasty Struble/Romanov in front of you, it makes you think twice. I don't think Fleury has that effect at all.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
Fleury can hit hard and be physical. But I doubt others players see him as a physical threat. You know if you are a forward and you see a nasty Struble/Romanov in front of you, it makes you think twice. I don't think Fleury has that effect at all.

I don't know if he has this effect on players yet. But he could in the futur.
We will see in the next seasons how Fleury will develop (AHL/NHL).
If he can become a good bottom RHD that can hit a lot and hard, that would be awesome.
We need that kind of D. It's too easy to play against us.

Reactions: SOLR

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

People do think twice about going towards Fleury.

Fleury certainly made it known in his stint that he isn't afraid to throw a hit and he's solid on his skates.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
just some minor news but Team USA announced the rest of the staff for the WJC's, assuming there will be a tournament.

USA Hockey announced Wednesday that Ted Donato (Harvard), Kris Mayotte (Michigan) and Steve Miller (Ohio State) will serve as assistant coaches and Theresa Feaster (Providence) as video coach for the 2021 U.S. National Junior Team that will compete in the 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship Dec. 26, 2020 to Jan. 5, 2021 in Edmonton and Red Deer, Alberta.
The group will assist head coach Nate Leaman (Providence)

In addition, Ben Smith (USA Hockey), Ryan Martin (Detroit Red Wings) and Keith Tkachuk (St. Louis Blues) will serve as scouts and assist Vanbiesbrouck and the coaching staff in building the final roster for the team.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Fleury was pretty physical in the first half of the season, then he had a harder time to follow the pace and was less physical, but we already know he can hit like a truck and I think watching a kid like Romanov will light up his physical game again...

Reactions: jaffy27

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Fleury was pretty physical in the first half of the season, then he had a harder time to follow the pace and was less physical, but we already know he can hit like a truck and I think watching a kid like Romanov will light up his physical game again...

There is no influence like this between players. They all play their games or the coach is on their back.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Is it still the same head coach?

Let's hope they will use Caufield much better.

And we should expect Struble to get invited to camp.

Scott Sandelin (UMD) was the coach last year, his team won back to back National Championships but clearly he wasn't cut out for a short tournament like this.

Nate Leeman (Providence) is one of the top coaches in the NCAA as well, he coached former Hab draft pick Hayden Hawkey.

We know Caufield will be there, I fully expect Struble will get invited again to the summer camp if they have one and I hope he makes the team. I expect he will but need to look at the roster. I also hope that Pitlick gets invited to the summer camp if there is one. I don't know if he can make the team or not, would likely need a strong camp and good start to the season. He's also got a good coach at Minnesota next year, the same one that coached Poehling's first 2 years as SCSU.

Reactions: kevsavard95

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Today, the rights to Houde, Fonstad, McShane, have expired.

Houde, Fonstad, and McShane are eligible to re-enter the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jaffy27

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-6-3_16-43-26.png

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
damn I was hoping Pitlick would get invited.
I'm legit surprised he wasn't, he's at least as good a candidate as some of the other guys on that list. Plus, they usually like to have as many 19 year olds as possible. He was never part of the US development program, this might play against him a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
what sucks is we won't know who are upcoming prospects are by the time this tournament starts next month.

One guy I hope will be is Colangelo. But yea, the tournament will be before the draft. But he's one of the players I will be watching closer than a few others,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad