2019-2020 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I dont really see it personally since Mete is a pure north south type of puckmover while Harris is more East West... Harris has great mobility, but doesnt have Mete's elite straight line speed... Mete is extremmely strong for his size, has great gap control, defends extremely well on the rush, plays with a really high pace and is pretty sharp at everything he does... I dont see that level of sharpness and accuracy in Harris, on the other hand, Harris has better hands and is more creative in the off. zone...

Still, I like Harris alot and he sure has potential, I just think kids like Norlinder, Struble have more tools to work with going foward...

I never thought of Mete as extremely strong for his size, but Harris is so smart defensively, he plays with so much poise. Norlinder has way more offensive skills but his defensive game and IQ can't hold a candle to Harris's. His offensive game though is clearly his bread and butter. Struble isn't anywhere near where Harris was last year and that's with having a major advantage of size/strength over him. Struble's defensive game and IQ are far from Harris's but he's got the physical tools and offensive tools that Harris just doesn't have.

Harris and Mete both are undersized with great mobility, skating, both are at their best in the defensive zone, neither has a big shot but can move the puck. Both smart players at both ends. I think they are a lot a like.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
I never thought of Mete as extremely strong for his size, but Harris is so smart defensively, he plays with so much poise. Norlinder has way more offensive skills but his defensive game and IQ can't hold a candle to Harris's. His offensive game though is clearly his bread and butter. Struble isn't anywhere near where Harris was last year and that's with having a major advantage of size/strength over him. Struble's defensive game and IQ are far from Harris's but he's got the physical tools and offensive tools that Harris just doesn't have.

Harris and Mete both are undersized with great mobility, skating, both are at their best in the defensive zone, neither has a big shot but can move the puck. Both smart players at both ends. I think they are a lot a like.
Which one can play next year among our prospects D?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Which one can play next year among our prospects D?

Romanov, perhaps Brook but it's too far out to say just yet. I could see him getting games but not sure if he would be ready to play a full season. But I didn't think Fleury would be ready so we'll just have to see. I also think Harris could, not that I would want it, as I would rather not see him rushed but he's so smart and solid defensively that I do think he could handle it.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Guelph is up 2-0 on Owen Sound after one period. Hillis with an assist on both goals.

Edit: Guelph won 4-3. Hillis with 3 assists and named 2nd Star.
Gogolev with all 4 goals for Guelph. Wouldn't mind Habs taking a stab at this kid in this year's draft.

Last edited:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Hillis is a must sign. None of this is surprising to me, he needed to get healthy and he needed to get his confidence back. Now we are seeing the Hillis that I was very high on in his draft year. Those assist numbers are no mistake, he's one of the better purr playmakers I've seen from his draft class.

you definitely get kudos for sticking with him when I'd say pretty much everyone wrote him off. Including me.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
you definitely get kudos for sticking with him when I'd say pretty much everyone wrote him off. Including me.

By no means will I guarantee an NHLer here but if they do a good job with his development, I can see us getting a productive playmaker out of him. He plays a fiesty game too, people will love him when they get to see him in the AHL next year.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
By no means will I guarantee an NHLer here but if they do a good job with his development, I can see us getting a productive playmaker out of him. He plays a fiesty game too, people will love him when they get to see him in the AHL next year.

I haven't seen enough to say either way but I'm pretty sure no one on here would've even offered him a contract. Big credit it to you because I noted when you stuck to your guns with him. Respect for that.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Chicoutimi acquired felix Bibeau, Raphael Lavoie (edm) and Dawson Mercer (2020 eligible)

Houde and RHP will be well surrounded and will be early favourites for the president cup.

We'll be more than interesting to watch as habs fan.

BTW, I was very harsh on Houde but he stepped up big time since the beginning of the year, and not just stats wise, his implication, his defensive play and his speed are greatly improved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Houde's production this year is great to see. But I always thought the Habs would sign him because despite his inconsistencies last year on the score sheet, I think the Habs were high on his abilities. Just my opinion.

Not to mention Chicoutimi is going for it this year. Not only did they acquire RHP in the off-season, but they just traded for Bibeau, who won the Memorial Cup last year with RHP in Rouyn-Noranda.

But Chicoutimi will also be acquiring Raphael Lavoie from Halifax and Dawson Mercer from Drummondville.

Trades can't be confirmed at the moment with the WJC. We will get the confirmations of all the trades after the tournament.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Northeastern is up 2-0 on Dartmouth in the first period. Harris with an assist on both goals.

It doesn't seem like Struble is in the line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad