2019-2020 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Never thought I would see Olofsson get this hot. 9 pts in 11 games is crazy but when you look at him getting 1 pt in his first 15 games (SHL + Champ) it's that much more nuts. He's now tied for 8th on his team in points and is only 2 pts back of his teammate Berggren who was picked 23 spots ahead of Olofsson by the wings and is is currently tied for 2nd in the SHL in scoring for U-20 players.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
- Chicoutimi lost 2-1 to Charlottetown. Houde and RHP both with assists on the lone Chicoutimi goal.

- Everett is up 1-0 in the first period against Medicine Hat. Fonstad with an assist on the goal.

Update: Everett made it 2-0 just before the end of the period. Fonstad with an assist on the second goal, as well. It's his second multi-point game in two nights.

Updated #2: Fonstad scored his 5th of the season to make it 4-0. He now has 3 pts tonight (1G, 2A).

Last edited:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
OMG Struble just destroyed a guy with a huge bodycheck :amazed:

No clips I guess?

I feel like if Struble and Norlinder can reach their ceilings I almost wouldn't even care about the rest of our D prospects panning out. They really spiced up our already fairly decent D prospect depth. They both have to be the toolsiest out of our D prospects.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
No clips I guess?

I feel like if Struble and Norlinder can reach their ceilings I almost wouldn't even care about the rest of our D prospects panning out. They really spiced up our already fairly decent D prospect depth. They both have to be the toolsiest out of our D prospects.
Nah sorry, I was watching the game live...

Yep, Im pretty high on both, Struble has moments where he looks a bit lost in his own zone but it will come, he has some great instincts and those physical attributes you cant really teach, you have it or not... A kid like Harris does alot of good things on the ice, he is pretty smart and skates well, but I dont see great celling here, his shot isnt really a threat, he moves the puck well but isnt overly creative, doesnt have real standout skills, but he is a very good pick nonetheless for a third rounder, could become a good depth player if he improves his strength and all...

Right now I think we have 4 very solid NHL prospects on D, Norlinder, Struble, Brook and Romanov, they all have top 4 celling IMO...

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Nah sorry, I was watching the game live...

Yep, Im pretty high on both, Struble has moments where he looks a bit lost in his own zone but it will come, he has some great instincts and those physical attributes you cant really teach, you have it or not... A kid like Harris does alot of good things on the ice, he is pretty smart and skates well, but I dont see great celling here, his shot isnt really a threat, he moves the puck well but isnt overly creative, doesnt have real standout skills, but he is a very good pick nonetheless for a third rounder, could become a good depth player if he improves his strength and all...

Right now I think we have 4 very solid NHL prospects on D, Norlinder, Struble, Brook and Romanov, they all have top 4 celling IMO...

Yeah only vid watching I can't help but get Mac Bennett vibes from Harris. Seems better than Bennett but I'm not super high on him. Like what I see generally but just seems to be a little something missing.

Good to hear about Struble's instincts. Can't help but worry a bit about those guys who are just man child beasts who can physically dominate and you're wondering about the smarts. Thanks for the report!

Reactions: Goldenhands

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
- Chicoutimi lost 2-1 to Charlottetown. Houde and RHP both with assists on the lone Chicoutimi goal.

- Everett is up 1-0 in the first period against Medicine Hat. Fonstad with an assist on the goal.

Update: Everett made it 2-0 just before the end of the period. Fonstad with an assist on the second goal, as well. It's his second multi-point game in two nights.

Updated #2: Fonstad scored his 5th of the season to make it 4-0. He now has 3 pts tonight (1G, 2A).
Do you know if Houde is on a point streak or something? I feel like he has a point every game. Looks consistent, I like that.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Do you know if Houde is on a point streak or something? I feel like he has a point every game. Looks consistent, I like that.

He's on a 9-game point streak now. And in the last 12 games, he was only held off the scoresheet once.

In fact, in 30 games, he's been held off the scoresheet in four games only. So he's had at least a point in 26 of the 30 games.

Now has 40 pts in 30 GP.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He's on a 9-game point streak now. And in the last 12 games, he was only held off the scoresheet once.

In fact, in 30 games, he's been held off the scoresheet in four games only. So he's had at least a point in 26 of the 30 games.

Now has 40 pts in 30 GP.

IIRC, consistency was a big issue last year, so it's good he's been consistently getting points.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018

Now has 40 pts in 30 GP.
Thank you, that's what I thought. Very encouraging, kid has a lot of talent so if he figures it out he could turn into something good for us.

IIRC, consistency was a big issue last year, so it's good he's been consistently getting points.
Right. Last year he had hot streaks and then huge drops. It's encouraging, I'm rooting for him, un tigars d'chez nous.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
- Soo beat Mississauga 6-3. LeGuerrier with an assist.

- Guelph lost 3-1 to London. Hillis with an assist on the lone Guelph goal.

- Everett won 6-3 against Calgary. Fonstad with an assist. He ended the 3-game weekend with 7 points. After a slow start with Prince Albert, he's got 28 points in his last 18 games.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yeah only vid watching I can't help but get Mac Bennett vibes from Harris. Seems better than Bennett but I'm not super high on him. Like what I see generally but just seems to be a little something missing.

He's so far ahead of where Mac Bennett was at the same age it's not even remotely close. Bennett was in the USHL at 18 and never came close to the defensive game and smarts of Harris. I liked Bennett a lot and felt he got a raw deal by the AHL coaching staff but he was more of an offensive D that his game just didn't translate to the AHL.

But I don't know how you of all people wouldn't be high on him since he plays so much like Mete.

Reactions: WinterLion

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
He's so far ahead of where Mac Bennett was at the same age it's not even remotely close. Bennett was in the USHL at 18 and never came close to the defensive game and smarts of Harris. I liked Bennett a lot and felt he got a raw deal by the AHL coaching staff but he was more of an offensive D that his game just didn't translate to the AHL.

But I don't know how you of all people wouldn't be high on him since he plays so much like Mete.

I dont really see it personally since Mete is a pure north south type of puckmover while Harris is more East West... Harris has great mobility, but doesnt have Mete's elite straight line speed... Mete is extremmely strong for his size, has great gap control, defends extremely well on the rush, plays with a really high pace and is pretty sharp at everything he does... I dont see that level of sharpness and accuracy in Harris, on the other hand, Harris has better hands and is more creative in the off. zone...

Still, I like Harris alot and he sure has potential, I just think kids like Norlinder, Struble have more tools to work with going foward...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->