2019/2020 CFHF Optimism Thread

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Hello to my fellow Flames fans. The purpose of this thread will be to enjoy and discuss the positive aspects of the current season.

The only rule here is discussion of topics should be limited to ‘positive’ aspects of the team. Any discussion that strays from this mantra will be removed. Please feel free to have those discussions in one of the other general discussion threads.

I will get us started:

Matthew Tkachuk seems by every indication this year, to have taken yet another step forward and is turning into a legitimate elite player before our eyes. Seems like a good candidate for a future captain.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
rasmus-andersson-2020-43.jpg

Razzmatazz has already equaled his goal total from last year.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This is the annual stretch of offensive anemia we typically go through in March. Two years ago, we had a back to back where we got shutout twice, and something like 4 goals in 6 games. Last year, we didn't get shutout back to back, but we did have a similar stretch in a four game losing streak.

This year, we're getting it out of the way early. Paves the way for success down the stretch. Much better strategy on the Flames' part.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Most of you guys probably forgot we had a player like Pelletier in the system. Now that you remember him I think it's worth mentioning it's nice to know his game is designed a little around being a bag of dirt. I honestly see bits and pieces of Monahan and Tkachuk quality skills in this kid. Obviously lite version though.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Dube still looks to me like a guy that can drive possession with his speed. And we need more of that.

Rasmus has been a beauty. Probably our most consistent D imo.

Phillps and Gawdin might be players which surprises me.

Pelletier looks like a great pick

Rittich is a number 1, just gotta work out his puck handling

Reactions: InfinityIggy

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Lucic, in my opinion, has been fantastic as of late. I am not expecting .5 ppg out of this guy, but if he can put up a point every 3 games I am a happy camper.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
He’s got amazing Southern European genes. Women are kind of a mixed bag, but they do men well in that part of the world.

Sexually ;)

I saw this word and didn't notice the rest of the post because my brain went all Gene Wilder on me

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->