2019 - 2020 AUS Thread

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
U deM 7-3 over the Island.
Forby has some work too do! Up next UNB, who blew them out 11-0, the last time they met at the AUC.
UPEI 3-8-1 at home.

The boxscore has it as 7-1 (shots were 27-24 for UdeM - yup, 7 goals on 27 shots - Hofley having a tough season), but yeah, in a game where you can win and get yourself into 5th - you stink the bed and now have to play UNB before going on the road next Wednesday night to either UdeM or SMU. Not good.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I think the injuries and fatigue are catching up to them, especially Hofley. I think he has played every single minute for them this year. I wonder the last time an AUS goalie pulled off that feat??

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
So in the latest top 10 rankings the AUS has one team while Laurier (12-11-3) is ranked 7th??

Can we all agree that this new system is terrible?
Sure, there were issues with the old media-voted top-10 - some members didn't actively watch enough games, or even keep tabs on the league beyond box scores or standings. And yes, Laurier has played very well in the new year, beating some higher-ranked opponents in a pretty torrid hot streak. But, holy smokes, they are not *close* to the 7th best team in the country.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I think the injuries and fatigue are catching up to them, especially Hofley. I think he has played every single minute for them this year. I wonder the last time an AUS goalie pulled off that feat??

Matthew Mancinia is a third year goalie who played 10 games last season. For some reason he hasn't had a single start.

rethinking

Mar 4, 2013
Hollywood3 said, That's why the OHT35 exists!

I'm afraid that OHT35's rankings are also questionable. It would seem to pretty well ignore recent results ( last 10 games ) when looking at UNB, Saskatchewan and Alberta. Maybe, others disagree?

Reactions: Prov1X

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Hollywood3 said, That's why the OHT35 exists!

I'm afraid that OHT35's rankings are also questionable. It would seem to pretty well ignore recent results ( last 10 games ) when looking at UNB, Saskatchewan and Alberta. Maybe, others disagree?
All games have equal weight. It is not a "power ranking", which skews toward recent results.

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
Yowza, lots of goals scored by the winning teams tonight.

Looks like the Quarter Final matchups are set too... StFX vs UdeM and UPEI vs SMU.

Reactions: Rob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad