2019-2020 Around the League Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Donskoi kinda torched us in the playoffs last year, I think he's been extremely effective especially considering his linemates have changed a significant amount this year and acclimating to a completely different system. Was happy when he was signed.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah I like Donskoi. He seems to like playing here, too. Plus he's versatile which helps.

I don't really see that. He's not a PK guy, he's not a grinder, not physical, has okay, but not great skill... ideally not a PP guy, disappears, really only can play right wing. He's just an okay middle 6 winger that plays solid defense.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I don't really see that. He's not a PK guy, he's not a grinder, not physical, has okay, but not great skill... ideally not a PP guy, disappears, really only can play right wing. He's just an okay middle 6 winger that plays solid defense.
Yeah, and you'd like playing in Colorado too if you were from the shitkick town he's from.

Reactions: dahrougem2

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
giphy.gif

Was thinking he’s versatile because you can move him up and down the lineup and he doesn’t stand out as “bad” on any line. But yeah, he’s not an ideal PP candidate, doesn’t PK and only plays right wing. There are much more versatile dudes out there, for sure.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I don’t like this.

I’d much prefer to see Edmonton ship him off for a couple 2nd’s.

The thought of him finding his form on a wing next to McDavid and making that Oilers team better is not something that excites me.
Him being open to returning doesn't mean that he will, or that he would be a success if he did. This could very well also just be a PR move to try to boost his trade value a bit.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I don’t like this.

I’d much prefer to see Edmonton ship him off for a couple 2nd’s.

The thought of him finding his form on a wing next to McDavid and making that Oilers team better is not something that excites me.
Oh yeah, heaven forbid the Oilers find out their own top-5 draft pick isn't completely unusable after all, but rather a one-dimensional complimentary winger.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
That says to me that Pulju's value is so awful around the league that the Oilers can't trade him, so if he wants to revive his NHL career it's either Edmonton or nothing.

Reactions: LTC Pain

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That says to me that Pulju's value is so awful around the league that the Oilers can't trade him, so if he wants to revive his NHL career it's either Edmonton or nothing.
Someone will take him on, even if it's for a 2nd round pick.

What it says to me is that Ken Holland has probably told him "we aren't trading you for pennies on the dollar, it's Edmonton or Finland."

That, and he is probably watching the Oilers have success this year under a new head coach and GM and wondering if he can find that same sort of success with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad