2019-2020 - Around the League Part II (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think the Yotes are out of the playoff race or close to it . They've just been awful for such a long time now and they have played the most games in the league.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
The disrespect on the main boards for Dallas is real.
Also, Edmonton fans are delusional.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
The disrespect on the main boards for Dallas is real.
Also, Edmonton fans are delusional.
That’s typical. Dallas has a big scoring weakness and did nothing at the deadline for it. But I am not worried about the pacific division. Colorado is a bit scary if the goalie comes back healthy. St. Louis will be tough to beat but I don’t think they are the same team that on the cup. Tarasenko Is out. He was huge last year. Don’t underestimate Bouwmeester being out. Him and Parayko we’re dominant last year in the playoffs shutting teams down. Also, Binnington does not look to be on fire like he was for that run. I think they can be beat. I know we have all been saying this all year but if the top players can turn it on Dallas has a good chance to come out of the west.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
That’s typical. Dallas has a big scoring weakness and did nothing at the deadline for it. But I am not worried about the pacific division. Colorado is a bit scary if the goalie comes back healthy. St. Louis will be tough to beat but I don’t think they are the same team that on the cup. Tarasenko Is out. He was huge last year. Don’t underestimate Bouwmeester being out. Him and Parayko we’re dominant last year in the playoffs shutting teams down. Also, Binnington does not look to be on fire like he was for that run. I think they can be beat. I know we have all been saying this all year but if the top players can turn it on Dallas has a good chance to come out of the west.

Tarasenko will be back for the playoffs, by all accounts.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
It's absurdly too early to have any meaningful data about those trades, but it is an interesting stat.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean just because you make a trade doesn't mean you actually improve your team same with a free agency signing . There was alot of action at the deadline but has any team really made a move to signficantly bolster its team ? Not really . Alot of assets got spend for imho minor improvements at best.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Poor oilers. Reminds me of zucc last year , breaking his arm in his first game after the deadline .

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I mean just because you make a trade doesn't mean you actually improve your team same with a free agency signing . There was alot of action at the deadline but has any team really made a move to signficantly bolster its team ? Not really . Alot of assets got spend for imho minor improvements at best.
I agree. Bunch of names that don’t really make dramatic improvements to the new teams. That record will also change in a couple weeks cause these are good teams and they will win games.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
3-3 at the end of two and then they just fell completely apart. Rinne looks just done this year.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I was watching that Oilers game was hoping for a good game at the start of the 3rd but all of the sudden Rinne forgot how to stop the puck. Oil hopefully got all the scoring out of their system and have nothing left for tomorrow.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Josi only got a $5,000 fine for that cross check to the head while Perry got five games for his head shot :huh:

I understand an elbow is much harder than a stick, but come on

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Josi only got a $5,000 fine for that cross check to the head while Perry got five games for his head shot :huh:

I understand an elbow is much harder than a stick, but come on

Ellis had the injury to go with it cause his head hit the ice. Also reputation is important here. If Perry cross-checked Josi in the head he'd be out for the season probably

The problem I have with this is, there's extremely clear intention from Josi here. He's clearly going for the cross-check up high on Perry, if not directly targeting his head. But, DOPS has shown they're okay with this now so oh well

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Well, this is interesting. Stars play in San Jose on April 2nd so it would be San Jose's first game back technically if this doesn't get extended through April as well. They only have 3 home games for the rest of this month so

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
This is a big deal for the NHL.

I honestly would be less surprised if all games were no longer attended than if only San Jose’s are.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Taylor Hall has no idea how to play 5-on-5 hockey

Not much different from Duchene

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
It would seem improbable that the NHL will continue. I'm surprised NBA didn't give chance for playing with empty arenas, but they have a player that tested positive so what could they do?

It's a conversation that likely would get out of hand and doesn't belong on a hockey forum so I'll just say I'm glad it seems like people are just making the best decisions they can to keep everyone safe, and selfishly, hockey has been a nice distraction. I was hoping the empty arena solution would work, and who knows ... maybe they league will give it a shot. If that's not the safest or best option ... I totally get that.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yeah this season is not going to the played out anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad