2019-2020 - Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Deadline shows once again will pretty much have no deals left to talk about.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
John Buccigross has an article on ESPN ranking the top-20 American players. Discuss, if you care to do so. (Is this even the right forum? EDIT: Moderator, can you please move it if it isn't?)

Personally, I'm okay with Kane at the top; I think he might truly be the best American player ever, even though his total career numbers aren't quite at Modano's level (yet). However, I'm perplexed that he has (the immensely talented) Matthews already at #2. Seems waaaaaaay too premature to do that, doesn't it?

Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 10.00.21 AM.png

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Nevermind the fact that Chelios is in that conversation for #1too, Matthew's doesn't belong above him or MO yet

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm fine with Kane's placement (Modano is my fav player). I wouldn't rank Matthews that high already. And no John, he will not be scoring 700 goals.

The overall list isn't horrible. Mark Howe is waaaaaaaaaaaay too low though. Behind Carlson lmao.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Nevermind the fact that Chelios is in that conversation for #1too, Matthew's doesn't belong above him or MO yet

No joke. He's a great candidate for #1.

I'm fine with Kane's placement (Modano is my fav player). I wouldn't rank Matthews that high already. And no John, he will not be scoring 700 goals.

The overall list isn't horrible. Mark Howe is waaaaaaaaaaaay too low though. Behind Carlson lmao.

Yeah, that's a pretty huge projection (700 goals) for someone who's played less than 300 NHL games.

The list has too much recency bias.

Yeah, I think you're bang on. That's a big problem in the list.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Perry was suspended for a while, meaning it obviously wasn’t a hockey play...

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
I don’t think the hit was as bad as seemed. Not sure if Ellis really lost balance or tried a bit of a dive. If his face did not hit the ice then he would not have had the concussion.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
I'd definitely say Leetch, Chelios and Joe Mullen should be higher and there's a debate for someone like Howe as well. Matthews is too high for what he's accomplished to date - and, personally, I'm not convinced I take him over Eichel now.

Kane is an amazing talent, but I also think Modano might have been more complete.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

This is slightly alarming. They were apparently very much in on Kreider, and the other team that was mentioned frequently was Colorado.

Definitely not interested in seeing Kreider land in Colorado ...

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Andy is really dialed in, and he mentioned this earlier this morning. There were reports in the past month that Anaheim would take cap dumps. I wonder if these could be tied in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->