2019-2020 - Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Andy Greene to the Islanders and now it looks like Blake Coleman is being held from practice/games. Devils making some moves.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Simmonds get moved too.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
With the limited assets the Stars have there's no we are doing anything early. It'll be something happenening very late for barely anything if Stars do something. With Johns back the need for defenseman imho is now not there anymore and the "expendable" forwards have been playing very well .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Would easily trade janmark + first round pick for Colman

No . Coleman is just another Dzingel or Pageau . Guy in his late twenties who suddenly puts up good numbers. I don't trust numbers from bad teams.

His contract is cheap but i don't trust he would be any good if you moved him out of his comfort zone.

Hell Janmark had almost 20 goals twice before. I don't trust that Colemans numbers would be any better here. That certainly is not worth a 1st rounder and especially not in a very strong draft like this year. Only way i'm moving the 1st this is a superstar . I mean we didn't trade a first for Zucc last year and he is a much better player than Coleman is.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016

I don't like that trade for Tampa. This also confirms Stars are only getting scraps at best because those prices are insane.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Not to mention Stars are best in league since bad start, offer picking up, etc. Easy to say they dont need anything. Janny for Coleman would have been lateral at best, maybe less chemistry etc.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

I don't like that trade for Tampa. This also confirms Stars are only getting scraps at best because those prices are insane.

Prices tend to go down the closer you get to the deadline. If the other team isn't wowed by the offer, there's no reason for them to pull the trigger early. I think it's also harder to judge when term is involved.

That said, Greene's value is mildly concerning as a rental.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Not to mention Stars are best in league since bad start, offer picking up, etc. Easy to say they dont need anything. Janny for Coleman would have been lateral at best, maybe less chemistry etc.
I agree the price would have been too steep for Coleman. However I disagree that Janmark for Coleman would have been a lateral move. Coleman is $0.5M cheaper, signed for another year, has 20+ goals already, and 10 more points than Janmark. But, again, not enough of an upgrade to give up a 1st IMHO.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I agree the price would have been too steep for Coleman. However I disagree that Janmark for Coleman would have been a lateral move. Coleman is $0.5M cheaper, signed for another year, has 20+ goals already, and 10 more points than Janmark. But, again, not enough of an upgrade to give up a 1st IMHO.

Yeah but i don't neccessarily see Coleman for another year as a positive. Stars have some young guys knocking on the door and Janny beeing UFA helps with that.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Yeah but i don't neccessarily see Coleman for another year as a positive. Stars have some young guys knocking on the door and Janny beeing UFA helps with that.
That I definitely agree with. There are young guys who need to make this team next year, and that leaves little room for pending UFAs.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Apparently the package was a 2nd and a prospect as suspected. Rather than retain salary, a salary dump is coming.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Less than Coleman got

UFA vs another year . Its why its a 1st and not a 2nd .

By the way this again showed why i doubt Stars can do anything of notice. Teams will want 2020 picks and we only have the first and late picks since 2nd and 3rd are elsewhere.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
8 weeks means he’s gone for the start of the playoffs.

Makes me wonder if Colorado tries to add some big salary now.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
8 weeks means he’s gone for the start of the playoffs.

Makes me wonder if Colorado tries to add some big salary now.

Avs already had like $30 Million in deadline capspace because they still still are $7-8 million below the cap not sure moneywise this changes much.

It probably increases their need for a player though .

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm gonna predict that the Avs go after Kreider...and probably get him. If not then I think he's going to STL even though I think they get Tarasenko back soon. Will be interesting to see if the Blues try and replace Bouwmeester too though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad