2019-20 UEFA Europa League

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
United have taken most of their u23 squad to Kazakhstan to play Astana. The only senior players that traveled are Grant, Tuanzebe, Shaw and Lingard. Makes sense having already qualified, the travel time and Villa on Sunday.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
United have taken most of their u23 squad to Kazakhstan to play Astana. The only senior players that traveled are Grant, Tuanzebe, Shaw and Lingard. Makes sense having already qualified, the travel time and Villa on Sunday.
Aren’t the only non-Academy players in the 11 Shaw and Grant? And all of their bench academy players? This is looking real quick when I first woke up so I could be wrong.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Why? They didn’t play anywhere close to their full squad. Only 3 of those players will come close to playing regularly this season. The game literally did not matter.

Where's your sense of pride? You lost to a team from Kazakhstan. A team most where most people haven't heard of. Who cares if it's your B or C team. I'd be completely mortified if Juve had lost that game. Last year, Juve played against Young Boys in the Champions League. I was proudly wearing my jersey to work that day. I was watching the game. I put on and zipped up my hoodie all way to the top because too embarrassed.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Where's your sense of pride? You lost to a team from Kazakhstan. A team most where most people haven't heard of. Who cares if it's your B or C team. I'd be completely mortified if Juve had lost that game. Last year, Juve played against Young Boys in the Champions League. I was proudly wearing my jersey to work that day. I was watching the game. I put on and zipped up my hoodie all way to the top because too embarrassed.
Because it literally doesn’t matter. This game has the same meaning as a preseason game. It wasn’t our B or C teams it was like our F team. If it wasn’t for Grant the average age would have been like 18-19. This game literally did not matter in the slightest. It was just to get the young guys experience.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Aren’t the only non-Academy players in the 11 Shaw and Grant? And all of their bench academy players? This is looking real quick when I first woke up so I could be wrong.

Yeah 9/11 starters were academy graduates and all of the bench. Played well in the first half, started great dominating possession and getting a goal. Sat back a little after that. Chong missed an open goal to make it 2-0 then Astana score 30 seconds later. Really poor miss. Then a lucky deflection to win it.

Thought Laird, Garner and Levitt stood out. Chong was poor again. Greenwood and Gomes forced their keeper into making good saves.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If my local team beat Man United I wouldn't give a **** who they put on the field, that's a scalp you don't get every day
Yeah I agree. Astana should be happy and proud. Doesn’t mean United should be ashamed. Same way they should be proud if they won a preseason game against them.
Yeah 9/11 starters were academy graduates and all of the bench. Played well in the first half, started great dominating possession and getting a goal. Sat back a little after that. Chong missed an open goal to make it 2-0 then Astana score 30 seconds later. Really poor miss. Then a lucky deflection to win it.

Thought Laird, Garner and Levitt stood out. Chong was poor again. Greenwood and Gomes forced their keeper into making good saves.
Chong has never impressed me. I think he will be a good player for a bottom table club.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yeah I agree. Astana should be happy and proud. Doesn’t mean United should be ashamed. Same way they should be proud if they won a preseason game against them.

Chong has never impressed me. I think he will be a good player for a bottom table club.

He’s played really well with the youth teams, but any time I’ve seen him in the senior squad he’s been mediocre at best.

Even ignoring his miss today, he was probably the most irrelevant of the attackers.

Reactions: Gecklund

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Please get David Luiz off the pitch, dude is playing with fire there, who knows what kind of injury that is, if it was an even injury,
sure he hit his chest but still... always fear the worst after that kind of thing, or maybe i'm over reacting.

Reactions: AB13

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Group G
Everything still possible in this group, nobody are through or out at this point. Leaders Rangers (8 pts) face Young Boys (7 pts) at home and just need to avoid a loss. Porto (7 pts) are at home against Feyenoord (5 pts). Porto owns the head to head tiebreaker against Young Boys. Rangers own the head to head tiebreaker against Feyenoord.

Group H
Espanyol have won the group. CSKA Moscow are eliminated.
Ludogorets hosts Ferencvaros on the final matchday and just need to avoid a loss to go through.

Group I
Gent and Wolfsburg are through. Gent host Olexandriya, Wolfsburg host Saint-Etienne on the final matchday. Gent owns the head to head tiebreaker over Wolfsburg.

Group J
Wolfsberger are eliminated.
Mönchengladbach (8 pts) host Basaksehir (7 pts), while Roma (8 pts) host Wolfsberger on MD6.
Roma own the head to head tiebreaker over Basaksehir should both teams finish on 8 points.
If Gladbach and Roma both lose and finish on 8 points, then Gladbach goes through with a better H2H result against Roma.

Group K
Braga and Wolves are through.
On MD6 Braga travel to Slovan Bratislava while Wolves host Besiktas. Braga wins the group with an equal or better result than Wolves.

Group L
Man Utd and AZ are through, and will meet in Manchester on MD6. AZ needs a win to top the group.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Group G
Everything still possible in this group, nobody are through or out at this point. Leaders Rangers (8 pts) face Young Boys (7 pts) at home and just need to avoid a loss. Porto (7 pts) are at home against Feyenoord (5 pts). Porto owns the head to head tiebreaker against Young Boys. Rangers own the head to head tiebreaker against Feyenoord.

Group H
Espanyol have won the group. CSKA Moscow are eliminated.
Ludogorets hosts Ferencvaros on the final matchday and just need to avoid a loss to go through.

Group I
Gent and Wolfsburg are through. Gent host Olexandriya, Wolfsburg host Saint-Etienne on the final matchday. Gent owns the head to head tiebreaker over Wolfsburg.

Group J
Wolfsberger are eliminated.
Mönchengladbach (8 pts) host Basaksehir (7 pts), while Roma (8 pts) host Wolfsberger on MD6.
Roma own the head to head tiebreaker over Basaksehir should both teams finish on 8 points.
If Gladbach and Roma both lose and finish on 8 points, then Gladbach goes through with a better H2H result against Roma.

Group K
Braga and Wolves are through.
On MD6 Braga travel to Slovan Bratislava while Wolves host Besiktas. Braga wins the group with an equal or better result than Wolves.

Group L
Man Utd and AZ are through, and will meet in Manchester on MD6. AZ needs a win to top the group.

How are ManU & AZ trough? Partizan can still pass ManU, no?....oh..... AZ leveled.... scored 2 goals in 4 minutes...
last time i checked, (at 85 minutes or so), Partizan led 2 zip

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->