GDT: 2019-20 Training Camp and Preseason Thread

Which addition are you most looking forward to?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I saw Rosen back in Sweden quite a bit and unless he has improved a lot in the Marlies I doubt he will do much of a difference (despite a decent camp).

His SHL years took him to the Swedish national team, not bad considering Sweden have lots of really good d-men.

Rosen was scoring almost 1 point/game for the Marlies, not really sure what more he has to do to get an honest chance in the NHL?

I do agree that being 7th D is not optimal for a player like Rosen and Barbs is probably better in playing a stay at home type of defensive game comparing to Rosen.

We'll see what happens, the competition among d-men in Colorado is very, very tough. As long as Rosén get an honest chance in the NHL (he has earned it) then I will not cry if he gets traded later on. I don't want to see him in SHL, KHL or Switzerland yet though (I would really hate that).

Last edited:

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
His SHL years took him to the Swedish national team, not bad considering Sweden have lots of really good d-men.

Rosen was scoring almost 1 point/game for the Marlies, not really sure what more he has to do to get an honest chance in the NHL?

I do agree that being 7th D is not optimal for a player like Rosen and Barbs is probably better in playing a stay at home type of defensive game comparing to Rosen.

We'll see what happens, the completion among d-men in Colorado is very, very tough. As long as Rosén get an honest chance in the NHL (he has earned it) then I will not cry if he gets traded later on.

He has skills and talent for sure, but a lot of players get called up to the national team, so that doesn't mean you are an NHL player. If we compare with Barbs, then he also has similar AHL seasons, so my point is that I'm not sure Rosén is an upgrade. He might turn out to be a decent NHL player, but think it would be more likely elsewhere than Colorado.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Nice to not really care about the Sens. They can win or lose tonight, don't care.

I’m actually going to miss following that dumpster fire. Watching and staunchly rooting against them was a blast last year. I even debated/looked into betting on the under for the Sens points/wins this year just to keep that going.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I’m actually going to miss following that dumpster fire. Watching and staunchly rooting against them was a blast last year. I even debated/looked into betting on the under for the Sens points/wins this year just to keep that going.

I'll be rooting for Ottawa going forward. That franchise did so much for us, and I feel bad for their fans.

I mean.. Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver are on my hate list from years ago. Winnipeg is in our Division. So they can all burn.

Montreal has the Roy connection, and now Ottawa has that trade connection. So I'll always have a soft spot for both teams.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
I'll be rooting for Ottawa going forward. That franchise did so much for us, and I feel bad for their fans.

I mean.. Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver are on my hate list from years ago. Winnipeg is in our Division. So they can all burn.

Montreal has the Roy connection, and now Ottawa has that trade connection.

Look I feel badly for Sens fans, but don’t really care whether the team succeeds or not. And despite their awful management, they still aren’t even the most (or second most) tortured team/fan base (lookin at you AZ and FLA). So while I appreciate the trade, it certainly wasn’t altruistic and they would’ve f***ed us over given the opportunity.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Montreal has the Roy connection, and now Ottawa has that trade connection. So I'll always have a soft spot for both teams.
Same. I want nothing but good things for the Sens fans. They deserve good things.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Look I feel badly for Sens fans, but don’t really care whether the team succeeds or not. And despite their awful management, they still aren’t even the most (or second most) tortured team/fan base (lookin at you AZ and FLA). So while I appreciate the trade, it certainly wasn’t altruistic and they would’ve ****ed us over given the opportunity.

I'd say you have to have a fan base for it to be tortured lol.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

I can't help but notice you didn't mention MIN on your hate list. You are dead to me.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Kerfoot will definitely light it up tonight. He’s had quick starts both seasons. It’ll be a few weeks before he sucks.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019

TSN's consensus predictions have the Avs losing to Vegas in the WCF. They also have MacKinnon winning the Hart and Makar winning the Calder.

Anyone else think Vegas is being a little overhyped this year? Don’t get me wrong they’re a good team, but I don’t think they’re anything special.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Anyone else think Vegas is being a little overhyped this year? Don’t get me wrong they’re a good team, but I don’t think they’re anything special.

Same here... defensive depth is a huge issue (Jon Merrill is their 4th best defensemen) and if age catches up with the Flower, they could be in real trouble.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Great forward core. Their defense doesn't instill a lot of confidence though, even if Schmidt and Theodore are nice players.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I don't. I think they have a real good shot of being top 5 in the league. They will have a chip on their shoulder after how last season ended too.

But it all depends on MAF for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad