Speculation: 2019-20 Trade thread (NOT Tank Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If cap hit is staying the same for next 3 years, we should make a offer for nylander, leafs need to free up cap and/or use that much cap space wiser

during the next 2 off seasons

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckRogers10

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If cap hit is staying the same for next 3 years, we should make a offer for nylander, leafs need to free up cap and/or use that much cap space wiser

Based solely off this season I think they may be more inclined to move Marner than Nylander if push came to shove and they had to move one of the three young forwards. Nylander was a 37 goal, 71 point pace at just under $7M where as Marner was a 22 goal, 93 point player for just under $11M.

Marner is definitely the better player of the two but value for money wise based off last season Nylander provides more. Marner has the second highest cap hit in the league among wingers, more than Kane and Kucherov. It's amazing how bent over Dubas got by the Marner camp.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
What are our thoughts on trying to re-acquire Perron? I tend to think we need another Veteran RW at this point.

Perron was great in Anaheim and still is great. However, Ducks aren't competing for awhile and I don't see a reason to add a player like Perron. He'll probably be on the downside of his career when Ducks are competetive team again, so I would rather not use pieces to get him 'cos those pieces would have to be picks and prospects, and Ducks need them now more than a veteran player.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Based solely off this season I think they may be more inclined to move Marner than Nylander if push came to shove and they had to move one of the three young forwards. Nylander was a 37 goal, 71 point pace at just under $7M where as Marner was a 22 goal, 93 point player for just under $11M.

Marner is definitely the better player of the two but value for money wise based off last season Nylander provides more. Marner has the second highest cap hit in the league among wingers, more than Kane and Kucherov. It's amazing how bent over Dubas got by the Marner camp.
That’s a good point, I just don’t think many people will be buyin on the marner contract. Great player but no one is going to do them any favors in a trade for him at this time.

No way they will be able to resign Andersen and Reilly and ice a good team with those contracts. He’ll they have to start looking at making room for Matthews too

Reactions: Paul4587

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Perron was great in Anaheim and still is great. However, Ducks aren't competing for awhile and I don't see a reason to add a player like Perron. He'll probably be on the downside of his career when Ducks are competetive team again, so I would rather not use pieces to get him 'cos those pieces would have to be picks and prospects, and Ducks need them now more than a veteran player.

I tend to agree with this. However, if we can add a player "like" Perron, who can give us a little punch in the top 6, for peanuts, due to cap issues, I am all for it.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I tend to agree with this. However, if we can add a player "like" Perron, who can give us a little punch in the top 6, for peanuts, due to cap issues, I am all for it.
Meh we got toP 9 wingers, we need top line guys... only wingers I’d make a move for Is a legit top line guy.

Reactions: dracom and Rasp

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA

Meh we got toP 9 wingers, we need top line guys... only wingers I’d make a move for Is a legit top line guy.
while I understand this thought process I don't think I agree. Based on Points per game Perron ranks number 49 in the league for forwards who played over 30 games last season. He's not a super star but he is producing at top line level. I also think we need another vet to help shelter the kids more. BM spoke about leaving Eakins high and dry and that we had too much inexperience in the lineup. Adding another forward with known chemistry can help stabilize and hopefully help bring more consistency to the lineup.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California

Nylander is definitely the type of player the Ducks need right now and in the future.

Trade #1: Manson+ for Nylander
Trade #2: Rakell+ for Top 4 D (Manson replacement)
Draft: Drysdale

I'm bad at balancing out trades but the core players are included. Top 4 is Lindholm, Fowler, Gudbranson, and Trade. Zegras and Nylander are first line duo with Drysdale and Lindholm top pairing D. Will never happen but one can dream.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Nylander is definitely the type of player the Ducks need right now and in the future.

Trade #1: Manson+ for Nylander
Trade #2: Rakell+ for Top 4 D (Manson replacement)
Draft: Drysdale

I'm bad at balancing out trades but the core players are included. Top 4 is Lindholm, Fowler, Gudbranson, and Trade. Zegras and Nylander are first line duo with Drysdale and Lindholm top pairing D. Will never happen but one can dream.

ya I was thinking something like
Rakell + gudbranson (prob another piece)for nylander... and draft drysdale. Something like in 2 years. Move Henrique for pick prospects to keep pool strong

comtois zegras nylander
Heinen steel silfverberg
Milano Getz terry
Deslaurius groulx Jones Sherwood etc

lindholm Manson
Fowler drysdale
Djoos whoever.

Last edited:

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
ya I was thinking something like
Rakell + gudbranson (prob another piece)for nylander... and draft drysdale. Something like in 2 years. Move Henrique for pick prospects to keep pool strong

comtois zegras nylander
Heinen steel silfverberg
Milano Getz terry
Deslaurius groulx Jones Sherwood etc

lindholm Manson
Fowler drysdale
Djoos whoever.
I thought we traded Manson for Nylander in this scenario? I don't hate the idea. But I'd want to identify the D target before we moved Manson. Not to mention Tor fans will say they wont even give kappanen for Manson now let alone Nylander. Though I tend to agree that would be the deal the Ducks are looking for.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The ducks need someone better than Nylander

he ain’t a franchise player. I’ve defended him in the past when people said he didn’t deserve the contract but I’m not sold he’s more than a 70 point winger. Very good but great? Meh

I’d rather say f*** it and get Marner or someone else who is a guaranteed franchise player. Ducks are going to have a ton of money to spend once Getzlaf Perry and Kesler are gone

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The ducks need someone better than Nylander

he ain’t a franchise player. I’ve defended him in the past when people said he didn’t deserve the contract but I’m not sold he’s more than a 70 point winger. Very good but great? Meh

I’d rather say f*** it and get Marner or someone else who is a guaranteed franchise player. Ducks are going to have a ton of money to spend once Getzlaf Perry and Kesler are gone

I could see that and wouldn’t mind it.... ideally in a scenario where leafs trying to clear up cap and send marner out west.
Marner and zegras as our play makers would be pretty nice

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
Trade for Marner not Nylander, we need the best player, not the one on the better contract. We will have money, we dont have all stars

We would have to give up Rakell for sure, and maybe Rakell and Manson. We might get away with Rakell, prospect and draft pick.

We have enough to fill out the top 6 with youngsters. I personally feel Terry is going to turn into a 30 goal scorer, and Comtois has the potential as well.

Could even go with this line up
Rico-Getz-Marner
Comtois-Steel-Terry
Heinen-Backes-Silf
Jones-Rowney-Deslauries

Fowler - gudbanson
Lindholm-Larsson
And two more guys

Last edited:

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Trade for Marner not Nylander, we need the best player, not the one on the better contract. We will have money, we dont have all stars

We would have to give up Rakell for sure, and maybe Rakell and Manson. We might get away with Rakell, prospect and draft pick.

We have enough to fill out the top 6 with youngsters. I personally feel Terry is going to turn into a 30 goal scorer, and Comtois has the potential as well.

Rico-Getz-Marner
Comtois-Steel-Terry
Heinen-Backes-Silf
Jones-Rowney-Deslauries

Fowler - gudbanson
Lindholm-Larsson
And two more guys
Tor Fans think Nylander is worth Rakell 50% retained and Manson, No way they think we'd get Marner for Less.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

Rico-Getz-Marner
Comtois-Steel-Terry
Heinen-Backes-Silf
Jones-Rowney-Deslauries

Fowler - gudbanson
Lindholm-Larsson
And two more guys
Bruh Toronto is not trading Marner

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Out of curiosity, what's your needs a surpluses, and how bad is the cap situation?

I saw they've got about $5M going into next year with several open roster spots, but no major FAs.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Out of curiosity, what's your needs a surpluses, and how bad is the cap situation?

I saw they've got about $5M going into next year with several open roster spots, but no major FAs.

Needs are talent at any position, preferably forward. We have a surplus of young fringe AHL/NHL dmen with potential (Larsson, Guhle, Mahura) and middle 6 forward prospects.

The cap situation is actually fine, we won’t be spending anything in free agency this offseason so will get through next year and should have plenty of room to play with once Perry’s big buyout number is gone and Getz is on a cheaper deal.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would you guys make a play for boeser?

Rakell + for boeser...

I feel like boeser would be a great fit with comtois and zegras

Reactions: Deuce22

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Would you guys make a play for boeser?

Rakell + for boeser...

I feel like boeser would be a great fit with comtois and zegras

Recognizing the decline in Rakell's play, Is Boeser really an upgrade (particularly given the contracts and Boeser's injury history)? Boeser has never scored 30 goals and has pretty similar point production to Rakell - particularly if you adjust for the fact the Ducks are bad. And I'm genuinely asking this - because I'm not super familiar with Boeser other than the hype seems to exceed the production.

I'd take Boeser for sure - seems like a fine player. But I can't help but feels he's being overrated here and on the main board. But I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad