Speculation: 2019-20 Trade thread (NOT Tank Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
No interest in Subban. He is 31 already. The guy is gonna be getting up there by the time the Ducks are good again. Not to mention the drop in his play recently...

Doesn't Gostisbehere play on the left?

I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole and I doubt Florida has any interest.
Assuming Rakell has mid 1st + good prospect value it works out to this.

Lindholm
31st
Good prospect
Larsson/prospect

for

Ekblad

Ya that doesn't seem like a good deal to me.

I’m just looking into what can help our PP and poor offense. We sorely lack a premier finisher and offensive QB (Cam isn’t aggressive enough). We really need to hit the jackpot and get Lafreniere, or at the very least Drysdale.

Ekblad would probably need a return of both Rakell and Hampus.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
What would you guys be willing to trade to the Jest for Patrik Laine?

Not what the Jets would be looking for. Unfortunately, the Ducks don't really have the depth to add around him without gutting themselves in the trade. The pieces that would be available likely wouldn't get him if the Ducks made an offer. The Ducks should probably build around Gibson, Lindholm, Zegras, and whoever they get with the 1st this year (and some of the young guys like Steel, Terry, Comtois). I seriously doubt a package with the main pieces being from Rakell/Fowler/Bos 1st/Manson would interest Winnipeg enough to trade Laine. As much as the Ducks would love to have a goal scorer like that, they just don't have the pieces they should be trading at this point.

Reactions: Easternbull

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
I’m starting to see trade proposals where other fan say Manson’s two years remaining isn’t enough term, but Henrique’s 5 years is two years too many and therefore valueless. Does that mean that only contracts with 3 years have any value around the league? Fans be crazy sometimes.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I was looking at trades with teams in the east, would you guys pull the trigger for these rebuild ideas? Would this help us in the long run?

Scenario 1: Rakell, Larsson, Backes, 1st (31st) for Subban, Ty Smith, Woods, 1st (17th)
-This saves NJD nearly 3.5 million next season, and rids themselves of Subban and Wood's disappointing contracts, and adds to their offense. They get to reallocate money for another defenseman that can fit better than Subban did last year. Ducks get futures with Ty and move up with their second 1st round pick while getting veteran depth. Ducks have cap space while not competing so they can take on more salary, like half of Backes' $4.5M contract, maybe saving NJD nearly 6 million next season. Maybe Subban can turn it around, or his contract would be an enormous albatross for three seasons during the rebuild... that's the gamble. Would the futures be worth it?

Scenario 2: Henrique for Gostisbehere
-Gives the Ducks a PP QB and opportunities for our prospects, he is also younger and on a cheaper contract. I just see Henrique in a Flyer uniform and it seems like they aren't utilizing Ghost as much because they have Provorov and other upcoming prospects. I think we would be selling Henrique high as I don't think he will perform as well as he did this year.

Scenario 3: Rakell, Lindholm, Larsson/prospect, 1st (31st) for Ekblad, 1st (14th)
- I doubt Florida trades Ekblad, but it sounds like Florida might be willing to rebuild after under performing this season (I didnt realize that they had so many NTC contracts). I don't think fans from either side would think this is fair and would want more. Ekblad would give the ducks a #1 dman that would be a legit triggerman that can finally improve the power play. Lindholm would help Florida shut down other teams and help them win more consistently, and Rakell is the adder to get someone like Ekblad, but the Ducks can maybe move up to get a better prospect moving up in the draft. Ekblad is also younger than Rakell and Lindholm by 2/3 years so he fits our rebuild time table.
I wouldn't do the first or third and the Flyers wouldn't do the second

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I will say, however, that if Manson is traded at the next TDL he would be very nearly the same age as Muzzin was when he was traded to Toronto.

Yeah I think there would be a quite a difference in value between if we deal him this offseason and at the deadline. 1/3 of his remaining term would be essentially used up by then.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wouldn't do the first or third and the Flyers wouldn't do the second
1... I feel like devils would pass on
2... I don’t think flyers would want anything to do with henriques contract nor do they really need centers
3.... I think both teams pass on that

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
In my opinion, Anaheim stands to benefit from a 24-team playoffs. Our season will obviously be finished, but 8 more teams than usual will get a taste of the post-season. Seeds 9-12 in the East are Columbus, Florida, New York Rangers, and Montreal. Any one of those teams going on a run might embolden their GM to double down on their current core and seek to add to it in the offseason. From a sellers' perspective, Anaheim could benefit from this irregular setup.

Neither of Montreal beating Pittsburgh nor Florida beating the Islanders would surprise me. GMBM has well known relationships with Bergevin and Tallon, both of whom could have interest in our LHDs and/or forwards.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I disagree. There are huge advantages to having a player on 1 October as opposed to 25 February. Adjusting to a new system, new teammates and a new city are things that often take time.

There are some advantages to acquiring at the trade deadline. Most notably, the amount of salary you need to take on is lower due to proration and the team usually has a better idea of its cap situation and needs.

For the team trading the player, obviously there are more teams "in the market of buyers" during the offseason. I think this applies mostly when the player has 2 or more years of term yet - otherwise its a rental type of deal in any event.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
According to LeBrun, we are free to trade with the other 6 eliminated teams. Wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens, but still interesting.
Teams are always allowed to trade after the trade deadline. They're just not eligible for the playoffs if I recall correctly. Most teams don't just because its a smaller group of teams so its harder to create bidding wars.

Reactions: Getz2noone

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Eichel mad, lets go all in

Would a trio of Swedes Hampus, Rakell, Lundy be enough? If so, pull the f.... trigger! It's alot of assets, but at 23, hes a better fit for our rebuild even though he is poor on faceoffs like Getz was in his youth. Maybe even swap Hampus for Gibby if thats what it takes. I think our team can find another good goalie during the rebuild, maybe in Dostal.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Would a trio of Swedes Hampus, Rakell, Lundy be enough? If so, pull the f.... trigger! It's alot of assets, but at 23, hes a better fit for our rebuild even though he is poor on faceoffs like Getz was in his youth. Maybe even swap Hampus for Gibby if thats what it takes. I think our team can find another good goalie during the rebuild, maybe in Dostal.
any Eichel trade would start with Zegras. Eichel would be a great add, but as we've seen in Buffalo, you need more than just him to be competitive; so moving out Lindholm or Gibson just means Eichel moves from one bad team to another.

Reactions: Dmang714

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
any Eichel trade would start with Zegras. Eichel would be a great add, but as we've seen in Buffalo, you need more than just him to be competitive; so moving out Lindholm or Gibson just means Eichel moves from one bad team to another.

I agree that it’s just a swap but eichel is about 3 years younger and would be a boost in offense which we sorely need. You wouldn’t include Zegras as he’s going to be the bridge for the rebuild as you need cheap high end talent. I’m not sure many teams would be able to match an offer of Hampus/Gibby and Rakell. Recent trades returns for stars haven’t been all that amazing. Losing Hampus would be a big loss as defensive guys like him help win games, but right now we need offense and chemistry. The hope would be that we could sign cheaper shutdown guys like an Edmundson. You don’t really see offensive free agents on par to an Eichel available unless they are super old or need Panarin type of money.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Buffalo would be insane to move him got anything less then a crazy offer.

Lindholm Zegras 2020 1st 2021 1st

I would do something around Rakell Zegras and 1st. And Buffalo fans would laugh at it.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Buffalo would be insane to move him got anything less then a crazy offer.

Lindholm Zegras 2020 1st 2021 1st

I would do something around Rakell Zegras and 1st. And Buffalo fans would laugh at it.

Yeah, it would only happen if Eichel forces a trade. I wouldn’t offer what Buffalo would expect to receive and they are in no rush for at least a few more seasons.

I feel bad for Eichel... amazing careers happen when you go to a good organization. Buffalo is like the Cleveland Browns of hockey. Wouldn’t be surprised if Connor forces a trade too if Edmonton doesn’t make the playoffs next season.

I guess our Ducks need to go the Avalanche/Senators route and just accumulate prospects which is going to take forever...

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Personally bid trade zegras plus for Eichel in a heartbeat

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
It isn't happening. They would probably get a better offer then the Ducks can do, and the Ducks are not an Eichel away from competing. Not to mention the holes a deal would create.

Reactions: dracom

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Never going to happen but having Eichel and Gibson to build around would be awesome.

That being said there is nothing on our roster except Gibson who could get a deal done. If they wanted to accept Zegras and Rakell I would pull the trigger in a heartbeat but that wouldn’t be nearly enough.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I would give up Zegras and Lindholm in a package for Eichel easy. He's 23 and a top 5 center in the league. If you think that's available you go for it.

Reactions: robbieboy3686
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->