Prospect Info: 2019-20 Syracuse Crunch & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I forgot Archambault had rights with Allen (I was not expecting him to come to Orlando at all)

By itself, this is a rough deal, but acceptable. Jardine rights are whatever, but Boutet is only on an AHL PTO and Gogol seemed to be fitting in as a needed veteran presence.

My initial reaction was a bit more negative to learning of this. The minor league perspective is a bit different. OSB could trade two of its leadership group (although something does need to change), somebody in Syracuse stubs a toe tomorrow, they recall Archambault again to be a healthy scratch, and OSB is left holding the bag.

If Archambault is only down in Orlando to get his confidence back, he could be back in Syracuse after like 3 games. High price to pay.

Especially when the price on a similarly skilled player, Hunter Fejes, was so low. A reserve level player, Michael Turner. Chris Francis, who was collected as future considerations to someone else who never played for us, and then flipped, and JC Campagna. The only guy who sort of hurt to lose, but we also needed goal scoring badly at that point and he was an assist man.

Last edited:

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Does Verhaeghe get a cup of coffee? He's leading the Crunch in points and has had 12 multi-point games which matches Jospeh's that led the team last year.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

I'm pretty sure Orlando only has one LHD now with Mike Monfredo. Kevin Lohan has been playing LD, which is serviceable since he doesn't provide offense, but we sort of need a guy to split up Brodzinski and Donaghey, where the one who switches sides seems to suffer.

edit: BOTH Donaghey and Brodzinski recalled to SJ Barracuda.
giphy.gif

better be their halfway evaluations. Except, y'know, this could have been scheduled for some off-days.

Losing 3 d-men in 2 days to call-ups. This is ECHL life.

Last edited:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Does Verhaeghe get a cup of coffee? He's leading the Crunch in points and has had 12 multi-point games which matches Jospeh's that led the team last year.
He might but comparing him to Joseph is a mistake. I like Verhaeghe but his defense is average at best and he seems to be a classic tweener. You could tell early last year that Joseph had a future in the NHL.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
He might but comparing him to Joseph is a mistake. I like Verhaeghe but his defense is average at best and he seems to be a classic tweener. You could tell early last year that Joseph had a future in the NHL.

I was figuring Verhaeghe was kind of in the mold of Danick Martel, but I've only seen a very small sample size of each. You have obviously seen way more than me. Does that sound accurate at all?

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
I was only comparing his multi point games to Joseph.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I was figuring Verhaeghe was kind of in the mold of Danick Martel, but I've only seen a very small sample size of each. You have obviously seen way more than me. Does that sound accurate at all?
Completely different style players. I am not convinced that Verhaeghe is capable of making plays at a high speed, which is the real difference IMO between the AHL and the NHL. Joseph always played like the AHL was actually slowing him down, I see the same with Conacher down here. Martel plays quick I'm just not convinced he is that good. ABB maybe a guy to look out for down the road but it will take some time.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I said it before and I'll say it again I think Verheaghe could be a 4C option next year especially if Paquette wants too much. We will be tight cap wise and he could be 1mil less. Offensively I don't think we like much, Paquette is on pace for 20 points which I think Verheaghe can hit but more a 8-12 guy than then the 16-4 Paquette is. He's not as good defensively or on the forecheck but could be an ok replacement depending on his wingers, couple of guys who are defensively responsible and heavy forecheckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad