Prospect Info: 2019-20 Syracuse Crunch & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
In his Midseason prospects ranking (evaluation of the best prospects outside the NHL – players who are either signed to an NHL contract or whose rights are held on a club’s reserve list) Pronman put Barré-Boulet at 43, under the category "Very good NHL prospects"
Pronman: 2019-20 midseason NHL prospects ranking
43. Alex Barre-Boulet, LW, Tampa Bay (Syracuse-AHL)
May 21, 1997 | 5-foot-10 | 170 pounds
Drafted: Undrafted
Previous ranking: No. 54
Skating: 55
Puck Skills: 65
Physical Game: 30
Hockey Sense: 60
Shot Grade: 60
Barre-Boulet has had his second straight great AHL season, as a top scorer and All-Star for Syracuse. He is a highly skilled winger who can dangle and create chances with the best AHL forwards. He’s a great playmaker, but I’ve been impressed by his shot as well, as he’s scored some very impressive goals this season. The main critique on Barre-Boulet for years has been his skating, particularly for his size. I don’t think it’s excellent, but it’s fine, and I think is good enough to play in the league.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
How is Shalagin looking with the Solar Bears and how is his skating coming along? Shamefully I haven't been following him as closely as I should be.
I watched last night's game, and took note of Shalagin's skating. He's definitely one of the best skaters on the team in terms of footwork, including when he has the puck. Speed was hard to gauge due to the nature of the match, and a finite number of shifts, but no one is really that slow right now since the d-corp got revamped for more mobility.

Lightning skills development coach Mike Ellis was in attendance for last night's game in Atlanta.

Reactions: Zwui21

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
I watched last night's game, and took note of Shalagin's skating. He's definitely one of the best skaters on the team in terms of footwork, including when he has the puck. Speed was hard to gauge due to the nature of the match, and a finite number of shifts, but no one is really that slow right now since the d-corp got revamped for more mobility.

Lightning skills development coach Mike Ellis was in attendance for last night's game in Atlanta.
Why is he struggling putting up points? 6G 3A in 25 games doesn't sound too promising

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Why is he struggling putting up points? 6G 3A in 25 games doesn't sound too promising
The team needs more scoring generally. Take the teal out, take the scoring out apparently.

6 goals in 25 ECHL games is actually very respectable. You don't really find 50 goal scorers too often in the ECHL. 20 for a season is a lot.

The depth in the league is tremendous, and OSB is really a scoring-by-committee type team. Anytime you get a guy on a roll, there's a serious threat of them getting recalled (or getting an offer in Europe), so you can't comfortably build a team around a few top players. The idea is to move them up, but what's left after they do?

The assists are a bit strange, but goals are greasy, so there's point shots in for a battle, dump-ins, etc. that don't always get rewarded. Also, quite a few breakaways.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So. I haven't watched a Syracuse game all year, but I keep up on stats regularly. For those of you in the know, is it time to be disappointed in Raddysh and Katchouk?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So. I haven't watched a Syracuse game all year, but I keep up on stats regularly. For those of you in the know, is it time to be disappointed in Raddysh and Katchouk?

Raddysh yes. Katchouks was this time last year.

Reactions: DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Raddysh yes. Katchouks was this time last year.

I usually give guys the benefit of an adaptation period to the pros, especially with all the late bloomers we see in this franchise. But again, I wasn't watching the games. Katchouk had some nice moments in camp, but those numbers aren't where you would hope for a guy you'd like to be a top-9 power forward.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Raddysh seems to have started to turn it around a little bit. Currently on a 4 game point streak. 3g+5a=8pts in his last 6 games.

Reactions: ccman68

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Atta boy Raddysh. How something starts can be whatever. It's the finish that counts. Get your shine on now big homie because that Lightning roster is gonna be about as wide open as 2013 by next fall.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Raddysh seems to have started to turn it around a little bit. Currently on a 4 game point streak. 3g+5a=8pts in his last 6 games.

I mean Katchouk has 3g+2a=5pts in his last 6 games but I still have concerns with him. Katchouk has been better than Raddysh for the past month, this past week or so Raddysh has made it closer with a couple of big games. But Katchouk is now playing center which seems to be suiting him well so far. Got moved there after the Mueller trade and Stephens call up which seems to have helped him get back on track. If both can keep their current pace they can salvage this season but I don't see either pushing for a spot next year with the likes of Verheaghe, Volkov, Stephens, Joseph and even Colton looking for a spot. But a strong finish to this year and a good offseason they can be back to where they once were.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We love having our Russian players just chill in Syracuse. Not like they need to play hockey to develop or anything.

Develop into what? Lipanov doesn't have it and will never get it. He just isn't suited for North America and I have to think we mutual termite his last year of his ELC this offseason. Hopefully for the kid he can go back to Russia and make a career out of it but his time here is done.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Develop into what? Lipanov doesn't have it and will never get it. He just isn't suited for North America and I have to think we mutual termite his last year of his ELC this offseason. Hopefully for the kid he can go back to Russia and make a career out of it but his time here is done.
I don't agree. He's fit the ECHL pretty well, although I wouldn't say he's a top tier guy. Toronto used to send us guys who were terrible their first year and in their second year were actually pretty good. They didn't move up full time, but they became good ECHLers. Lipanov isn't terrible.

If he played all 72 games, he'd be on pace for 22.9 goals. Peter Abbandonato, who is a better player right now, would be on pace for 19.6.

OSB has a whole slew of 20 goal guys. Langan, Olson, LeBlanc, & Coughler, although I didn't run everyone's numbers. Recent pickups in Johno May and Taylor Cammarata have them near 40 goals. Both of those guys have been banana sandwich on the scoresheet.

I checked CapFriendly and Lipanov still has two years left on his ELC. If I were in Roest's spot, he wouldn't get a new contract *right now*, but he still has 2.5 years left.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Well, well, well. Ask and ye shall recieve.

Lipanov and Fucale to Orlando. Huntington recalled to Syracuse.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Syracuse is done! Bottom of the division and no signs of it getting any better. The two starters are tied for 2nd worst save% in the league amongst qualified goalies, only ahead of the bottom by .001. Offensively they aren't doing to bad, most guys are close to their pace from last year, a few below and a few above. Currently 4th in GF but dead last in goals against. The team isn't too different than last years except in net which is just killing them. Roest needs to get with Brisebois about this issue because his tenure isn't off to a good start.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Syracuse is done! Bottom of the division and no signs of it getting any better. The two starters are tied for 2nd worst save% in the league amongst qualified goalies, only ahead of the bottom by .001. Offensively they aren't doing to bad, most guys are close to their pace from last year, a few below and a few above. Currently 4th in GF but dead last in goals against. The team isn't too different than last years except in net which is just killing them. Roest needs to get with Brisebois about this issue because his tenure isn't off to a good start.

Fire Groulx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad