Prospect Info: 2019-20 Syracuse Crunch & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Baie Comeau has been unloading some of their better players the past month as it looks like their season is going nowhere. Captain Gabriel Fortier is on his way to Moncton, who have the 2nd most wins in the Q this season. Moncton has also recently acquired Halifax captain Benoit-Olivier Groulx (son of Syracuse head coach Ben Groulx). Fortier and Groulx played on the same line together for Team QMJHL at the Canda-Russia super series. They were also linemates for Canada back in August at the World Junior Summer Showcase.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Fortier will play his first game with his new team tonight.

Head coach of Moncton is ex-Lightning assistant Dan Lacroix. He took over for John Torchetti, another ex-Lightning assistant, after he took a leave of absence December 1st.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Barré-Boulet with a 3 points night in Syracuse, now has 30 points (13G 17A) in 32 games.
Cal Foote got 2 assists, which give him 9 points (2G 7A) in the last 12 contests.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019

Fortier will play his first game with his new team tonight.

Head coach of Moncton is ex-Lightning assistant Dan Lacroix. He took over for John Torchetti, another ex-Lightning assistant, after he took a leave of absence December 1st.

Fortier comes out strong in his Moncton Wildcats debut. 1G 2A for him.
This trade will definitely boost up his stats (was having a quiet year in Baie-Comeau propr to the trade, with 32 points in 36 games)

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Moncton trades draft picks for another top player in Jared McIsaac, who just won gold with Canada at the WJC. Worth noting, Moncton will be getting back Alexander Khovanov soon too, who played for Russia.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Baie Comeau has been unloading some of their better players the past month as it looks like their season is going nowhere. Captain Gabriel Fortier is on his way to Moncton, who have the 2nd most wins in the Q this season. Moncton has also recently acquired Halifax captain Benoit-Olivier Groulx (son of Syracuse head coach Ben Groulx). Fortier and Groulx played on the same line together for Team QMJHL at the Canda-Russia super series. They were also linemates for Canada back in August at the World Junior Summer Showcase.

I have both of TB's Q prospects local to me now. Gonna try to see them play head to head next weekend.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Has there ever been a more Canadian thing than this? Like ever? The song "Out for a rip" doesn't count.
I made this on May 4, 2013 for some forgotten purpose. Maybe World Championships.
6uLLqzr.png

I, however, am American.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

google translated:
Here's # HV71's team tonight. Hugo Alnefelt joined the team today as he was given a couple of days off after his strong performance in JVM. #twittpuck #SHL

Craig Button's top 50 NHL affiliated prospects

Nolan Foote ranked #38
Hugo Alnefelt ranked #39

Reactions: Zwui21

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Lipanov has been pretty quiet lately. I'd have given a slight edge to Shalagin right now, but TB prospects aren't really leading the team right now.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The AHL are doing a Freeview today of all their games today, which happen to include Syracuse hosting Laval.

A free AHLTV account is required. HockeyTV accounts also worked, at least in the recent past, as they were the same account. That might not be the case anymore.

https://www.watchtheahl.com/#/

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Crunch win

3g + 3a for Raddysh in his last 4 games. Was pointless in the previous 9 games.

3g + 2a for Colton in his last 4 games.

6pts in 7 games for Joseph.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Ben Groulx on the Joseph - Colton - Raddysh line last night:

"I think the line of Ross Colton, Taylor Raddysh, and Mat Joseph were our best players tonight. They were leaders. They were setting the tone. It's good to see that."

"I thought Ross and Raddy were pretty good last night and I want to put Jo with them because I think it's a good fit and it takes a little bit of pressure off Jo's shoulders playing on the first line or second line. Tonight I thought they played like a first line. They were no doubt in my mind the best line, the leaders for our team."

Crunch play again today at 3pm

Perbix scores on Chrona

Fortier scores 2 goals in his first game against his former team but Baie-Comeau wins 5-2

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Crunch blow a 2 goal lead in the 3rd period and lose 6-5 to the Devils in the shootout

2pts for ABB who hit 100 career points in his first 110 AHL games

Joseph also collected 2pts. That's 8pts in 8games. He has a 7 game point streak going too.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
How is Shalagin looking with the Solar Bears and how is his skating coming along? Shamefully I haven't been following him as closely as I should be.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
How is Shalagin looking with the Solar Bears and how is his skating coming along? Shamefully I haven't been following him as closely as I should be.
It has been shameful.

The Bears haven't been playing a lot of games the last few weeks, so some things have faded from my memory a bit. I would say Shalagin is still finding his pro game, IMO.

Shalagin impresses me primarily as a two-way forward. I think he makes himself a bit more visible than Lohin or Lipanov because none of these guys are team leaders offensively. Shalagin has been the extra forward and Lohin has been out of the lineup (likely injury, a guy wouldn't be in the doghouse for that long and still be on the team for Drake). ECHL teams normally dress 10 forwards, so he's still getting good minutes. The extra forward can, in certain situations, be a great spot to show your stuff because of the flexibility it allows.

OSB likes a simple north-south game, much more like the Lightning play this year. Shalagin isn't doing end-to-end rushes, dipsy-doodling around d-men or anything, so it's hard to see skills progression. If Shalagin plays tomorrow, I'll take note of his skating for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->