Prospect Info: 2019-20 Syracuse Crunch & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Mitchell Stephens returned to the line-up tonight and scored. He's got 9 points in 10 games this season, hopefully he can stay healthy moving forward.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Crunch @ Marlies happening now 10 minutes into the 1st. Already 2-1 Crunch with goals from Conacher and ABB.

Last edited:
Reactions: NatoGhost

ganiseri

Feb 3, 2014
For personal reasons skipped 2 years from hockey. Could someone update me on our prospects?

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
For personal reasons skipped 2 years from hockey. Could someone update me on our prospects?

We have a lot of good prospects but no elite prospects.

I'll write something short about our main guys but you can find much more information elsewhere.

Foote is our top prospect. Big guy who plays solid D and can chip in offensively. Skating is his only real problem. Projects to be a second pairing guy but if he can improve his skating then the sky is the limit.

Volkov is the one I'm most hyped about. Great speed, playmaking and hockey iq + he can shoot the puck. Hasn't had the greatest season in the ahl but has all the tools you could ask for in a forward. Projects to be a middle six forward but I feel like he could easily be a top six guy.

Barre-Boulet is an undrafted prospect who is lighting up the ahl this year. He is a small guy with great hands and shot + works hard. For a small guy his skating is kind of average though so he is most likely gonna be a middle six guy.

Raddysh is another forward who is having a solid season. He has great size and can really shoot the puck. He is also an underrated playmaker. He also has a problem with skating but he might still be able to become a second line complementary winger thanks to all his great tools.

Then we have guys like Stephens and Katchouk who I feel like are more bottom six wingers but do have some upside. Katchouk is a physical guy who plays real hard but has some skill. Probably a third line winger in the future but could be even better.
Stephens on the other hand has less offensive ability but he is a high character player who plays in a way coaches love. He is compared to Ryan Callahan a lot. Probably a 4th liner tbh.

Fortier was our highest pick last year and he is very similar to a lot of our other prospects. Fast guy who works extremely hard but might not have the highest offensive upside. Probably a middle six player maybe bottom six.

Walker is the biggest possibility of a steal we have. Was drafted in the seventh round a few years ago because of his small size but he has some great offensive tools and his skating is elite. He also doesn't really play his size and can beat guys twice his size in puck battles. Could be a top six player if everything goes right otherwise probably a guy who scores a lot overseas.

Guttman is another player very similar to Walker: he is small and has great speed and solid offensive ability. I don't know if he has top six potential but could be a bottom six guy.

Masin is our second best defensive prospect who some like a lot. He is big and can skate fairly well. I don't see an nhl player in him as he just doesn't bring much offensively and not like he is a defensive wizard or anything. Could still maybe turn into a nice bottom pairing guy if he can work on his game.

Ingram is the only goalie prospect worth mentioning. He isn't the biggest or most athletic guy but he gets the job done and has had great stats throughout his career. Hopefully will become our backup goalie in a few years.

There are some other prospects who could turn out great but these are the one who are impressing me to most right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad