NCAA 2019-20 Season Thread

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Still waiting for the NCAA to drop the hammer on Carolina. I think we both will be waiting a while.

Nah they'll just look the other way (and they already did), but anyone else who gets involved in the fake classes thing will be punished and will be seen as an "example" of the NCAAs punishment hammer.

Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: adsfan and DaveG

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

Of course Dickie V is surprised. He was calling for lifetime bans FFS :laugh:

Announcers/media: Oh dear, this is terrible, my goodness...

95% of fans: This is f***ing awesome!!!

People who don't watch one minute of college basketball all year were excitedly texting me 10 minutes after it happened asking if I'd seen it yet.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

Oh boo-freaking-hoo, the traditional blue-bloods aren't beating the piss out of everyone this season, better sound the alarm! God forbid we have a March Madness with less than 8 ACC teams...

The last thing basketball needs to do is become more like football, where the 4-team playoff is already becoming stale due to the same teams appearing over and over.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I honestly think West By God Virginia has the makings of a FF team. Huggs is an amazing coach.
I think we're still one year away. That said we get the right draw we have a chance this year. I'm stunned he isn't getting more big 12 or even national coach of the year talk given how the team was last year and how many people had written off their chances before the season.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I think we're still one year away. That said we get the right draw we have a chance this year. I'm stunned he isn't getting more big 12 or even national coach of the year talk given how the team was last year and how many people had written off their chances before the season.
Well I’m partial to Pat Chambers... but biased. And agree on Huggins, but I kind of figured WVU would be back to being ranked.

I’m sure the coaches of SDSU, Dayton, Scott Drew have to be up there as well.

Reactions: DaveG

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Basketbrawl at the end of Kansas State/Kansas:

It was very brave of the three Kansas players to go after one KSt player after the game and after one KSt player was knocked down and into the stanchion at the end of a game with a 20+ point lead.

I saw that the WWF guy with the chair got 12 games. The other guy should have received more than two. The guy not in uniform for (KSt?) should be done for the season. He made things worse!

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I like Dayton as a #2.

Obi Toppin looks like another Oscar Robertson. He has a very good all around game. He dunks, he shoots 63% from the field, he passes, 20 pts a game, 8 rebounds, 2 assists with a block and a steal. Just wow!

Kansas may not hang onto to a #1 seed.

If a team that isn't a traditional power (or at least a periodic one) is ever gonna win this tournament again, this would seem to be the year it ought to happen. Dayton has as good a shot as anyone at this point.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
If a team that isn't a traditional power (or at least a periodic one) is ever gonna win this tournament again, this would seem to be the year it ought to happen. Dayton has as good a shot as anyone at this point.

Butler came close last year (and in 2010 and 2011), when Virginia won for the first time. Syracuse winning in 2003 was a surprise, except to my daughter, who picked them in her high school bragging rights pool. She was the only one out of 110 people to pick them.

Dayton made it to the Finals in 1967, but ran into Lew Alcindor and Bobby Warren (later of Hill Street Blues). The Flyers went to the Elite Eight in 1984 when they knocked off Oklahoma with Wayman Tisdale in a big upset. They also beat Ohio State, Syracuse and Stanford a few years ago. I think that they can make a big run this year, but they only play 8 guys. They have to stay out of foul trouble.

Reactions: Kyle McMahon

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
...The Flyers went to the Elite Eight in 1984 when they knocked off Oklahoma with Wayman Tisdale in a big upset. ...
Bobby Knight cut Barkley and Stockton from the Olympic team. The 84 draft was great, but Bowie, Turpin, Gordon, and Wood all went top 10.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ugh Rutgers getting that comeback and road win would have been so huge, as it is they probably still need to win two games to get into the NCAA tournament with their horrible (1-10) road record, even if they haven't actually been blown out in any game.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Patrick Chambers. Bring on Everest.

We are... better... than you, at:

Football
Basketball
Academics
Philanthropy (THON)
Wrestling
Volleyball
And, well...
Pretty much... everything.

Reactions: Roman Fell

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Dayton won at home last night against Davidson (15-13) to become A10 champs with a 16-0 record and 27-2 overall so far. Dayton's two losses on the season were both in OT. They lost to the now #1 Kansas in the finals of the Maui Classic. Dayton lost to Colorado in Chicago. Dayton is 3-2 in neutral site games this season. The Flyers have two more conference games, including a road trip to Rhode Island, the #2 team in the A10. That game may decide if Dayton gets a #1 NCAA seed or if they remain as a projected #2 seed.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Bobby Knight cut Barkley and Stockton from the Olympic team. The 84 draft was great, but Bowie, Turpin, Gordon, and Wood all went top 10.

Dayton Flyers Coach Don Donaher was an assistant coach to Bob Knight on that 1984 Olympic team. Knight liked that Dayton played a man-to-man base defense, including on in bounds plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad