2019-20 Schedule Release Thread

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Doesn't look like CBJ are anybody's home opener... so I'm guessing CBJ's home opener is their 1st game of the season.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Doesn't look like CBJ are anybody's home opener... so I'm guessing CBJ's home opener is their 1st game of the season.

Very (very...) likely you’re right but there’s one small possibility I see that we play Thursday night.

Four teams have home openers Wednesday: Toronto, Edmonton, Vegas, St. Louis. Toronto is (obviously) playing Friday so we wouldn’t play there Thursday because that’d be three in a row for them. Edmonton and Vegas are too far for a back-to-back so we wouldn’t play there Thursday. But it’s theoretically possible we could play at St. Louis. They’re not listed as the home opener opponent for any other team, so there’s no indication they play Friday night (or Thursday on the road).

Now, I’m guessing their second game is Friday/Saturday at home (or maybe Saturday on the road at a team who had already played their home opener) but it’s slimly possible it could be us on Thursday. (It’s also possible they could play Saturday at home/road and still play us Thursday at home, but seems very unlikely.)

ETA: Chris Brown is scheduled for Enterprise Center on that Thursday, so yep, we’re opening at home!

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Regular Season schedule announced

Blue Jackets announce 2019-20 regular season schedule

In addition to Opening Night vs. the Maple Leafs, highlights of the 2019-20 home schedule include:
Oct. 30 vs. Edmonton: Lone visit by three-time NHL First Team All-Star Connor McDavid and the Oilers
Nov. 5 vs. Vegas: Lone visit to Columbus by the Golden Knights
Nov. 15 vs. St. Louis: Lone appearance at Nationwide Arena of the 2019 Stanley Cup champions
Nov. 29 and Mar. 12 vs. Pittsburgh: Sidney Crosby and 2016 and 2017 Stanley Cup champions
Dec. 5 and Feb. 14 vs. NY Rangers: Former CBJ President of Hockey Ops John Davidson and Metropolitan rivals visit
Dec. 16 and Mar. 19 vs. Washington: Alex Ovechkin and 2018 Stanley Cup champions
Dec. 29 vs. Chicago: Lone visit by Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews and the 2010, '13, '15 Stanley Cup champions
Dec. 31 vs. Florida: Celebrate New Year's Eve
Jan. 14 vs. Boston: Lone home game vs. 2019 Eastern Conference champions in rematch of 2019 2nd round opponents
Feb. 10 and Apr. 2 vs. Tampa Bay: NHL MVP Nikita Kucherov and Lightning visit in rematch of 2019 1st round playoff series

InfiniteElement

Jan 4, 2019
16 back to backs, oof.

If I can count... I'm seeing by day -

Sunday: 6
Monday: 12
Tuesday: 12
Wednesday: 5
Thursday: 14
Friday: 12
Saturday: 21

Attachments

• cbj1920sched.jpg
    cbj1920sched.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
How many years in a row is this that we have near the top amount of back to backs

Is it because they seem to have blocked off Thursday as a good day for a home game? Then iof there's a game on Sunday, you're gonna be BTB whether you play Friday or Saturday. Dunno...

Anyway first three weekends of the season are home and away BTB. Only one BTB is with both games at home?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Not to mention Tor/Pit to open the regular season. Tough.

And that Vegas away game at the tail end of the California trip.. ouch. 4 games in 6 nights.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
How many years in a row is this that we have near the top amount of back to backs

It was mentioned a few times that teams can either have more home weekend games or more back to backs. The CBJ have always opted to have more home weekend games and this more B-2-B during season.
Comes down to selling tickets.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Bit of a silly question (I haven't looked - and talking about STH) are we not being charged for the extra pre-season game, or did they add that price in?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad