2019-20 San Diego Gulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I wouldn't doubt he'd probably be our best PP defenseman.

neither do I. But the question is is the upgrade worth how bad this guy is in his own end? He has lost a step post injuries and couldn’t crack some of the worst d cores in the league last season.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
neither do I. But the question is is the upgrade worth how bad this guy is in his own end? He has lost a step post injuries and couldn’t crack some of the worst d cores in the league last season.
I think he looks much better since the injury better than he did last year. Not sure if they will call him up but he would really help on the PP or else they might trade him.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think he looks much better since the injury better than he did last year. Not sure if they will call him up but he would really help on the PP or else they might trade him.

why would they trade him? He was signed because he will help the AHL team immensely which he appears to be doing.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Very neutral AHL fan..But saw a game recently where Wideman was doing a bunch of chippy shit on the ice but never really answered the bell when called out.

Is that his normal play style? To be a pest?

I'd imagine someone will light his shit up in the NHL if he continues scrumming it up but being a punk and disappearing when it gets real.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Very neutral AHL fan..But saw a game recently where Wideman was doing a bunch of chippy **** on the ice but never really answered the bell when called out.

Is that his normal play style? To be a pest?

I'd imagine someone will light his **** up in the NHL if he continues scrumming it up but being a punk and disappearing when it gets real.
He has been lit up in the NHL before and won't usually back down. He took offense to someone going after the goalie or one of the players. He plays a pretty controlled game. Hard to say what it was but if being a NHL vet in the AHL I am sure he gets chirped to more often than giving it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Tough loss, still waiting for Sprong to break out lots of opportunities for him and others tonight more aggressive hockey in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->